News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

When I see the beauty of that Carcharodontosaurus with its proportionate scales, "normal" teeth ... and what they did with their new Wilson ...   ??? Of course I will be buying the Carcharodontosaurus (never thought of buying Wilson). Sorry, Collecta, your figure has been dethroned.

Stegotyranno420

is there any more info about this. I have a bad feeling they are gonna try some annoying marketing scheme to make it near impossible and super expensive to get

ceratopsian

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur have promised a blog tomorrow morning (UK time) to explain what is happening.  It sounds like the pictures were leaked early but we shall know more tomorrow.

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 18, 2021, 03:55:25 PM
is there any more info about this. I have a bad feeling they are gonna try some annoying marketing scheme to make it near impossible and super expensive to get

sauroid

do you guys think this will be the same price as winter wilson?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Stegotyranno420

i hope not, im super worried they are just gonna use this figure as a way to suck money much more efficently

SRF

Quote from: sauroid on March 18, 2021, 04:02:53 PM

There is some info on the price of the Carcharodontosaurus compared to Wilson in China already in this topic. Apparantely the Carcharodontosaurus is much cheaper there.

Also, unlike Wilson the Carcharodontosaurus isn't released in the Museum line of PNSO, which tends to be much more expensive.
But today, I'm just being father

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 18, 2021, 04:10:07 PM
i hope not, im super worried they are just gonna use this figure as a way to suck money much more efficently

I would expect it to be in the Spinosaurus price range. Similar size and part of the same product line.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

sauroid

Quote from: SRF on March 18, 2021, 04:13:36 PM

There is some info on the price of the Carcharodontosaurus compared to Wilson in China already in this topic. Apparantely the Carcharodontosaurus is much cheaper there.

Also, unlike Wilson the Carcharodontosaurus isn't released in the Museum line of PNSO, which tends to be much more expensive.
i guess the best case scenario would be the same price as the Qianzhousaurus, Spinosaurus and Carnotaurus (around $30-ish)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SRF

Quote from: sauroid on March 18, 2021, 04:34:51 PM
Quote from: SRF on March 18, 2021, 04:13:36 PM

i guess the best case scenario would be the same price as the Qianzhousaurus, Spinosaurus and Carnotaurus (around $30-ish)

When I look at the online store on AliExpress where I've purchased some PNSO models, the Parasaurolophus is a little bit higher priced than the Spino, Carno and Qianzhousaurus. I guess the Carcharodontosaurus will be a bit more expensive than those models, since it has an articulated jaw and is of about the same size as the Para.

All models mentioned are around 30 euros depending if you buy them with or without the box, so my guess would be that the Carchar will be around 35-40 euros. Which is still a lot less than the 55 to 60 euros Wilson is sold at.

Remko

Quote from: Duna on March 18, 2021, 03:32:42 PM
When I see the beauty of that Carcharodontosaurus with its proportionate scales, "normal" teeth ... and what they did with their new Wilson ...   ??? Of course I will be buying the Carcharodontosaurus (never thought of buying Wilson). Sorry, Collecta, your figure has been dethroned.

The Collecta Carcharodontosaurus was a horrible figure to being with. One of my biggest regrets to ever buying...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Remko on March 18, 2021, 04:51:56 PM

The Collecta Carcharodontosaurus was a horrible figure to being with. One of my biggest regrets to ever buying...

Idk, considering what was available on the market at the time it was overall an ok figure, but those hips...

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 18, 2021, 04:56:47 PM

Idk, considering what was available on the market at the time it was overall an ok figure, but those hips...

yeah, I agree. I like the head sculpt of that figure, and as if there was any other options way back then ;D

Love this new PNSO, looks really amazing!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The hips of the CollectA Carcharodontosaurus never bothered me, I assumed it was meant to be a gestating female, the face bothered me though, that's why I swapped it for the smaller Safari. The PNSO is definitely the best all round.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 18, 2021, 06:25:14 PM
The hips of the CollectA Carcharodontosaurus never bothered me, I assumed it was meant to be a gestating female, the face bothered me though, that's why I swapped it for the smaller Safari. The PNSO is definitely the best all round.

I'm not sure even if it were a gravid female it would affect the hip width.  The head was a bit thin but otherwise a perfectly acceptable version and the color was nice.  This new PNSO is definitely the best newer model though would it strictly be called a "toy"?

Duna

Yes, I regret buying it, too. It looked nice in the picture, but those hips ....

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 18, 2021, 04:01:36 PM
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur have promised a blog tomorrow morning (UK time) to explain what is happening.  It sounds like the pictures were leaked early but we shall know more tomorrow.

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 18, 2021, 03:55:25 PM

We can assure fans of the PNSO range and those particularly interested in Gamba the Carcharodontosaurus that at Everything Dinosaur we will be doing all we can to ensure there are plenty of these models available.  As for pricing we will not be able to publish a price until the shipping costs, customs, tariffs and such like have all been sorted but as our long history of selling PNSO demonstrates we do not make these models "super expensive" we do all we can to ensure that our prices are reasonable and fair.

True to our word, here is the blog post with the pictures of the figure that we received from PNSO.  Our blog post provides more information on the figure, its availability and we discuss the scale.  Blog went live at 08.00 GMT today as we promised: http://bit.ly/3tzHQY7

SidB

Hmmm, the 1/40 puts it a bit on the smaller size compared to the 1/35 and larger big theropod figures in the PNSO  inventory, but that's okay, it can be a subadult.

Remko

Quote from: SidB on March 19, 2021, 11:24:18 AM
Hmmm, the 1/40 puts it a bit on the smaller size compared to the 1/35 and larger big theropod figures in the PNSO  inventory, but that's okay, it can be a subadult.

It coule be a subadult or a C. iguidensis. 😉

SRF

Aren't estimates of Charcadontosaurus (and Giganotosaurus for that matter) being 13 meters long highly exaggerated? I thought the holotype of Carcharodontosaurus was around 11 meters, the neotype was around 12?

Based on the length of 33 cm this model would be closer to 1/35th than to 1/40th scale.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: SRF on March 19, 2021, 11:56:30 AM

Aren't estimates of Charcadontosaurus (and Giganotosaurus for that matter) being 13 meters long highly exaggerated?

Yes. These things all converged around ~12m. Anything more or less than that is way too specific for such fragmentary remains. The real test will be measuring the head and comparing to to modern skull reconstructions. But PNSO gave 33cm along the curves, which would be exactly 1/35 given a reasonable estimate of 12m for C. saharicus. Anybody who quibbles over 3ft of tail length for an animal in which most proportions are unknown is nuts.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: