News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

I actually don't mind the head pointed down.

For starters, it's nice to have something different than the standard looking forward pose, and it seems to mimic the look from the film when the the two emerged from the forest as they investigated Eddie in the car. Also, I feel like the looking down posture will really play well off of some of the lower to the ground offerings like the injured ankylosaurus, sick triceratops, human figures, and what have you.

Bread

I can see why some dislike the pose of the buck. It is quite different and I know most people would have preferred a more neutral pose, but in my eyes this pose adds character or portrays the buck correctly. Remember in TLW, the buck is often curious. The campsite scene is a great example as the female chases off the group, the buck stays back "investigating" the campsite.

I believe Carnoking makes a good point and ideas for the buck. I can't wait to see some images of this Tyrannosaurus in action.

Duna

Oh, that's a HEAD!  :) I love the buck ...  Now I don't like to see more pictures or I may start dreaming about he in my shelf ...

SenSx

First Vastasaurus Rex color scheme

Faithfull to the movie I suppose ?
I don't know if I'll stay loyal to it or if I will get another more striking color scheme.

Btw I don't know where is Rebor's blue Vastasaurus Rex from: the movie as well or the video game or other media ?
Nanmu might just make a blue one too...

Bread

Colors look great, regardless if it is faithful to the movie. I'd say I definitely prefer this model over Rebor's, which is not a bad model at all. This one just seems more screen accurate.

Carnoking

The details and colors are amazing. But there's something about it that just seems off to me... I can't quite put my finger on it.

SenSx

Quote from: Carnoking on February 20, 2021, 03:35:31 PM
The details and colors are amazing. But there's something about it that just seems off to me... I can't quite put my finger on it.

I personally find the eyes do not have enough color contrast, they seem to be just white, but might just be the prototype.

Ravager-Lizard-King

Quote from: Carnoking on February 20, 2021, 03:35:31 PM

For me, I feel like the snout and overall head appears to be slightly too long from this angle. In concept art and the weta collectibles, such as the bust and skull, the head is a little more shortened and compact.

Shonisaurus

I really like that Nanmu vastatosaurus although I honestly like the two colored versions of Rebor much more Nanmu's vastatosaurus as members of the DTF say it has a very elongated snout, but the base is exceptional I suppose it will be made of resin but I don't care , I would buy it without question, it is super attractive.

Ivántirrophus

Hey friends, for someone that have the giganotosaurus, can it stand by itself without base?  giganoto with base is very expensive  :(

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Ivántirrophus on February 23, 2021, 04:58:26 AM
Hey friends, for someone that have the giganotosaurus, can it stand by itself without base?  giganoto with base is very expensive  :(
Not sure but you can modify the feet position with hot water. And then cool it(not sure if it works with nanmu figures tho)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mine stands fine thus far with no base. Reflecting on it I think I would have bought the base though, it's not much more and makes it look better as a stand alone piece.

SenSx

I still got the fire despite my first concerns about its big size, I'm just not putting it near my other figures.
Gorgeous model, mine has no paint flaws or damage.

The only issue is maybe the articulated jaw, it does not stay open to its maximum, and I can't choose to close it how I would want.
It's either open to its current maximum capacity, or completely closed, nothing else.
But it's not the first time I'm seing this on Nanmu's figures, my Spinosaurus has the exact same problem, but as long as it stays close or open, I'm fine with it, it's just not the best articulation on the market (W-Dragon did it better with their first articulated jaw for their Giganotosaurus).

As for stability, well mine stands well without the base, but there is a very small gap under the feet (I've noticed that on some other reviews too), and it moves a little bit if you touch it, I don't know how much you can trust its stability, or if it can wrapp over time with summer heat (although I'd say Nanmu's are more resistant, they are reinforcing the legs of their figures to avoid that).
My other Nanmu's seem to have a more reliable stand, so i'm glad I got the base.
On these two videos, when the reviewer put the Giganotosaurus on a surface or touch it, it moves a little bit, mine does the exact same:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIXNuSaDW1o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNjDCXOu0LM&t=221s
Maybe it's nothing, but I can tell you my Nanmu Spinosaurus and Rex do not move at all like that.

I had no issue installing it on the base, no need to use hot air or watter.

As for fixing stability issues with hot watter, it just did not work last time I tried, the figure quickly came back to its original flawed position.
But it was a Rebor product, and maybe the material used isn't appropriate.

Carnoking

Mine just came in yesterday and I hear what you're saying. The jaw articulation is a little loose, and it does wobble ever so slightly off of the base. Still, love it love it love it.

Callophrys

The articulated jaw is exactly the same on mine, either completely open or completely shut. I don't have any problem with this though.

I got mine without the base, and I have no issues with stability. Both feet are perfectly flat on a surface. It's far better in this regard than any of my other therapod figures.

Ivántirrophus

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 23, 2021, 05:00:39 AM
Not sure but you can modify the feet position with hot water. And then cool it(not sure if it works with nanmu figures tho)

Thank you, that is a good tip. It works with Papo. :))

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 23, 2021, 05:19:47 AM

Mine stands fine thus far with no base. Reflecting on it I think I would have bought the base though, it's not much more and makes it look better as a stand alone piece.

You are right, I will try to buy it with base, thanks.
;D

SidB

For me, the position of the head is just fine, a change from the usual.

SenSx

I'm not saying the head position is bad, I just prefer the first Rex pose overall.
But I must say this one definitely complements the other.

I like the fact that it has a base, and it kinda fix the head looking too downward for my tastes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

If you place it on a shelf at eye level it should work great, just like the Sideshow piece it gives a feeling of being small and maybe the prey..

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: