News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Andrea is now also available at My Online Toy Store on AliExpress. Best deal I could find so far, so I purchased her from them.
But today, I'm just being father

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: SRF on July 29, 2021, 04:46:03 PM
Andrea is now also available at My Online Toy Store on AliExpress. Best deal I could find so far, so I purchased her from them.

:( :( :(

Why? We are both in the EU. I don't understand.

SRF

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on July 29, 2021, 04:52:59 PM
Quote from: SRF on July 29, 2021, 04:46:03 PM

:( :( :(

Why? We are both in the EU. I don't understand.

That is really strange. Maybe you can ask them what's going on? They replied to my messages fairly quick today.

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on July 29, 2021, 01:53:24 PM
Yeah, it either needs a base or to be posed with its head hanging off the shelf if you're hoping to use it's articulated mouth.
Andrea hardly needs the articulated jaw feature, since her pose makes it largely irrelevant. Could have dropped the price somewhat without it. Oh well.

Gwangi

I'm just gonna say it, I don't think Andrea pairs well with Wilson. I love that they improved the scales and texturing but now they don't look right together. As similar as they otherwise are it's just not believable that their integument would differ so much.

Carnoking

Quote from: SidB on July 29, 2021, 05:46:29 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on July 29, 2021, 01:53:24 PM
Yeah, it either needs a base or to be posed with its head hanging off the shelf if you're hoping to use it's articulated mouth.
Andrea hardly needs the articulated jaw feature, since her pose makes it largely irrelevant. Could have dropped the price somewhat without it. Oh well.

Agreed, definitely a superfluous feature with this one but it definitely comes across as PNSO not thinking that all the way through.

Andre

Can you share the link from My Online Toy Store? I using the app, but I still don't see Andrea on their store.

SRF

Quote from: Andre on July 29, 2021, 06:23:28 PM
Can you share the link from My Online Toy Store? I using the app, but I still don't see Andrea on their store.

Sure, here you go: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLOmFxl

Bread

Quote from: Gwangi on July 29, 2021, 05:50:16 PM
I'm just gonna say it, I don't think Andrea pairs well with Wilson. I love that they improved the scales and texturing but now they don't look right together. As similar as they otherwise are it's just not believable that their integument would differ so much.
I also feel the same way. I am glad for the improvements, but at the same time they don't look right with each other. I'd like to see some comparisons with Logan and Andrea as well, but I have a feeling Wilson goes better with Logan for the same reason as they share similar skin textures.

Andrea looks great, but if I had to choose Wilson or her, it would be Wilson due to the pose. I will say I am biased towards Wilson, but nonetheless great figures from PNSO.

SRF

Quote from: Bread on July 29, 2021, 07:16:56 PM
I also feel the same way. I am glad for the improvements, but at the same time they don't look right with each other. I'd like to see some comparisons with Logan and Andrea as well, but I have a feeling Wilson goes better with Logan for the same reason as they share similar skin textures.

Andrea looks great, but if I had to choose Wilson or her, it would be Wilson due to the pose. I will say I am biased towards Wilson, but nonetheless great figures from PNSO.

Logan has the same skin detail as the newer PNSO releases, definitely not the oversized scales from Wilson.

Here's a picture of the three of them together. You can find more on Paleofiguras Facebook page.

suspsy

Quote from: SRF on July 29, 2021, 07:31:38 PM

They do look nice together. I find it puzzling how Andrea has an articulated jaw that can't open when she's sitting on a flat surface.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Mellow Stego

Kinda wish her head was raised a bit.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

SidB

Maybe the PNSO dating service hasn't fully  done their homework, but I'm okay with the pair. I better be, since I've put down my cold, hard cash for them, and Logan to boot.

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on July 29, 2021, 07:34:21 PM
Quote from: SRF on July 29, 2021, 07:31:38 PM

They do look nice together. I find it puzzling how Andrea has an articulated jaw that can't open when she's sitting on a flat surface.
Very touching (no pun intended) together, I think too, and I'm going to display these together in my diorame when Andrea and Logan arrive. T-rex family values, possibly - the family that slays together, stays together?

Gwangi

Seeing them together makes me think of scaled vs. scaleless versions of various selectively bred pet reptiles.

Faras

Hmm interesting, Zhao posted that the new Mamenchisaurus is part of the works he did per request of Chengdu Natural History Museum curator and a paleotologis/Mamenchisaurus expert. 1:1, 1:10, 1:20, and 1:45 models were made for key highlight of the collections - Mamenchisaurus hochuanensis.

So guess we won't see a 1:35 Mamenchisaurus soon...

terrorchicken

oh wow, didn't know they were doing the "hairless" thing to pet reptiles like they've already done with dogs and cats... :o

Andrea with the mouth closed looks like she's sipping water off the surface of a lake. I like her and Logan but they are out of my price range. I miss when the mid range figures were under 30 bucks. If they are gonna make the mid range a higher price point they should at least consider bringing back the larger minis, the size range they used for the Chinese dinosaurs set(yangchuanosaurus, gigantoraptor, microraptor, etc.)

Creature

Don't even get me started on leatherback beardies... >:(

Andrea looks amazing, though, and I can't wait to get her. I wish they had a version of Aaron that was in-scale. He'd look so cute staring up at her with the big adoring eyes.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

SidB

Yes, I too thought that a 1/35 scale Aaron would be fitting. Do they still use pantographic technology?

SRF

Apparantely Andrea is already sold out at My Online Toy Store, for now at least.  :o I think I saw they only had 10 "in stock" though, they will send it out next week. Glad I'll be getting one of those 10. :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.