News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

PNSO's artwork has always been quite lovely. I doubt these are figure related, but I know anyone on this forum would be delighted to have any of these released as a figure.

suspsy

Before I gush over the other images, let me just say how irritated I am that there's still not one of the rumoured Zhuchengtyrannus!  :-\
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

And having got that gripe out of the way, let me just say that the fact that we're getting a damn Helicoprion fills me with great joy.

But what is that first theropod? The head looks like a tyrannosaurid, but the three digit claws kills any possibility of that.

ceratopsian

Paleo-nerd on Facebook identifies them as "Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Helicoprion (?), Pachycephalosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Thalassodromeus" and "Torvosaurus" (obviously not in the order I put the posters).

Mattyonyx

Following the order of the post above: Torvosaurus, Allosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Stegosaurus, Helicoprion (?), Thalassodromeus

KeU

Awesome!
Fingers crossed it is really a Torvosaurus.

Just one thing, I hope that is not the final pose of the Allosaurus.
It would be a stability nightmare like the Giganotosaurus.

Mattyonyx

As further confirmation, here's the source for the Torvosaurus image.

Frome this article: https://usa.pnso.org/blog/conard-the-emtorvosaurusem-king-of-the-jurassic-period

And the Carcharodontosaurus, named Gamba.

ceratopsian

Well spotted avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx!

I would still be quite cautious as interpreting these posters as definite promises of models.

suspsy

Ah yes, Torvosaurus. How silly of me not to have seen that myself.

As for that Stegosaurus, I guess PNSO realized that their previous one was totally outshone by the Tuojiangosaurus and the Miragaia, even though it is a really nice toy in its own right.

Also, it strikes me as rather dishonest for PNSO to post all these images with no intention of making them into toys eventually.

KeU

Great job pulling from past PNSO posts Matt. Thanks.
At least we know those 2 are really Torvosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus.
Just have no idea if they are really going to be figures or in a new book.
I think at least the Pachy will be in figure form.

PNSO does more than figures right?
They have some publishing works too.
Not everything they reveal have to be in figure form.

Bread

I guess my assumption was right after all. PNSO removed their previous  Stegosaurus off their amazon store a while ago, which led me to believe a new one will be coming soon.

These are just posters, one could only hope for these to be made into figures. I am just waiting for their Allosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Zhuchengtyrannus at this point.

The Helicoprion will be my first prehistoric marine figure, if it really is indeed Helicoprion.
The rest of these in the posters do interest me, but I realize my wallet is going to be the real decider.

Quote from: KeU on February 11, 2021, 01:27:10 PM
Awesome!
Fingers crossed it is really a Torvosaurus.

Just one thing, I hope that is not the final pose of the Allosaurus.
It would be a stability nightmare like the Giganotosaurus.
I assume these won't have bases, and they will have the clear plastic stand.

Quote from: suspsy on February 11, 2021, 11:42:56 AM
Before I gush over the other images, let me just say how irritated I am that there's still not one of the rumoured Zhuchengtyrannus!  :-\
You are not alone. We received a black silhouette of the Zhuchengtyrannus way before the teasers of a new Tyrannosaurus (Wilson) was on the way. I really hope this is not forgotten or tossed to the side....

Shonisaurus

Amazing! A thalassodromeus I sincerely like the PNSO brand among the unveiled animals the ones I most desire are the most exotic or rarest in the collection, at least the rarest figures in my collection. I am interested in and I like all those named but especially the thalassodromeus sethi since it was discovered many years ago twenty years, my father communicated such pleasant news to me that it was like a guardian angel, I have always been obsessed with that rare pterosaur and I am in love with him I can say the same about three other pterosaurs that are my favorites, the ludodacylus, dsungaripterus and ptedodaustro.

Another interesting figure is the carcharodontosaurus has gone from being a nobody in the toy dinosaur market to being widely represented by brands such as Safari (beautiful sculpture), Collecta (for me one of the most beautiful figures, GR toys and now I hope PNSO that he is as desired by me as his counterparts tyrannosaurus rex, carnotaurus and qianzhousaurus hopefully he has no problem standing up.

Another desired figure among that group, highly desired is the torvosaurus. I have the beautiful representation of Collecta, but in my case I want another figure with the same characteristics and even superior in its paelo-artistic, sculptural and painted invoice. The torvosaurus is one of my favorite theropods, apart from being a theropod that fortunately inhabited the European continent in particular in my neighboring nation Portugal apart from the USA.

On the other hand, I love dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals alike, and sincerely a helicoprion is a magnificent figure. I would like to see more extinct fish from each zoological age. Extinct fish need much more love from collectible brands (resin animals) and especially from toy dinosaur brands.

What I fear is that perhaps all these figures are only made of resin, the prices would be exorbitant and what is worse, it means buying some showcase shelves to protect them from falls, which would mean that I could not buy them.

Another thing I'm afraid of is that they are vinyl. The material is more resistant, it is more resistant to falls as it is a less noble material but in this case the PNSO vinyl figures are spectacularly large as happens with the ceratosaruus Nick in this case for practical reasons and space I would not buy it either .

I pass over the other fabulous dinosaurs, yes, for example the pachycephalosaurus, which is one of the most hackneyed in this case that interests me the most, but since they are overrepresented in my large shelves, I would honestly prefer to ignore it for reasons of space and money. I suppose that a stegosaurus and an allosaurus would be spectacular but in my case they are less interesting figures for my collection.

Stegotyranno420

Oh my god, I'd never thought I'd get a dream team of figures. Torvpsaurus, Allosaurus,Stegosaurus and Carcharodontsaurus. Might actually buy one or 2

Mattyonyx

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 11, 2021, 01:40:21 PM
Well spotted avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx!

I would still be quite cautious as interpreting these posters as definite promises of models.

Exactly, even though Allosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus have been teased last year, that doesn't mean they will look like this.

SenSx

Still no Parasaurolophus also teased last year :(
A widely represented figure for sure, and yet none satisfies me.
With how beautiful their Coryothosaurus and Lambeosaurus look, can't wait to see the results on that iconic dinosaur.

Happy for the Pachycephalosaurus if it gets released, I wonder what size/scale they'll give it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I love how reading through the posts it goes from " Here are some possible teaser images " to "OMG! We're getting this! " .  Even with proper warnings hopes are raised.. lol

Dinoguy2

Quote from: suspsy on February 11, 2021, 01:53:53 PM
Ah yes, Torvosaurus. How silly of me not to have seen that myself.

As for that Stegosaurus, I guess PNSO realized that their previous one was totally outshone by the Tuojiangosaurus and the Miragaia, even though it is a really nice toy in its own right.

Also, it strikes me as rather dishonest for PNSO to post all these images with no intention of making them into toys eventually.

PNSO seems like more of an art studio, that has branched out into toys. I wouldn't assume most of their art is necessarily related to the toy line. But fingers crossed...
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

KeU

Bread

I would love a Yutyrannus from PNSO. Seeing more of these images really makes me excited for March.
Could we even expect figures being fully revealed by next week?

SRF

Now these really look like they potentially are going to be converted into models!

Since I've only purchased the Tyrannosaurus, Qianzhousaurus and Carnotaurus from PNSO's latest line up until now, it surely looks like I'm going to focus on collecting all of their theropods from now on. :)
But today, I'm just being father

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: