News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Comparing the GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus, in terms of price, is about $52 without the box and $60 with the box. In my opinion, I could see this one go for $70+ with the comparison in mind with Wilson's price. Using Aliexpress as a price source, since they are one of the few cheapest places to acquire certain figures from.

Edit: Sadly if this assumption of mine is true, I'll skip it as I am happy with Safari's still and I will wait for PNSO's other releases.

Gwangi

I dare say that this Carcharodontosaurus is PNSO's best theropod to date. The teeth and scales look much better than on the other theropods. I might get this one, depending on the price.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks great!  Yeah it's comparable to the GR Toys one but we still haven't seen completed in hand pics of that figure and I'm concerned over the paint job.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Flaffy on March 17, 2021, 01:14:32 PM
PNSO's numbers for Carcharodontosaurus place it at ~11-12m. So given the figure's dimensions of: 29.1 cm x 10.3 cm x 9.5 cm (~33 cm accounting for curvature), it should place the figure at a comfortable 1:35 scale, assuming my maths aren't wildly incorrect.

That's bigger than I thought based on the picture with it next to the Spinosaurus. This increases the chances of me getting it.

Stegotyranno420

There are no words describing how much i love this thing.

avatar_Bread @Bread where did you get the price for the Gr Carch?

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 17, 2021, 03:26:15 PM
There are no words describing how much i love this thing.

avatar_Bread @Bread where did you get the price for the Gr Carch?
Aliexpress, Model Toy Center has it listed for pre-sales.

Carnoking

Look at that! Subtle scale work and all. I'm glad I held off on the GR Toys offering cuz this looks amazing. I don't have a carchar in my collection yet, so this is very good news!

SRF

Quote from: Bread on March 17, 2021, 02:17:25 PM
Comparing the GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus, in terms of price, is about $52 without the box and $60 with the box. In my opinion, I could see this one go for $70+ with the comparison in mind with Wilson's price. Using Aliexpress as a price source, since they are one of the few cheapest places to acquire certain figures from.

Edit: Sadly if this assumption of mine is true, I'll skip it as I am happy with Safari's still and I will wait for PNSO's other releases.

I wouldn't expect the Carcharodontosaurus to be the same price as Wilson. Not only is Wilson bigger, it's also from PNSO's Museum line, which tends to be more expensive than the Prehistoric Animals Models line.

That being said, I don't expect the Carcharodontosaurus to be cheap of course. 
But today, I'm just being father

Flaffy

Quote from: SRF on March 17, 2021, 05:20:05 PM
Quote from: Bread on March 17, 2021, 02:17:25 PM

I wouldn't expect the Carcharodontosaurus to be the same price as Wilson. Not only is Wilson bigger, it's also from PNSO's Museum line, which tends to be more expensive than the Prehistoric Animals Models line.

That being said, I don't expect the Carcharodontosaurus to be cheap of course.

avatar_Bread @Bread Yeah, Wilson's already at $69.99 on Amazon. Given the lower MSRP of the Carcharodontosaurus in China, I don't expect the price to match or exceed Wilson overseas.

Bread

My bad then, I assumed this was part of the museum line. Maybe I will in fact purchase it, but who knows since I really am waiting on PNSO's Allosaurus and Zhuchengtyrannus as for therapods.

Faelrin

I hope that mystery large Sinosauropteryx is another regular model. I would love a large one like their recent Microraptor. Also I forgot to add this to my other post but I sincerely hope if they do an Allosaurus (and Acrocanthosaurus for that matter), like was teased, they do it like this one (or the Spinosaurus) with the smaller scale texture.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Thanks for information about the scale and price. I'm guessing this can't be much more then their Parasaurolophus. Definitely won't be Wilson's price short of scalping happening. Now the wait until this is ready to order over here.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Same here honestly.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Callophrys

I really like the look of that Carcharodontosaurus! That said, it will be interesting to see how the production figures compare with those promo pics. I'm certain that the teeth won't be as cleanly sculpted or painted as in the promo; this was the case with both the Qianzhousaurus and the Winter Wilson figures, which was disappointing considering how well they are done on the Nanmu Giganotosaurus, which isn't much more expensive than Winter Wilson (and is a much larger figure).

I've pre-ordered the GR Carchara from AliExpress, so I may wait to see in-hand pics before I decide whether or not to get the PNSO one too.

Stegotyranno420

When this gets to Amazon, will it be prime, some of their figures are prime, some arent

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 18, 2021, 04:00:38 AM
When this gets to Amazon, will it be prime, some of their figures are prime, some arent
None of their initial releases are prime until a few months later. I couldn't tell you when exactly it would be classified as prime item, time will tell and hopefully as vaccines continue to roll out it will improve shipping time for items.

Stegotyranno420

Thanks, how long do these guys stay on the market?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I mentioned this a bit back, some different ones were Prime last month, this month some different ones are.  My guess is they have a warehouse or distributor or sorts in the U.S. that gets stock in from time to time and they update to Prime.  I've been on a bit of a PNSO binge recently thanks to so many being in stock. I received most in just a few days.   Received Sede the Ankylosaurus today...what on earth happened to the paint on this piece I'd love to know..

SRF

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 18, 2021, 05:06:35 AM

I mentioned this a bit back, some different ones were Prime last month, this month some different ones are.  My guess is they have a warehouse or distributor or sorts in the U.S. that gets stock in from time to time and they update to Prime.  I've been on a bit of a PNSO binge recently thanks to so many being in stock. I received most in just a few days.   Received Sede the Ankylosaurus today...what on earth happened to the paint on this piece I'd love to know..

I've purchased Sede as well at the beginning of this year and had the same issue. I've discussed it at the general PNSO topic
Here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.msg281525#msg281525 and here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.msg282202#msg282202

Apparantely PNSO switched factories, which had an impact on the paintjob of Sede. I wasn't happy with it either.

Back on topic: I really feel PNSO is going for our wallets this year. Besides the Parasaurolophus they already teased a Torosaurus and if I'm not mistaken, an Edmontonia should also still be on its way. They teased a Zuchengtyrannus and probably some other species that I've missed. Then there was all this poster art and skeletal diagrams that included the Carcharodontosaurus, meaning that there is a chance we'll be getting species like Yutyrannus, Pachycephalosaurus, Torvosaurus and others as well. And then they returned with those skeletal diagrams, but this time of multiple sauropods.  :o

I'm just glad I'm not a completionist!
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

That carcharodontosaurus is the best theropod made to date. Sorry Collecta and even GR Toys is the best figure for me will make a good match with its Safari counterpart.

What I would like to know how its real size will be and when it can be bought and especially its price. Honestly it will be an impressively expensive price like his PNSO tyrannosaurus this year for example but he is a great figure, honestly many DTF members with the new PNSO figures of this year including that carcharodontosaurus are going to see their wallets diminish.

PNSO, GR Toys, Eofauna, Nanmu, W-Dragon, Beast of the Mesozoic, Rebor, Wild Past among other new brands suppose ambitious and expensive expenses but these figures deserve these investments of money. Honestly, in my case, I am going to spend every month playing the Euromillion or the national lottery to buy a new house and buy all the novelties mentioned and all the vintage figures.

Purchasing all PNSO figures, including the carcharodontosaurus, requires considerable sums of money. I celebrate that the carcharodontosaurus is going from being a "nobody" to being a valued theropod like tyrannosaurus rex, spinosaurus or giganotosaurus.

Fembrogon

That shark-tooth is certainly lovely-looking, but I, too, worry what price it will be. I love my Spino, but that figure wasn't exactly cheap; and with the Para fetching an even higher price already, that doesn't bode well.

Volgadraco

https://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras/posts/3015406738687242 Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer than usual for the model. Wonder if they'll use Kickstarter or any other popular crowdfunding platform for their campaign.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: