News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

avatar_SRF @SRF now I'm sure it's gonna be a massive sauropod or something.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 26, 2021, 06:13:19 PM
Yeah, you may well be right. I have held off on preordering the GR Toys version because of this announcement (although I may still choose it in the end).
the main reason I plan on getting the PNSO over the GR Toys is I can get it from Everything Dinosaur. The GR toys in hand photos would have to look a lot nicer than the PNSO for me to change my mind.

Most of the reveals have been on Saturday ish anyway, but they are really very sporadic.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 26, 2021, 07:51:04 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 26, 2021, 06:13:19 PM
Yeah, you may well be right. I have held off on preordering the GR Toys version because of this announcement (although I may still choose it in the end).
the main reason I plan on getting the PNSO over the GR Toys is I can get it from Everything Dinosaur. The GR toys in hand photos would have to look a lot nicer than the PNSO for me to change my mind.

That's a pretty reasonable tiebreaker.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

When will the PNSO carcharodontosaurus be available? I mean on Aliexpress or on Amazon and even on eBay, I am honestly interested in this figure much more than the two versions of GR Toys. I guess the purchase option is much cheaper.

SRF

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 27, 2021, 11:50:23 AM
When will the PNSO carcharodontosaurus be available? I mean on Aliexpress or on Amazon and even on eBay, I am honestly interested in this figure much more than the two versions of GR Toys. I guess the purchase option is much cheaper.

Probably June or July.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

So my Parasaurolophus arrived, about 17 days in total for shipping. Bought from Model Toy Center. Anyways, I really do love this beauty! I noticed that this figure has a slight material difference to it? Please correct me if I am wrong, but this figure's tail and limbs bend quite a bit compared to other past releases. Here some images, along with a comparison of their Corythosaurus limbs to the Para's.

Stegotyranno420

It really is kinda of cool how only the male one is thick and bulky, similar to modern animals that have crests

ceratopsian

We don't know it is male, at least not from palaeontological evidence.  The names given by PNSO are just like "Sophie" the Stegosaurus etc that are given as nicknames to fossils and which do not reflect the sex of the actual animal when it was alive.

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 27, 2021, 07:58:01 PM
It really is kinda of cool how only the male one is thick and bulky, similar to modern animals that have crests

SRF

Quote from: Carnoking on March 26, 2021, 07:19:44 PM
avatar_SRF @SRF now I'm sure it's gonna be a massive sauropod or something.

Well I guess the bronze statues count as weekly release as well. With the Thalassodromeus statue we've got one of those instead this week.

SRF

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 27, 2021, 08:28:14 PM
We don't know it is male, at least not from palaeontological evidence.  The names given by PNSO are just like "Sophie" the Stegosaurus etc that are given as nicknames to fossils and which do not reflect the sex of the actual animal when it was alive.

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 27, 2021, 07:58:01 PM

A lot of the names PNSO gives to their figures come from the stories they write for their books. So while their figures are based on actual specimens of which we don't know the sex, the names PNSO gives them do reflect the sex of the "character" they've created.

ceratopsian

True, but the animals' physical characteristics reflect the fossil material.

SidB

Quote from: SidB on March 21, 2021, 07:34:53 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 21, 2021, 05:50:25 PM
So this Parasaurolophus is beautiful, but I do wish they hadn't replicated the injuries to the holotype. Not that I'm necessarily against figures with injuries, but this one is of the type that if you don't know that particular story, you could easily mistake it as being what the animal ought to have looked like. Plenty of art, including the Papo figures, for example, seems to suggest that people have mistaken that notch in the vertebral column as the standard condition for Parasaurolophus.
Yes, I was surprised to notice that detail too, surprising because I'd assumed that the condition was common knowledge (guess not). More folk should read the DTB/DTF.
Then again, on second thought, perhaps the artist DID know about this unique injury and decided to replicate it as a flashback to the some of the older renditions, where the artists DIDN'T know about that . Just a thought.

Everything_Dinosaur

PNSO have made 15 1:6 scale bronze statues of the pterosaur Thalassodromeus.  Ten have already been sold in China.  We avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur have been offered a handful of these figures.  They weigh 7.75 kilos each, measure 22 cm x 25 cm x 43.5 cm and will cost $3,500 USD or £2,550.00 GBP delivered.

More details with pics on our blog post: Limited Edition PNSO Simon the Thalassodromeus

This is serious money for serious collectors but we at Everything Dinosaur have been given first refusal.  For the record, all 10 of the figures for China were sold in less than 10 minutes.  If interested, email: [email protected]

suspsy

That's truly hardcore collecting if I've ever seen it. But as long as you can afford it, props to you.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SRF

PNSO's newest release is a series of puzzle posters of 8 Tyrannosauroids. They now sell these on Amazon.

The series contains the following species:

001 Wilson the Tyrannosaurus rex
002 Yinqi the Yutyrannus
003 Meiguan the Guanlong
004 Beibei the Nanuqsaurus
005 Tristan the Gorgosaurus
006 Cole the Daspletosaurus
007 Yuqi the Dilong
008 Eden the Megarptor

Makes you wonder if they will make all of these into figures as well eventually :) but on the other hand Ashu the Qianzhousaurus isn't in this series. Nor a Zhuchengtyrannus...

suspsy

Really bites that Amazon isn't doing free shipping anymore. Those look nifty. I used to love dinosaur puzzles as a boy.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on March 31, 2021, 03:06:38 PM
Really bites that Amazon isn't doing free shipping anymore. Those look nifty. I used to love dinosaur puzzles as a boy.

You mean on everything? I pay for Prime and get free shipping, but I order so much it works out to barely any charge.

Shonisaurus

avatar_SRF @SRF Thank you, I'll take note, that carcharodontosaurus fascinates me.

I will sincerely be happy if those copper figures are sold, they must be majestic, I admire the person who can afford that pleasure and luxury, first because he must be a highly successful person in life by spending that amount and why fool me if If I had a nice sum of money, I would also dedicate myself to buying those figures. I am not a person like that fable of Aesop "about the fox and the grapes." support those who can afford such expenses. They must be established collectors. I would be very happy if it was a member of DTF who bought any of those beauties that are authentic crafts.

Hopefully everythingdinosaur sells all those figures.

Bread

Did these puzzle posters count as one of their weekly releases? I am really curious with PNSO's plan, especially if past teasers will be released soon.

SRF

Quote from: Bread on April 06, 2021, 10:41:55 PM
Did these puzzle posters count as one of their weekly releases? I am really curious with PNSO's plan, especially if past teasers will be released soon.

I'm not sure if weekly releases are still a thing for PNSO actually. If they are, then we'll probably see something new from them this week.

If like the Carcharodontosaurus their next figures will be available in the summer, we still have six figures to go (number 43 & 45-49). Meaning it shouldn't take long for PNSO to reveal them. I hope.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: