News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

You guys have a good eye for noticing Spinosaurus had flat toe claws, that's one detail that often gets overlooked.

The only Spinosaurus figure I have that is based on the 2014 (and later) reconstruction is CollectA's from 2015, and as far as I can tell, it does get that detail right, even though it's now wrong in other aspects. And the Mesozoic Life version, as good and accurate as it is, and which I also consider the (potential, as we have yet to see it being released) best version of this genus forgets this detail. As avatar_Sim @Sim mentions, you could use the argument of the keratin growth, but I think CollectA and also the 2019 Doug Watson's Safari figure (IIRC it also gets this aspect right, though I don't have that figure myself).

Andre

PNSO has been announcing some "living animals" these days.. seems like the "prehistoric" line is really done for 2021.. I think we can all use a break, right..
At least after the Mamenchisaurus is finally released.. does anyone have news on it, by the way?

SidB

Right, A @Andre , it sure would be a relief - I don't think too many will disagree with you on that point. Also, probably a good sales tactic as there's simply been too much to digest. Now many people will, if you're correct, have a chance to catch up, or at least more appreciate their acquisitions to date.

Faras

Quote from: Andre on August 19, 2021, 12:09:26 PM
PNSO has been announcing some "living animals" these days.. seems like the "prehistoric" line is really done for 2021.. I think we can all use a break, right..
At least after the Mamenchisaurus is finally released.. does anyone have news on it, by the way?

Yeah if they keep releasing I'd be broken, lol.

Mamenchisaueus crowdfunding will ship around 25th August, so it should appear on Amazon and AliExpress then (maybe 1-3 days early or late). They've realeased two vids, creation story: https://m.modian.com/main/update_detail/115252/68855.html and draw a Mamenchi with Zhao: https://m.modian.com/main/update_detail/115252/69229.html both in Chinese though, hopefully English version on youtube soon.

SRF

It's not even anouncing them, but promting excisting figures like they did with the Spinosaurus and Stegosaurus recently.

I wonder how long their break will last. Last year they started things up around September...
But today, I'm just being father

Concavenator

seems like the "prehistoric" line is really done for 2021.. I think we can all use a break, right..

*lol* Well, to be fair we have had more than enough, haven't we? Throughout the year I have seen people asking them to just stop every time they announced a new model. Their lineup for this year so far is impressive to say the least, and yet who knows if they will release anything else down the road.

Bread

I still thought they had 2 Museum Line figures to be released? Apparently a Spinosaurus and Triceratops?

Sim

Quote from: Concavenator on August 18, 2021, 12:57:35 AM
You guys have a good eye for noticing Spinosaurus had flat toe claws, that's one detail that often gets overlooked.

The only Spinosaurus figure I have that is based on the 2014 (and later) reconstruction is CollectA's from 2015, and as far as I can tell, it does get that detail right, even though it's now wrong in other aspects. And the Mesozoic Life version, as good and accurate as it is, and which I also consider the (potential, as we have yet to see it being released) best version of this genus forgets this detail. As avatar_Sim @Sim mentions, you could use the argument of the keratin growth, but I think CollectA and also the 2019 Doug Watson's Safari figure (IIRC it also gets this aspect right, though I don't have that figure myself).

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, I think you forgot to complete your last sentence...

sauroid

is there really a new Spinosaurus coming out or is it another one of those wishful thinking due to an "image leak" in one of PNSO's social media accounts?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Andre

Quote from: Faras on August 19, 2021, 01:00:01 PM
They've realeased two vids, creation story: https://m.modian.com/main/update_detail/115252/68855.html and draw a Mamenchi with Zhao: https://m.modian.com/main/update_detail/115252/69229.html both in Chinese though, hopefully English version on youtube soon.

Nice that we can see the model in his hands on the first video!! Not in detail, but it's possible to get an idea on the size.

Over9K

Check out this sweet custom Wilson from @BravoModels on FB...

Reuben03

liiips ahhh that's gorgeous!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on August 19, 2021, 02:59:42 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on August 18, 2021, 12:57:35 AM

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, I think you forgot to complete your last sentence...

Oops, you're right. I just meant that the CollectA 2015 and Safari 2019 have the flat toe claws, which is right.

Bokisaurus

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Please make a figure of Sarcosuchus or Deinosuchus.

suspsy

So when is the Mamenchisaurus coming out?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faras

Quote from: suspsy on August 23, 2021, 08:33:51 PM
So when is the Mamenchisaurus coming out?

Probably around crowdfunding shipping date - 25th August, could be 1-7 days late, tho unlikely judging from recent releases.

Bread

Seems a little quiet on prehistoric releases from PNSO....

I've noticed PNSO have been posting their animal figures on instagram. Hopefully this is an indication of a pause in releases, plus I haven't seen any news or reveals regarding new figures. If anything, I only expect two more museum line figures to be released for the rest of the year.

suspsy

I'm feeling rather PNSOed out. If there is nothing left until 2022, I will be perfectly happy with that!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Yeah I am fine with them focusing on other stuff for now. Save some stuff for next year.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: