News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2021

Started by Mattyonyx, December 22, 2020, 06:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 25, 2020, 08:02:12 PM
Like I said. I talked with some of the people that spoke to me of their 2020 line up before it was revealed and as far as they're concerned nothing is concrete until they have an official word from Papo about 2021. That being said Papo wants to give their current 2020 line up more time to run because of poor sales this year.
That makes sense
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Carnoking

I saw that comment after I posed mine, and that does make sense. Either way, my final point stands that I can live with a year without Papo.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 25, 2020, 07:57:23 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 25, 2020, 07:52:17 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on December 25, 2020, 07:01:38 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 24, 2020, 03:27:01 PM
This is really disappointing. The fact that PNSO and CollectA have managed to pull through so well makes me think that companies such as Papo and Safari are using Covid as an excuse to be lazy with their figures.
This is not funny, this reads pretty rude and tasteless.
That's Super messed up. It's not funny at all avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954

Please stop posting needless comments that just simply add fuel to whatever conversation is happening. This has happened many times over now with you in other topics. avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno

Moving on I heard there is still a possibility for something from Papo from a source of mine but I doubt it. Apparently Papo has felt like their current 2020 line up needs a bit more of a runtime given how late they were released and also because it's been a hard year for Papo. ED on Youtube did make a video discussing 2022 models so that should've been a dead giveaway.
Sorry, the original message was deleted so here's what I was gonna say:
What's wrong with me saying I agree. And when others do it it's no problem. And you are pretty much doing exactly what you think I'm doing.  Sorry, don't want to seem rude or anything, even though some will think I'm clearly am. Back on topic pleas

bmathison1972

This is really disappointing. The fact that PNSO and CollectA have managed to pull through so well makes me think that companies such as Papo and Safari are using Covid as an excuse to be lazy with their figures.

That's Super messed up. It's not funny at all avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954

I was initially offended by GojiraGuy1954's comment too, and actually flagged it for the moderators. I work in the medical field and to say a company is using the pandemic as an excuse for laziness is offensive. There are people who can't afford food or rent because of the pandemic, and we're squabbling over a couple extra animal figures? If you can afford to spend money on toy animals right now, your life is probably pretty good.

Stegotyranno420

B @bmathison1972 agreed.
Anyways, back on topic, so is there any news that papo actually have dinosaur figures in stock for 2021 year? What if they are doing a teaser

bmathison1972

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 25, 2020, 09:21:32 PM
B @bmathison1972 agreed.
Anyways, back on topic, so is there any news that papo actually have dinosaur figures in stock for 2021 year? What if they are doing a teaser

Well, as I mentioned earlier, their 2021 catalogue is out and there isn't anything else listed. I guess that doesn't mean they won't have some special issues/reissues though...

Libraraptor

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 25, 2020, 09:15:07 PM

I was initially offended by GojiraGuy1954's comment too, and actually flagged it for the moderators. I work in the medical field and to say a company is using the pandemic as an excuse for laziness is offensive. There are people who can't afford food or rent because of the pandemic, and we're squabbling over a couple extra animal figures? If you can afford to spend money on toy animals right now, your life is probably pretty good.

Agreed. Thanks for reporting!

Stegotyranno420

Deleted

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 25, 2020, 09:15:07 PM

That's fine and subtle to do so and more mature in how you handled it. The issue arises when someone decides needlessly pile on the already established criticism just extending it without anything constructive at the very least. I wouldn't go out of my way to say this usually but avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno is a repeat offense user here. Initially I was going to ignore it. Despite all this let's just put it behind us one last time.

Stegotyranno420

S @Syndicate Bias look here. So I can't agree with someone. What is the problem with you against me. I'm not good at communicating with others. I unintentionally always sound rude. I try to tell this with others. I try to befriend others. I'm starting to believe YOU are being the problem. Even though I see where you are coming from, I don't see what I'm doing wrong. Hopefully you can understand.

Bread

I did not see avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno do anything wrong. He simply replied with agreement. Then again, I am not an admin/moderator, but can we all get along here?

Anyways, what if Papo pull a PNSO on us? Releasing figures throughout the year does indeed excite people, as we have learned from PSNO doing this.

Edit: Someone did raise the question about possible future limited figures again, that's why I thought about Papo possibly releasing a few throughout the year.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on December 25, 2020, 10:08:36 PM
I did not see avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno doing anything wrong. He simply replied with agreement. Then again, I am not an admin/moderator, but can we all get along here?

Anyways, what if Papo pull a PNSO on us? Releasing figures throughout the year does indeed excite people, as we have learned from PSNO doing this.
As you wish my friend. On the topic of papo, I hope that's the case. So, what would you want from papo, if they were doing what PNSO did

P.S. I'm betting the next papo Dinosaur to get a remake will be the triceratops or stegosaurus

Bread

Honestly, just less JP inspired figures. More originality and less of the tripod poses, like the Giganotosaurus. I love their Ceratosaurus and Limited Edition Spinosaurus, haven't been able to purchase those yet, I have other priorities. But if they can produce anything like those in the future, I'll for sure buy them.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on December 25, 2020, 10:38:22 PM
Honestly, just less JP inspired figures. More originality and less of the tripod poses, like the Giganotosaurus. I love their Ceratosaurus and Limited Edition Spinosaurus, haven't been able to purchase those yet, I have other priorities. But if they can produce anything like those in the future, I'll for sure buy them.
Ever since I found out they were making a chilesaurus I had hope that they might had done something more obscure. I'm hoping for rajasaurus and a new stegosaurus and maybe a new large sauropod(maybe a hollow one so it's cheaper)

Flaffy

That being said Papo wants to give their current 2020 line up more time to run because of poor sales this year.
That's fair. IF Papo has something up their sleeve, I would certainly prefer if they did not rush releases. As some of their best figures can absolutely go toe to toe with PNSO's stronger offerings.
But if they really don't have anything for 2021, then it's also no big loss since half the models will probably be repaints; and the other half being lackluster new releases stuck in awful poses and washed-out paint apps.

That being said... Do we actually have concrete proof that Papo had poor sales as a whole this year? Any official word from Papo or representatives? Or is it just people making an educated guess?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Flaffy on December 26, 2020, 03:49:01 AM
That being said Papo wants to give their current 2020 line up more time to run because of poor sales this year.
That's fair. IF Papo has something up their sleeve, I would certainly prefer if they did not rush releases. As some of their best figures can absolutely go toe to toe with PNSO's stronger offerings.
But if they really don't have anything for 2021, then it's also no big loss since half the models will probably be repaints; and the other half being lackluster new releases stuck in awful poses and washed-out paint apps.

That being said... Do we actually have concrete proof that Papo had poor sales as a whole this year? Any official word from Papo or representatives? Or is it just people making an educated guess?
From what I have seen, educated guesses

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Flaffy on December 26, 2020, 03:49:01 AM

I just know what I know from what some of their own distributors but I'm not gonna say much past that.

Flaffy

Quote from: Acro's comics on December 28, 2020, 10:57:19 PM
www.facebook.com/paladinosmexico/photos/pcb.3757192620968023/3757192577634694

Why is this here? Isn't that a fan-edit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dsrXCOp3GQ&ab_channel=ArtworkbyAramPapazyan

Acro's comics

Quote from: Acro's comics on December 28, 2020, 10:57:19 PM
www.facebook.com/paladinosmexico/photos/pcb.3757192620968023/3757192577634694

I posted this because it is a tease from one of Papo's retailers who are well known for dropping spoilers in recent years. In the post it teases 'a' running variant of the Giganotosaurus, neither they or I stated that the fan edit was an official image.

The likely use of the image is as a stand in due to contractual obligations between Paladino's and Papo and the release of any official images.

It could very well just be a practical joke.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: