News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mesozoic Life Proyect Figures 2021

Started by Doctor Velociraptor, December 10, 2020, 01:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

Quote from: Concavenator on July 19, 2021, 07:33:55 PM
They have said that, given its the 1st wave, they will be selling it from their website. Kind of sucks for me, it would have been a lot easier for me getting it through Amazon. I hope it will be available through there as well at some point. Gorgeous figure!
I'm guessing there are some behind-the-scenes issues which prevented the figure from getting sold on Amazon right now; hopefully, sales go well enough to give the project better footing to expand for future releases.

Stegotyranno420

Well I guess they probably won't be on Amazon or will be very late.

lrnr21

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 22, 2021, 06:10:15 AM
Well I guess they probably won't be on Amazon or will be very late.
It'll be on their site.

Stegotyranno420

Yeah, but since my dad will be ordering, he usually only does Amazon prime products, so it's pretty impossible to get it.

Concavenator

Wanted to share this:

https://youtu.be/GCu1bRa7zm4

From tonight at 0:00 (spanish time), the Spinosaurus figure will be available for preorder at their site. Based on what they've said, as soon as the video starts, the figure will be available for purchase.

Carnoking

This is looking like the Spinosaurus. I would gladly get rid of the old PNSO offering and GR Toys spino if I can get my hands on this.

Abobo

Maritimer

As have I.

The site worked smoothly, but the Pharaoh won't arrive in the 'States for another 3-4 months, minimum.

Still . . . I'm excited to see that long blue-grey body and his sail like a blood-tinged sunrise among the dinosaurs on my desk!

~B.

Concavenator

But I'm a bit worried. They say they need to get 2000 orders in so they can start producing the figure...if they don't get to that quantity, everyone will be reimbursed and the figure won't exist  :(

Faelrin

Could folks help me out here?

When you go to pre-order do you get charged now? Or do you get charged when it is expected to ship out? Considering what I just paid for yesterday, I can't go about paying for this right now (52 euros, which is the combined price of the figure and the cheapest shipping option, is like roughly $61).

What is the difference between shipping options as well (I'm in the US)? Does the cheaper option have tracking or does only the more expensive one?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

lrnr21

Quote from: Faelrin on July 24, 2021, 12:12:27 AM
Could folks help me out here?

When you go to pre-order do you get charged now? Or do you get charged when it is expected to ship out? Considering what I just paid for yesterday, I can't go about paying for this right now (52 euros, which is the combined price of the figure and the cheapest shipping option, is like roughly $61).

What is the difference between shipping options as well (I'm in the US)? Does the cheaper option have tracking or does only the more expensive one?

You get charged as you order. From what I understood (as explained to me by the owner as well), is that the more expensive option is the only one that comes with tracking, and it'll have a faster shipping/processing time as well.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Concavenator on July 23, 2021, 11:32:40 PM
But I'm a bit worried. They say they need to get 2000 orders in so they can start producing the figure...if they don't get to that quantity, everyone will be reimbursed and the figure won't exist  :(

Yeah, I'm concerned about that, too. They say they need to sell 1,500 to 2,000 units within a month on their website, but that's a big number for a company that doesn't have previous figure-making experience. For comparison, the BotM Ceratopsians line had 1,640 backers at the end of the month-long Kickstarter campaign, and David Silva had already had a previous successful Kickstarter, people were familiar with his work on McFarlane and Hasbro toys, and he did a ton of promotion during the months leading up to it. 

I think their Spinosaurus is gorgeous, but I'm worried they won't get enough attention to meet their goal.
Check out my customs thread!

Faelrin

@Irnr21 Thanks for the help. Shame that means I'll have to hold off for now.

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren Hold up, are they only doing the pre-order for a month then? Means I'll probably have to miss out unfortunately, since I can't afford this right now. Hopefully they can reach their target goal too, assuming the word gets out enough on social media.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dusty Wren

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, yeah, they set the cutoff date a month from now on their website:

QuoteThis product is in Pre-order, which means that it needs to reach a minimum of 1500 to 2000 units to be launched on the market. The Pre-order will last an approximate period of one month, if in that time the minimum necessary reservations is not reached, a full refund will be made to all customers.

But I'm not sure why. They're not using a site like Kickstarter that sets the funding period for them, so presumably they could take pre-orders as long as they want. Maybe they've got a contract with a manufacturer that they need to honor?
Check out my customs thread!

Carnoking

Honestly, I'm a little gun-shy to do pre-orders of this nature, especially after hearing about companies like Edel and stories about how Chronicle Collectibles folded before being able to fulfill pre-ordered items and so people just lost their money.

y09urt

Quote from: Carnoking on July 24, 2021, 10:24:23 PM
Honestly, I'm a little gun-shy to do pre-orders of this nature, especially after hearing about companies like Edel and stories about how Chronicle Collectibles folded before being able to fulfill pre-ordered items and so people just lost their money.

I feel much the same. I ended up pre-ordering through PayPal, because that way, if anything falls through and they fail to refund money, PayPal usually forces the refund to go through, least in my experience. That being said, I really hope that doesn't turn out to be the case, as this is the nicest Spinosaurus figure I have ever come across.

Fembrogon

Well, the above video has nearly 5k views and over 800 likes already, so hopefully that bodes well for preorders.

thedeadlymoose

For what it's worth: The person who runs the project (Blayken) is extraordinarily responsive to questions on the Patreon discord ($1 tier), in English or Spanish. And there's the protection of using Paypal for payment.

Comparing this to Edel's Patreon: The lowest tier doesn't even HAVE a benefit. There is no Discord, meaning no accountability to a discussion group (again, for what that's worth). The product buying is set up in a scammy way: to get any figure you have to switch your Patreon tier to $145 *per month*, and per my googling, they take months to ship figures even when they ship figures at all (and the figures tend to be wrong or broken or never show up). They say you can just downgrade after purchasing, but odds are you're gonna get people who forget to downgrade, and odds are that's the point (there are still 4 patrons for this project after a year and a half of no updates, after all!). And as far as I can Google, there was also a severe lack of communication even when they talked at all.

(Apologies if that's too off-topic for this thread, but that's the kind of comparison I did to try to figure out if this project was legit, with Edel and a couple other companies/artists.)

Either way, I'm hoping very much that this project comes through.

Doctor Velociraptor

Quote from: thedeadlymoose on July 25, 2021, 01:45:11 AM
For what it's worth: The person who runs the project (Blayken) is extraordinarily responsive to questions on the Patreon discord ($1 tier), in English or Spanish. And there's the protection of using Paypal for payment.

Comparing this to Edel's Patreon: The lowest tier doesn't even HAVE a benefit. There is no Discord, meaning no accountability to a discussion group (again, for what that's worth). The product buying is set up in a scammy way: to get any figure you have to switch your Patreon tier to $145 *per month*, and per my googling, they take months to ship figures even when they ship figures at all (and the figures tend to be wrong or broken or never show up). They say you can just downgrade after purchasing, but odds are you're gonna get people who forget to downgrade, and odds are that's the point (there are still 4 patrons for this project after a year and a half of no updates, after all!). And as far as I can Google, there was also a severe lack of communication even when they talked at all.

(Apologies if that's too off-topic for this thread, but that's the kind of comparison I did to try to figure out if this project was legit, with Edel and a couple other companies/artists.)

Either way, I'm hoping very much that this project comes through.

Hello collector friends! As you know, the pre-sale is already available, I am a friend of Blayken and official distributor in Chile

If you have a question write me, I will answer it as soon as possible! Thank you very much for your great support

JohannesB

Quote from: Carnoking on July 24, 2021, 10:24:23 PM

Why do you promote the pre-order on your YouTube channel then? (Not a criticism, genuinely curious.)

By the way, I put in a pre-order (and I hope I will get either a figure, or my money back ;-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: