News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Well, what's for next week? Is Wyatt the last one for 2020-2021

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: KeU on March 12, 2021, 09:48:14 PM
I suppose that is the Lambeosaurinae trio done for PNSO.

I wonder if they will be doing a trio for Saurolophinae.
A Saurolophus would be nice.

These three go so well together. And yes to Saurolophus! More Hadros, more! ;D

Baryonyx

PNSO Cacharodontosaurus!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMg9N0IlMmt/

Sorry I've just given the link to House of the dinosaur account on instagram, I'm sure there'll be more pictures soon!

Flaffy

The rest of the product promo-shots:
Spoiler

[close]

The "story" that led up to this figure's production (simplified chinese):
Spoiler

[close]

suspsy

Why the need for spoiler space? Anyway, that Carcharo looks very impressive! Definitely outshines both the CollectA and Safari versions!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SRF

That Carcharodontosaurus looks really good! I guess this also means that there's a chance that we will see the other dinosaurs that PNSO teased alongside the Carchar as figures as well.

It seems not to big as well. I'm curious to what that means for it's price tag...
But today, I'm just being father

sauroid

i really hope this is one of the mid size range. so impressive as usual for PNSO.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Baryonyx

The scalation looks really good, PNSO seem to have at last applied the style of scales seen on the hadrosaur models to a theropod!

PrimevalRaptor

Oh damn, that is one amazing Carcharodontosaurus! Compared to Giganotosaurus we don't have that many versions of this guy and this one may really take the cake (even if I still got a soft spot for the old crouching Safari one)
The blended stripes are really nice and I love the bulk especially around the neck area!

Faelrin

There's a pic of the box here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMg9N0IlMmt/?igshid=23a63i8kou7p

I feel like this is on par with their new Spinosaurus and a step up from their previous three theropods, especially in terms of scale sizing. Even with the lack of lips this just comes across as so lifelike to me. It looks like it pairs well with their Spinosaurus as well, give or take scale discrepancy.

I'm also going to be curious about the price point and how this will compare with the lovely GT Toys versions. Finally Carcharodontosaurus getting some love (and from three companies so far this year). I guess this is another I can cross off my huge wishlist in that one thread.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Faelrin on March 17, 2021, 12:17:45 PM
Finally Carcharodontosaurus getting some love (and from three companies so far this year).

Right, it's like the Carcharodontosaurus renaissance.

For me, the scale and relative price might push me to skip the PNSO and invest in the GR Toys version, but it depends on what said scale and price end up being.

sauroid

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy is that going to be the bronze Sinosauropteryx?
and ED said et al, meaning there are other figures aside from the Para, Carcha and Sino
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

This is easily the best theropod PNSO has done. If only the Tyrannosaurus, Qianzhousaurus and Carnotaurus had this level of care and attention put into the skin texture. Definitely superior to the oddly short-necked Dino Hazard Carcharodontosaurus. I personally prefer this sculpt over the GR Toys one as well.

Quote from: suspsy on March 17, 2021, 10:46:32 AM
Why the need for spoiler space? Anyway, that Carcharo looks very impressive! Definitely outshines both the CollectA and Safari versions!
avatar_suspsy @suspsy Didn't want to flood the forum with a wall of images, especially since the pics are vertically oriented.

Quote from: Eocarcharia on March 17, 2021, 01:03:22 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on March 17, 2021, 12:17:45 PM
Finally Carcharodontosaurus getting some love (and from three companies so far this year).

Right, it's like the Carcharodontosaurus renaissance.

For me, the scale and relative price might push me to skip the PNSO and invest in the GR Toys version, but it depends on what said scale and price end up being.

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia PNSO's numbers for Carcharodontosaurus place it at ~11-12m. So given the figure's dimensions of: 29.1 cm x 10.3 cm x 9.5 cm (~33 cm accounting for curvature), it should place the figure at a comfortable 1:35 scale, assuming my maths aren't wildly incorrect.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin The regular retail price for the figure is RMB169. For comparison, Winter Wilson was sold at RMB299.
Not sure how that would translate to an overseas selling price, as the MSRP often marked up for overseas online retailers, but there you go.

Bread

Really liking that Carcharodontosaurus! However, this may push me to hold off on this one as Everything Dinosaur has said "et al" which makes me believe there is more on the way. I am worried for my wallet.....

Flaffy

Quote from: sauroid on March 17, 2021, 01:11:34 PM
and ED said et al, meaning there are other figures aside from the Para, Carcha and Sino

Not sure. Could be the bronze one, but it could also be a regular figure. Considering how the Carcharodontosaurus is number 50, and the Parasaurolophus is number 44, meaning 5 more mystery figures to go. (for this wave at least.)

And as the bronze Sinosauropteryx is limited to 300 copies only, not sure how many PNSO plans to release to overseas sellers, if they even have plans in the first place.

Bread

Quote from: Flaffy on March 17, 2021, 01:21:02 PM

Not sure. Could be the bronze one, but it could also be a regular figure. Considering how the Carcharodontosaurus is number 50, and the Parasaurolophus is number 44, meaning 5 more mystery figures to go. (for this wave at least.)

And as the bronze Sinosauropteryx is limited to 300 copies only, not sure how many PNSO plans to release to overseas sellers, if they even have plans in the first place.
Do you think the art revealed a few weeks ago may be the other soon to be released/revealed figures? The Carcharodontosaurus is one of the genuses that received artwork.

sauroid

thanks for the info.
*be brave and strong my wallet/cc*

Flaffy

Quote from: Bread on March 17, 2021, 01:22:52 PM

Do you think the art revealed a few weeks ago may be the other soon to be released/revealed figures? The Carcharodontosaurus is one of the genuses that received artwork.

Possibly? You really never know with PNSO. ;D

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm pretty sure he means the bronze one, since its replied to me I will ask anyway
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: