News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2021

Started by Mattyonyx, December 22, 2020, 06:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

I think they might have scrapped it. Could be the first piece of Papo lost media.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Thialfi

Meh, that would make me sad. Would love a juvenile sabertooth.

SenSx

Oh no, my Rebor Smilodon needs its cub :(

Shonisaurus

It would be frustrating if Papo's cub smilodon were ultimately not commercialized. I was interested in that figure.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 19, 2021, 02:26:37 PM
It would be frustrating if Papo's cub smilodon were ultimately not commercialized. I was interested in that figure.
That toy would have been a candidate for tail-shortening, as that seemed to be an obvious defect in the design. Perhaps it will be issued later?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Papo did cancel their Anaconda last year; I think there might have been difficulties with it being bendy. I'd be surprised if the smilodon cub is also cancelled though, since it shouldn't have anything out of the ordinary to it like the anaconda was going to.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Ivántirrophus

Who knows where can i buy papo megalodon at a reasonable price? it's so hard to get it in México  :'(

teddybier

Found the smilodon cub in a Dutch internet store. I ordered it, might take a while with Christmas coming up, but I'll post it if it comes in.

SenSx

Quote from: teddybier on December 24, 2021, 10:26:42 AM
Found the smilodon cub in a Dutch internet store. I ordered it, might take a while with Christmas coming up, but I'll post it if it comes in.

Ok thanks !

I wonder if they have in fact produced a very low amount of this figure for some reason.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Ivántirrophus on December 23, 2021, 04:42:46 AM
Who knows where can i buy papo megalodon at a reasonable price? it's so hard to get it in México  :'(
Have you tried Dan's Dinosaurs?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: teddybier on December 24, 2021, 10:26:42 AM
Nice.

teddybier

Smilodon came in today. Very nice little figure, paint application is very good

SidB

Quote from: teddybier on December 28, 2021, 11:45:54 AM
Does the in-hand quality look like the stock picture in avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow 's post above?  That seems to indicate a superior paint application, from what i can see.

teddybier

Quote from: SidB on December 28, 2021, 02:58:06 PM
Does the in-hand quality look like the stock picture in avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow 's post above?  That seems to indicate a superior paint application, from what i can see.

It lacks the white shades around the belly and legs, but beside that it's the same. I should look up how to post pictures without photobucket..

SidB

Quote from: teddybier on December 30, 2021, 01:51:01 PM

It lacks the white shades around the belly and legs, but beside that it's the same. I should look up how to post pictures without photobucket..
Flickr plus the instructions on the relevant Forum thread should work for you.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: SidB on December 30, 2021, 02:07:35 PM
Quote from: teddybier on December 30, 2021, 01:51:01 PM

Flickr plus the instructions on the relevant Forum thread should work for you.
I just post them on my private discord, click copy link, and use the image tag

RobinGoodfellow

(iPad pictures with ambient light)

:)

Shonisaurus

It looks great from me. It's worth the wait.

SidB

Thanks, avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow , for these images - very thorough. The finish does seems rather more glossy than the original promotional picture; doesn't look like a consequence of the ambient lighting, I'd guess. Pretty good little sculpt overall, IMO.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: