News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Quote from: Gwangi on April 26, 2021, 03:36:12 PM
I like the Allosaurus but I don't think I would call it the definitive Allosaurus and the competition with this genus is strong. We'll see what the price is, then I'll decide if I want it or not. Allosaurus is one of my favorite theropods but I already have a lot of them. I like what they're doing with the teeth and overall scalation though. It makes me feel like PNSO will undoubtedly release another T. rex at some point down the road with similar changes.

Can we get the first page of this thread updated with pictures of the announced releases?

Apparently Wilson was sculpted in 2019 during the T. Rex exhibition at the AMNH. I think al the sculpts we're getting now with the more refined skin texture are made after that. Since the old Wilson got three variants in total with different colour schemes, I wouldn't be surprised if this version of Wilson gets the same treatment. T. Rex is after all a real money maker for dinosaur companies and this is the most efficient way to do just that.

Also it could be that there are different sculptors working for PNSO under the supervision of Zhao Chuang, explaining why the detailing on some models isn't exactly the same style.
But today, I'm just being father

Patrx

I actually really like this one - but dang, I already have a decent assortment of Allosaurus!

Bread

Quote from: SRF on April 26, 2021, 04:12:03 PM
I like the Allosaurus but I don't think I would call it the definitive Allosaurus and the competition with this genus is strong. We'll see what the price is, then I'll decide if I want it or not. Allosaurus is one of my favorite theropods but I already have a lot of them. I like what they're doing with the teeth and overall scalation though. It makes me feel like PNSO will undoubtedly release another T. rex at some point down the road with similar changes.

Can we get the first page of this thread updated with pictures of the announced releases?

Apparently Wilson was sculpted in 2019 during the T. Rex exhibition at the AMNH. I think al the sculpts we're getting now with the more refined skin texture are made after that. Since the old Wilson got three variants in total with different colour schemes, I wouldn't be surprised if this version of Wilson gets the same treatment. T. Rex is after all a real money maker for dinosaur companies and this is the most efficient way to do just that.

Also it could be that there are different sculptors working for PNSO under the supervision of Zhao Chuang, explaining why the detailing on some models isn't exactly the same style.
You are probably right about the arrival of a different version of Wilson, yet again. However, I doubt it will receive any sculpt changes. The past Wilson's (1-3) did not receive much noticeable changes, maybe a slight change to the torso on the third version, but really PNSO maintained the same sculpt and only with a slight color scheme change. I love the new Wilson and I honestly would hate to receive another version as I would like PNSO to continue to push out different genus's. I would also rather receive a Zhuchengtyrannus than another Tyrannosaurus rex.

I am really excited for this Allosaurus as I am also glad I skipped on Safari's. My only nitpick is that I would rather wait for this one and receive the Yutyrannus now. I am so excited for the Yutyrannus!!!!!

John

*wrong thread*
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SRF

Quote from: Bread on April 26, 2021, 05:05:13 PM
Quote from: SRF on April 26, 2021, 04:12:03 PM

You are probably right about the arrival of a different version of Wilson, yet again. However, I doubt it will receive any sculpt changes. The past Wilson's (1-3) did not receive much noticeable changes, maybe a slight change to the torso on the third version, but really PNSO maintained the same sculpt and only with a slight color scheme change. I love the new Wilson and I honestly would hate to receive another version as I would like PNSO to continue to push out different genus's. I would also rather receive a Zhuchengtyrannus than another Tyrannosaurus rex.

I am really excited for this Allosaurus as I am also glad I skipped on Safari's. My only nitpick is that I would rather wait for this one and receive the Yutyrannus now. I am so excited for the Yutyrannus!!!!!

Completely agree on the Yutyrannus.  :)

About Wilson, I didn't take into account that the old version had a slight change in the sculpt in its last variant. Maybe that was necessary for the stability of the model since it didn't include a base. That off course doesn't apply on the new one. What I meant is that the new Wilson will probably get a repaint before we even get a new sculpt.

I completely agree with you that we don't need one either, the model is fantastic just like many other offerings from PNSO. And there are still a lot of other species that they can treat us with. :))

KeU

Review for Austin is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQdOrIY8Vc
Really liking this channel.
The creator puts in effort to do his research talking about the figure accuracies.
Him and Dino Scream are pretty much my 2 go-to's on Youtube now for PNSO reviews.
One for accuracy discussions, and the other for comparisons to other figures.

SenSx

Quote from: suspsy on April 26, 2021, 01:43:55 PM
I feel the same way about this Allosaurus as I do about the Parasaurolophus: it looks terrific and I'm happy for everyone who wants it, but I'm already happy with the ones I already own.

Same here, that PNSO Allosaurus is one of my favorite.
But I'm happy with my W-Dragon one, eventhough there might be some accuracy issues but I don't really care.
So I think I'll pass, if I have to buy another it will the the Papo that has been tempting me for quite some time, I love that figure (don't know about the accuracy either).

Concavenator

Can we actually confirm this new PNSO Allosaurus represents A.jimmadseni?
From a quick search comparing the skulls of A.fragilis, A.europaeus and A.jimmadseni, I'd say the one this one resembles more to is A.jimmadseni, but any confirmation?

I already have Safari's A.fragilis and Mesozoo's A.europaeus but I don't have any A.jimmadseni. This one looks very good, but despite Allosaurus being my all time favorite dinosaur I think I would rather welcome a new genus in my collection instead (the Yutyrannus, which is also one of my favorite dinosaurs).

P.S. Pachycephalosaurus, Yutyrannus, Allosaurus... right now PNSO is making every single one of my favorite dinosaurs in a row  :P What's next, Deinocheirus, a new Amargasaurus, a Megaraptor...  :P

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: KeU on April 26, 2021, 06:17:09 PM
Really liking this channel.
The creator puts in effort to do his research talking about the figure accuracies.
Him and Dino Scream are pretty much my 2 go-to's on Youtube now for PNSO reviews.
One for accuracy discussions, and the other for comparisons to other figures.

These are exactly my thoughts aswell and i use them in the same way (This sounds a bit wrong, haha). But we have a few great Figure Youtube People here in the Forum. Like avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking

I almost missed the new announced Allosaurus. A really (!) beautiful Figure, but i think i will have to pass on this for now. Even if it is not A. fragilis. We will see and it is, again and always, hard to tell from Pictures. At least for me to be sure.

I Like the Design, mouth area makes sense to me, regarding PNSOs way. Maybe their Idea is, that Coelurosaurids are closer to birds/less basal and therefore they evolved slowly away from more reptilian looking Softtissue and more towars Beaks. This is, of course, really simplyfied :D And just a thought on the Designchoices. This is also great, because this way we do not have Theropods, that almost look all the same from the jurassic up to late cretaceous... There is a lot of time.

Back to topic, sorry.

I would buy it, but i have to save up for the big Order around June of the Yutyrannus, which is my top priority. Plus finally the Parasauolophus and the Carcharodontosaurus.

Sarapaurolophus

I stop following this thread for a couple of days and come back to three new models being released  :o
I just caught up on my PNSO wishlist with the Parasaurolophus. Absolutely beautiful and looks just like on the boxart! I am thrilled!

That Pachycephalo looks sweet but I need to cool it on buying PNSOs for a while...

RobinGoodfellow

..just a note for all EU buyers:

After July 1 2021 all  items from outside EU will be signed as "imported goods" and be taxed (no matter what the value is).

It's a new law for all EU States:-\

Yesterday I received a mail from DHL about that...

Abobo

the colors are very similar for the carcharondontosaurus and the allosaurus.
I hoped for an allosaurus more colorfoul

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 27, 2021, 10:46:22 AM

After July 1 2021 all  items from outside EU will be signed as "imported goods" and be taxed (no matter what the value is).

OOF.

Thialfi

I am a bit confused - where does this apply to? Literally anything you order outside of the EU?

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Bread on April 23, 2021, 10:57:17 PM
Thought lips were still controversial? Otherwise I don't see an issue with a company, like PNSO, to continue to not include them. However, I do acknowledge that PNSO have a slight issue when it comes to going extreme with the no lips.

It is. In fact given what Andrea Cau has been posting lately I think we're going to see opinion shift back towards no lips for theropods. And maybe lips for ornithopods and ceratopsids  ;D
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

suspsy

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 27, 2021, 01:02:53 PM
Quote from: Bread on April 23, 2021, 10:57:17 PM
Thought lips were still controversial? Otherwise I don't see an issue with a company, like PNSO, to continue to not include them. However, I do acknowledge that PNSO have a slight issue when it comes to going extreme with the no lips.

It is. In fact given what Andrea Cau has been posting lately I think we're going to see opinion shift back towards no lips for theropods. And maybe lips for ornithopods and ceratopsids  ;D

I would like to see more palaeontologists give their input on Cau's program. It would be great if he formally published it. I'm all for blog posts as a source of information, but an actual paper would probably get the word out better, as well as invite any rebuttals.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

I too would like to see a peer reviewed paper on that matter, if not what other paleontologists and paleo artists think on this. I find it interesting it recovered lips on ornithischians like ceratopsians after how recent they were being considered to be cheek-less. I also find it curious for it to recover dromaeosaurids as lipless, but some theropods with lips (if I recall right, I need to read it again). Right now I don't particularly find lipless theropods as aesthetically pleasing as theropods with lips (no preference for ornithischians) so I'm going to need a lot of data to support otherwise.

Anyways on topic the Allosaurus might be ready as early as Wednesday according to a comment from PNSO on the instagram post. I'm very curious what the size and price on this one will be as well. And of course I want to see in hand samples first either through pics or video.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SenSx

Quote from: Thialfi on April 27, 2021, 12:56:16 PM

I am a bit confused - where does this apply to? Literally anything you order outside of the EU?

I'm concerned too.
Gonna have to pass my planned order in June.
On top of that, I'm afraid orders made before the 1st Jully but that arrived after will still get the taxes, they might make you pay on delivery.
I'm not sure, but I'll make sure everything arrives before.

SRF

That's no good news. Well I guess I have to pick up everything that I like from PNSO that is released before July right away.

Meaning that maybe I'll just pick up the Allosaurus this week after all.  :P

What amount of taxes will we have to pay after the 1st of July?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Para is now on Amazon with free Prime shipping for 42.99

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: