News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre

I asked Model Toy Center on AliExpress when they expected to have it for sale and they replied "June"  :(

Mattyonyx

By the way, the Bronze Sinosauropteryx is now up for pre-sale on Amazon.com

https://amzn.to/3vK0qi8

SidB

Quote from: Bread on March 20, 2021, 02:47:31 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on March 19, 2021, 08:57:37 PM
This Carcharodontosaurus is excellent, but is all the hate the CollectA version is receiving now necessary?  :-\ Do you all remember that figure that's receiving all this bashing was voted by this very forum's members as the best dinosaur figure of 2014? Don't remember?
Welcome to the Dinosaur Toy Forum! *sarcasm*
Yeah, I thought it was great, besides the wide hips. Their Acrocanthosaurus had the same problem, but again it was whatever, and was good for its time. I never understand the constant bashing of a figure when it has been said before in multiple threads. I know you can not make anyone like a figure, but why continue to bash it while there are others who do like it? Oh well....

I'd love to see more comparison photos of this Carcharodontosaurus. I am looking forward to photos of it along side Wilson! I have also been keeping an eye out for it to appear on Amazon.
I look at it this way: the DTF is a cross-section of humanity. As in real life, where I make daily decisions where to go and what to do, so here. Over time, I've learned whom to attend to and whom to be wary of, because of unnecessary negativity. It makes the DTF experience a whole lot more manageable, enjoyable and helps prevent cynicism and disillusionment, while at the same time being open to actual science, the legitimate boundaries of interpretation and all the while preserving a sense of delight and wonder. I don't want to lose that... otherwise, what's the point?

Baryonyx

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

A PNSO version of Velociraptor mongoliensis  according to latest scientific interpretation of the species is indispensable.

Concavenator

All these new PNSO releases are wonderful, but granted, I can't have everything. In the mean time, I'm like: "Call me back when the Yutyrannus appears".

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Is the species of Parasaurolophus modeled by PNSO is P.walkeri?

sauroid

i am both dreading (because of eventual expenses lol) and delighted/excited for the figures that PNSO will release this year. imagine all those awesome vividly created figures that we've never experienced before in this hobby.

S @SidB i agree with you. i have conditioned myself to just bypass or ignore the certain toxic/negative ones in the forum and just enjoy my stay and browsing experience that ive been enjoiyng for the past 10+ years.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Stegotyranno420

S @SidB that's some great advice, thanks very much

PhilSauria

While I am very impressed with each new PNSO release, I am feeling frustrated at not being able to afford to keep up with them, initially disappointed that my local source in this country while listing the new Dinosaurs, has them at such a high price for some reason, many of them nearly twice the price as the Ali Express listings! Makes it hard to try and support a local business when it would send you broke doing so.

S @SidB, good advice in regard to coping with the various types of post on the Forum, all of the criticism was beginning to wear me down and sucking the enjoyment out of collecting, and then we had that spate of drama late last year, all of which had me stepping away for a while and considering another hobby / interest for my focus.

In any case as I lost my job a week ago due to the pandemic causing my employers to downsize all I'll be collecting for the forseeable is unemployment benefits!

SRF

Lanatime shop has posted an Instagram post on the Carcharodontosaurus. The price will be $42,99 which means it will be indeed much cheaper than Wilson. I think it's even the same as the price of the Parasaurolophus. To me that's good news.  ^-^
But today, I'm just being father

Carnoking

Dan's currently has a super sweet pre-order special going for 32.99, which seems a steal.

Halichoeres

So this Parasaurolophus is beautiful, but I do wish they hadn't replicated the injuries to the holotype. Not that I'm necessarily against figures with injuries, but this one is of the type that if you don't know that particular story, you could easily mistake it as being what the animal ought to have looked like. Plenty of art, including the Papo figures, for example, seems to suggest that people have mistaken that notch in the vertebral column as the standard condition for Parasaurolophus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on March 21, 2021, 04:15:23 AM
Dan's currently has a super sweet pre-order special going for 32.99, which seems a steal.
Maybe the special didn't last too long? When I went to pre-order five minutes ago, it came up as $39.99.

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 21, 2021, 05:50:25 PM
So this Parasaurolophus is beautiful, but I do wish they hadn't replicated the injuries to the holotype. Not that I'm necessarily against figures with injuries, but this one is of the type that if you don't know that particular story, you could easily mistake it as being what the animal ought to have looked like. Plenty of art, including the Papo figures, for example, seems to suggest that people have mistaken that notch in the vertebral column as the standard condition for Parasaurolophus.
Yes, I was surprised to notice that detail too, surprising because I'd assumed that the condition was common knowledge (guess not). More folk should read the DTB/DTF.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 21, 2021, 05:50:25 PM

The lack of scutes on that portion of the back may suggest the lesion described in the new paper.
Also, we all know the same bronze prototype leaked way before the paper, so it's plausible to think PNSO didn't have enough time to change the appearance of the figure before the mass-production. The skeletal on the promotional images shows a silhouette with a thicker neck, that's probably all they could do with so little time.

Sim

The injury in the PNSO Parasaurolophus is precisely why I'm not getting that figure.

Paleona

I'm a bit out of the loop on anatomy, but isn't the Parasaurolophus tail too high up in the air? I just thought there was a revision several years ago so its butt wouldn't be sticking up so high, haha

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Paleona on March 21, 2021, 10:45:50 PM
I'm a bit out of the loop on anatomy, but isn't the Parasaurolophus tail too high up in the air? I just thought there was a revision several years ago so its butt wouldn't be sticking up so high, haha

I'm not quite sure how there could be a revision to this - the tails were somewhat flexible, less so in hadrosaurs but still not stiff as a rod. There would be a lot of variation in pose. Or are you thinking of the angles between the spinal column and hips? There was a paper revising the posture of Hypselospinus that probably would apply to at least some other iguanodontians but I'm not sure how or if this would change the thinking about hadrosaur posture.

https://academic.oup.com/zoolinnean/article/173/1/92/2453080

https://twitter.com/mpmartyniuk/status/1279863030101180421
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Faelrin

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria  I am sorry to hear about your situation. I hope things improve for you. Also unfortunate is the price situation you are facing with these figures.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: