News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Thank you Faras!

I find it odd how PNSO are releasing a whole new sculpt for their Mamenchisaurus, but for their Amargasaurus they are just giving it a repaint. Regardless, both are easy pass for me, but hopefully PNSO bring about some smaller sauropod models as this would attract me quite a bit.

Sim

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 24, 2021, 06:35:22 PM
Quote from: Sim on July 24, 2021, 02:29:19 PM
Wow, I've got a lot of catching up to do!  For now I'll just post my thoughts on one thing:

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 09, 2021, 04:59:33 PM
If PNSO or Safari does make a new cryo I hope it's not another skinny or feathery one. I can't wait to see a blubbery and robust one

As far as I know blubber is only known to be present in animals that spend a lot of time in water, so it seems unprecented for Cryolophosaurus.  The Battat Cryolophosaurus is a good figure of a robust Cryolophosaurus.  However, there is no figure of a fully feathered Cryolophosaurus, and it would be great for one to exist, so I hope PNSO or Safari make one.
Maybe blubber was the wrong term. I dont really see cryolophosaurus as a fast pursuit predator, but rather as an ambush predator, or even a piscivore, but I will have to do more research on this when I get the time. And I have to disagree.  While the battat cryolophosaurus is a nice figure it's far to skinny. The papo one is nice and more robust but has a bad pose. Carnegie's is the best

Isn't the Carnegie Cryolophosaurus more skinny than the Battat?  I've owned both and it seems that way to me.  You can see this if you compare their snouts, neck, feet and tail.

SidB

avatar_Sim @Sim , I own both and a quick look at the images under "Contents" on the DTB shows how gracile is Carnegie one. It's a lovely work of art by Forest Rogers, who, as we know tended to favor that sort of treatment. Your memory is correct on this score. The Battat one, at 1/40 vs. 1/25-1/30 makes a comparison a bit of a challenge, but clearly is somewhat more compact in its proportions.

suspsy

At this point, I strongly feel the need to express my earnest desire that PNSO stop. Just stop. Stop with the releases. It's been great, but at this point, it honestly feels kind of like a banquet where everyone is stuffed full of delicious food, yet more delicious food keeps getting placed in front of them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Yeah gotta agree it would be nice to see a break. I don't think I'll ever get caught up at this rate, lol. Only exception I want to see at this point is new mini figures. Can't believe its been nearly an entire year straight of releases. A few minor breaks in between here and there (namely around the New Year celebration), but it's almost been weekly or biweekly something new pops up. I don't know how they do it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Maritimer

Am I correct in reading that the new "1:45" Mamenchisaurus is ever-so-slightly longer than the "1:35" version of Er-Ma that I'm looking at across my desk?

The one I have is standing on a base that looks like a natural habitat - the box it came in is upstairs in the shipper they arrived in. Love your figures, but the box ain't a base, PNSO.

~B.

SRF

I don't think PNSO will stop. If I remember correctly, they were planning on doing 50 releases in 2021. Even if you include the bronze statues and the new book ends, they're not even halfway.
But today, I'm just being father

sauroid

thanks Faras, must be a labor of love providing all these translations.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: suspsy on July 28, 2021, 12:01:13 AM
At this point, I strongly feel the need to express my earnest desire that PNSO stop. Just stop. Stop with the releases. It's been great, but at this point, it honestly feels kind of like a banquet where everyone is stuffed full of delicious food, yet more delicious food keeps getting placed in front of them.

I feel the same way but keep in mind there are at least two releases #47 and 48) yet to be announced in the standard line alone!

https://toyanimal.info/wiki/PNSO_Prehistoric_Animal_Models
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Bokisaurus

Wow, that's a lot of work you did translating all of the text for us! Thank you avatar_Faras @Faras !

SRF

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on July 28, 2021, 06:19:44 PM

I feel the same way but keep in mind there are at least two releases #47 and 48) yet to be announced in the standard line alone!

The Torvosaurus is number 48.

Faras

My pleasure! *bows* :)

It's been a really nice day today, Kronosaurus (plus Mosasaurus + Dakosaurus from Krono crowdfunding "all in" option) and T. rex/Sinoceratops bookstands finally arrived, new T. rex Andrea was shipped! :D Some might post in hand pics of Andrea on Baidu Tieba tomorrow (though I'm not too sure since only about 30 were sold so far). PNSO dispatched 4 new figures in 3 days, no major Q. C. issue reported for 3 of them, quite impressive.

PNSO Kronosaurus

Beautiful pose, though need custom stands to fully show it:
https://www.facebook.com/100008136481227/videos/pcb.2868598379947846/194222089245419
https://www.facebook.com/100008136481227/videos/pcb.2868598379947846/543520776799363

There are some common minor issues (nearly all have it judging from Tieba posts and comments):  jaw is loose - some can't stay in place when not fully closed or opened. Unconnected deeper part of the tongue is a bit too visible when mouth is open, this also means you can bend the tongue to make mouth opening wider (careful not to break tongue though). Seamlines in mouth. Right foreflipper is bent cause of packing (easily fixed by heating).

Spoiler

[close]

It comes with two small stands of same height (they actually made new ones instead of raiding theropods lines). Stands provide surprisingly stable support, even allowing near 90 degree rotations (though imo horizontal body look a bit boring, so using Japanese amine stands instead).

Spoiler

[close]

Teeth fit perfectly. Neat musculature and details as usual. Decent paint (might look better with more layers like on Mosasaurus/Ophthalmosaur but eeh displaying three with same paint together could be very boring). Flippers have some rough edges (thought these might be fault when checking other's in hand pics, now with figure in hand it's obviously intentional).

Spoiler

[close]

Now Mr. Big Head is my favourite marine figure  :))

Spoiler

[close]

PNSO T. rex and Sinoceratops bookstands

Resin head sculpts in bronze paint + heavy bases (connection between them doesn't look as solid as old ones, so probably best not to pull the heads) They are exactly the same and as brilliant as promo pics  ;D

Spoiler

[close]

And old Yangchuanosaurus bookstand for comparison (only have this one):

Spoiler
[close]

SRF

Found this post on Instagram with in hand pictures of Andrea: https://www.instagram.com/p/CR4YXI7Lq1Z/?utm_medium=copy_link

That looks absolutely stunning. Still only one store on AliExpress who sells this beauty, I've got to get her fast.

Carnoking

Man when those distracting ankles are hidden that thing really is something to admire. Also amped for that Kronosaurus but will probably hold off until it's available on Prime.

Faras

Quote from: SRF on July 28, 2021, 07:51:59 PM
Found this post on Instagram with in hand pictures of Andrea: https://www.instagram.com/p/CR4YXI7Lq1Z/?utm_medium=copy_link

That looks absolutely stunning. Still only one store on AliExpress who sells this beauty, I've got to get her fast.

Damn what a beauty, lots of improvements in paint (especially the stripes) and teeth nearly look too good to be real :D

Bread

Andrea looks great, quite an improvement over Wilson. Now I kind of wish PNSO just went ahead and made her into a walking pose.....

Kronosaurus is an easy pass for me as I do not collect prehistoric marine life.

Quote from: SRF on July 28, 2021, 07:36:00 PM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on July 28, 2021, 06:19:44 PM

The Torvosaurus is number 48.
Even with these two releases left, I still anticipate for PNSO to cause another large weekly release schedule later in the year or the next year, especially with Holidays coming again. Man, time sure does fly. Feels like I just saw "Winter" Wilson for the first time in promo images.

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: SRF on July 28, 2021, 07:51:59 PM

Is this really the final production version? She looks amazing! A massive improvement over (the already great) Wilson indeed. These photos sold me more on Andrea than all the official promo shots did. However, I think presentation matters a lot with this figure and it looks better with a nice base that elevates her a bit.

Quote from: Faras on July 27, 2021, 06:03:47 PM
Edit: nearly everyone in comment section of crowdfunding page is complaining about 1:45 scale and asking for 1:35, wonder what PNSO would do about this.
So I'm not alone! I hope they listen and stick to 1:35 for the museum line going forward.

And a thank you for your extensive translations from me, as well.

Quote from: SidB on July 26, 2021, 02:24:06 PM
Quote from: Psittacoraptor on July 26, 2021, 10:52:18 AM
Logan is now available at Jurassic Zoo Store and My Online Toy Store on Ali, btw. Still 30.99$ but at least without the extra shipping cost on Amazon.
It (Logan) was (and maybe still is) going for 19.99 on eBay with Xiatao032, with free shipping, as I posted a couplle of days ago on this thread.
Sorry, I only saw this post now. It doesn't show up in my notifications for some reason. Ebay.de doesn't want to let me shop at that seller's store, it won't even let me view their items.

SRF

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor the pictures are taken by someone who purchased it himself, so that is the final product.

Some more pictures popped up on Paleofiguras Facebook page, here are some of them:

Damn, those pictures really don't do Wilson justice. He looks much better in hand. But it also makes Andrea look really stunning. A base does really elevate her though. Since I have the very first version of Wilson in storage, maybe I'll just try to display Andrea on his base.

Also, PNSO has entered AliExpress. Prices for the figures itself are a bit lower than at other stores, but they do charge more for shipment. Still less expensive than shopping at their Amazon store though.

Andrea at PNSO's AliExpress store

ITdactyl

somehow the left leg looks better positioned than the right leg (even though the degree of the break in the ankle seems to be similar). 'Gives me the impression she was sculpted as if shuffling into a better position.

Carnoking

Yeah, it either needs a base or to be posed with its head hanging off the shelf if you're hoping to use it's articulated mouth.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: