News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 08, 2021, 09:07:30 PM
I checked, it still says "awaiting fulfilment".

My recent timelines with Dan's are like this...

Order #1 (PNSO Rex) ordered on  December 19th, accepted by ChinaPost on December 30th.

Order #2 (Three PNSO models) ordered on December 26th, accepted by ChinaPost on December 30th.

Both leave China at the same time on Jan 3rd, arrive in the US Customs 5 days later, Dec 8th.

TaranUlas

Quote from: Over9K on January 09, 2021, 05:00:19 AM

Order #1 (PNSO Rex) ordered on  December 19th, accepted by ChinaPost on December 30th.

Order #2 (Three PNSO models) ordered on December 26th, accepted by ChinaPost on December 30th.

Both leave China at the same time on Jan 3rd, arrive in the US Customs 5 days later, Dec 8th.

To add onto this, I've made two orders with Dan's. One on the 3rd of Dec and one on the 25th. The one on the 3rd only shipped on the 9th and then only finally arrived at my place by the 3rd of Jan. The one on the 25th didn't ship until the 3rd and looks likely to arrive by the 11th, but who knows? USPS has been chaotic to say the least. Plus I'm on the East Coast so it's much less of a straight line from China to here. I'm planning on collecting more PNSO this year since Safari's really light and Collecta is probably going to do their usual splitting of figures so it's really only two shipments for me with them. Trying to figure out who I can get them from the fastest and most reliably while not spending too much has been an annoyance to say the least. I'll probably stick with Dan's since it was the easiest for confirmation plus the the longer times will help me not rush getting them as much. (except for the 2020 Spinosaurus. I will not spend 20 more dollars on it before shipping than I would with Amazon. Least my extra 20 there will speed up and secure shipping.)

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Gwangi on January 08, 2021, 08:03:15 PM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on January 08, 2021, 08:09:19 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 07, 2021, 11:37:22 PM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on January 07, 2021, 08:14:27 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on January 02, 2021, 03:28:36 PM
The too big scales will be on every new Theropd Figure i guess, and i am okay with that. I think it is also a creative desicion, because these Figures aren't that big ( In General ), so he sculpted them a bit exaggerated to create a more detailed looking Figure. Like using a hefty wash with drybrushing on a Figure to create more Depth. In Nature, Animals are not washed with dark Colour and Highlights, of course. So i would say, that they chose to use bigger scales to make their Figures interesting for a broader range of customers.

Thumbs up!
PNSO's "dream and vision for children" also makes it clear what target audience they are aimed at. The little stories that come with every dino figure are always included and they always teach something about the animal to children.
I am not going to judge the 10-40$ figures like they are museum maquettes or resin kits. They are still toys. Very well researched toys but that doesn't negate a bit of flashiness and fantasy.

I am quite happy PNSO keeps on mixing new/obscure species with more known ones. Not interested in getting the Carnotaurus but it's a pretty cool looking, streamlined figure. Slender Carni is good Carni.

There's no way I would give a child the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus. I let my daughter play with much of my collection but that thing is dangerous.

There is no way I'd give a child my Papo Pentaceratops because of all the sharp bits when even one of my friends nicked her finger on the back ridges. Doesn't change the fact it's supposed to be a toy.
Remember the context I posted this in: this was about scales looking enlarged on the PNSO figs, not about safety hazard.

PS:
PNSO make a concentrated effort to produce little dinosaur stories in easy language, these are 100% for kids, accompanied by the dino figure to look at and learn from. Not all toys are "bash and mash" or to be thrown in a bin. And there are plenty of kids who collect together with their parents and are responsible in handling the figures.

I'm just making a general statement, not trying to refute your claim or argue it, so there's no need to get defensive about it. I'm fully aware of PNSO's marketing strategy, thank you very much.

You directly quoted me to make your statement, so I replied. You don't have to get defensive about it, either *shrugs*
I don't care about getting roped into arguments about nothing, so thank you, too, and let's keep it moving.

JimoAi

Quote from: TaranUlas on January 09, 2021, 05:28:47 AM
Quote from: Over9K on January 09, 2021, 05:00:19 AM

To add onto this, I've made two orders with Dan's. One on the 3rd of Dec and one on the 25th. The one on the 3rd only shipped on the 9th and then only finally arrived at my place by the 3rd of Jan. The one on the 25th didn't ship until the 3rd and looks likely to arrive by the 11th, but who knows? USPS has been chaotic to say the least. Plus I'm on the East Coast so it's much less of a straight line from China to here. I'm planning on collecting more PNSO this year since Safari's really light and Collecta is probably going to do their usual splitting of figures so it's really only two shipments for me with them. Trying to figure out who I can get them from the fastest and most reliably while not spending too much has been an annoyance to say the least. I'll probably stick with Dan's since it was the easiest for confirmation plus the the longer times will help me not rush getting them as much. (except for the 2020 Spinosaurus. I will not spend 20 more dollars on it before shipping than I would with Amazon. Least my extra 20 there will speed up and secure shipping.)
My Pnso items take no more than 14 days to arrive as I live in Singapore and order from a chinese site called Taobao

SidB

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

JohannesB

It's weird, maybe, but I live in Norway, and when I order from China, for example, the items are delivered within three weeks, most of the time.

Bread

For me at least, here in the states, about 15-20 days on orders from Aliexpress. About 3 weeks or more from DansDinosaurs. Amazon is a loose cannon, unless the figures are marked to arrive in less than a week (usually this means that amazon has them in a local warehouse).

I want to note that I mentioned in the PNSO thread that there will be a sale from Jan. 11th to Jan. 15th on Aliexpress, Model Toy Center and My Online Toy Center.

JimoAi

My now sold Spinosaurus took 8days to arrive while the new wilson took 14 days

Carnoking

I ordered the spinosaurus from Dan's on November 11th and it arrived roughly a month later.

I currently have several other PNSO dinos ordered through Dan's that are also "awaiting fulfillment" as of last night.

I ordered a couple from aliexpress that took about a month and half to get to me.

I haven't ordered a PNSO from amazon that isn't prime so I can't comment.

I think there isn't a set expectation for anywhere at this point given the state of things.

Kapitaenosavrvs

SenSx

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on January 09, 2021, 04:11:31 PM
https://youtu.be/evm-Vl5B0tQ

Thanks.

A must have for me.
Love the sculpt, just sad for no lips, and maybe no feathers.
Love the paint jobs with albino like colors, just not a fan of the light brown/orange on the tip of the nose, but maybe it is the lightening of the video,s till a great figure.

Can't wait for PNSO next figure that should be revealed soon.

Gwangi

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on January 09, 2021, 09:56:44 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 08, 2021, 08:03:15 PM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on January 08, 2021, 08:09:19 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 07, 2021, 11:37:22 PM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on January 07, 2021, 08:14:27 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on January 02, 2021, 03:28:36 PM
The too big scales will be on every new Theropd Figure i guess, and i am okay with that. I think it is also a creative desicion, because these Figures aren't that big ( In General ), so he sculpted them a bit exaggerated to create a more detailed looking Figure. Like using a hefty wash with drybrushing on a Figure to create more Depth. In Nature, Animals are not washed with dark Colour and Highlights, of course. So i would say, that they chose to use bigger scales to make their Figures interesting for a broader range of customers.

Thumbs up!
PNSO's "dream and vision for children" also makes it clear what target audience they are aimed at. The little stories that come with every dino figure are always included and they always teach something about the animal to children.
I am not going to judge the 10-40$ figures like they are museum maquettes or resin kits. They are still toys. Very well researched toys but that doesn't negate a bit of flashiness and fantasy.

I am quite happy PNSO keeps on mixing new/obscure species with more known ones. Not interested in getting the Carnotaurus but it's a pretty cool looking, streamlined figure. Slender Carni is good Carni.

There's no way I would give a child the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus. I let my daughter play with much of my collection but that thing is dangerous.

There is no way I'd give a child my Papo Pentaceratops because of all the sharp bits when even one of my friends nicked her finger on the back ridges. Doesn't change the fact it's supposed to be a toy.
Remember the context I posted this in: this was about scales looking enlarged on the PNSO figs, not about safety hazard.

PS:
PNSO make a concentrated effort to produce little dinosaur stories in easy language, these are 100% for kids, accompanied by the dino figure to look at and learn from. Not all toys are "bash and mash" or to be thrown in a bin. And there are plenty of kids who collect together with their parents and are responsible in handling the figures.

I'm just making a general statement, not trying to refute your claim or argue it, so there's no need to get defensive about it. I'm fully aware of PNSO's marketing strategy, thank you very much.

You directly quoted me to make your statement, so I replied. You don't have to get defensive about it, either *shrugs*
I don't care about getting roped into arguments about nothing, so thank you, too, and let's keep it moving.

Yes, I quoted you in order to communicate with you. It wasn't a challenge, it was a friendly remark about a particular figure in this line of toys made for children. But as usual, context gets lost in the text and the reader gets offended and defensive instead of maybe a "haha, you're right about that". No, I have absolutely no desire to argue about any of this, so I'll just take it as a learning experience on how to communicate with you in the future.

EDIT: I'm sorry about my own defensiveness. I came here posting what I thought was friendly chit-chat but was instead met with a perceived lecture. Whatever your intent, I'm sorry you felt triggered by me. Genuinely sorry, I'm done now.

Carnoking

Okay, there's no way this ends come February.

I will say, love the horned lizard inspired color scheme!

Photos from Paleofiguras.

suspsy

To quote Pam Poovey from Archer: "Holy s***snacks!"

Seriously, this is not funny anymore, PNSO. I've already plunked down too much as it is! STOP REVEALING TOYS THAT I CAN'T RESIST!

And to think that the Zhuchengtyrannus still hasn't been revealed.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

I promise, I'll buy all the ones you've released so far if you just STOP :'(

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I wonder if they will do Homer the Saichania, Marge the Tarchia and Lisa the Shamosaurus to go with him? Sorry I had to

That is a stunning Ankylosaur, and their first non-Nodosaur Ankylosaur since Sede the ankylosaurus. I just love the forearm armour on Pinacoaurus, so glad to have this one, fingers crossed it is 1;35 or 1:40 scale.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 10, 2021, 02:58:05 AM
I wonder if they will do Homer the Saichania, Marge the Tarchia and Lisa the Shamosaurus to go with him? Sorry I had to

And Maggie the Zaraapelta.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Yes, I was hoping they would return to more herbivores. This Pinacosaurus looks lovely! I assume the final product will be lacking the wash/coloration on the armor and spikes, similar to their sauropelta, but hopefully they give this one a similar treatment to their Ankylosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: