News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Quote from: Vegeta365 on February 11, 2021, 10:52:17 PM
Considering the Nanmu dinos are 1:35 scale and fairly well scaled too eachother (in terms of JW/JP sizes), the figures that accompany them are frustratingly not.

Clare is the biggest omission. She is in heals and running but she is far bigger than she should be comparing to the rest in my current collection.

I love the new T Rex. The bulk is fantastic. As others have mentioned, they will very clearly do the green version from the previous T Rex to match the male colour scheme from TLW, and I wouldn't be surprised if the other colour is a brown variant, though they could go for something massively different.

Having to wait far too long for this and Triceratops.

I wonder how many more dinos we will see this year from Nanmu and what they will be. Really interested to see what is next!

Nanmu's figures are nowhere near 1/35th scale. More like 1/30th.

KeU

Quote from: Over9K on February 11, 2021, 10:56:22 PM
Nanmu's figures are nowhere near 1/35th scale. More like 1/30th.
I'll go further by saying PNSO is closer to 1/30th scale.
Nanmu is probably 1/25.

SenSx

Considering the Nanmu dinos are 1:35 scale and fairly well scaled too eachother (in terms of JW/JP sizes), the figures that accompany them are frustratingly not.

Clare is the biggest omission. She is in heals and running but she is far bigger than she should be comparing to the rest in my current collection.

I love the new T Rex. The bulk is fantastic. As others have mentioned, they will very clearly do the green version from the previous T Rex to match the male colour scheme from TLW, and I wouldn't be surprised if the other colour is a brown variant, though they could go for something massively different.

I wonder how many more dinos we will see this year from Nanmu and what they will be. Really interested to see what is next!

Triceratops and Vastasaurus Rex should be released soon.
They said before end of March for Vastasaurus, can't wait to see the color schemes.

There will definitely be a a gab between their next release, and the new Rex.
I was hoping for a Baryonyx, but I find the Vastasaurus choice very weird.
Like they think they've made everything JP related that had to be released, and are moving on something else...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on February 12, 2021, 12:31:05 AM

They said before end of March for Vastasaurus, can't wait to see the color schemes.

Like they think they've made everything JP related that had to be released, and are moving on something else...

Triceratops should ship in April , the V-Rex i havent heard much on yet. If this new Rex is slated for 2nd quarter, thats april/may/june, i'm betting on june.  Last year we had what? 7 or 8 new pieces? roughly every couple months.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 12, 2021, 01:24:56 AM

Triceratops should ship in April , the V-Rex i havent heard much on yet. If this new Rex is slated for 2nd quarter, thats april/may/june, i'm betting on june.  Last year we had what? 7 or 8 new pieces? roughly every couple months.

They said Vastasaurus Rex will be released at the end of first quarter, so end of March, and I thought Triceratops would be released before that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on February 12, 2021, 02:00:25 AM

They said Vastasaurus Rex will be released at the end of first quarter, so end of March, and I thought Triceratops would be released before that.

Odd it hasn't shown up for preorder.   Triceratops says shipping late April. https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/nanmu-studio/products/nanmu-1-35-triceratops-figure?variant=37444612587678

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 12, 2021, 02:05:23 AM
Quote from: SenSx on February 12, 2021, 02:00:25 AM

Odd it hasn't shown up for preorder.   Triceratops says shipping late April. https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/nanmu-studio/products/nanmu-1-35-triceratops-figure?variant=37444612587678

Ok, I just remembered this from here:

https://www.facebook.com/Nanmutoys/posts/114982480436167?__tn__=-R

Maybe it will be a bit late.

Carnoking

I thought Lanatime post said something about pre-orders starting end of March...

Vegeta365

Very odd with lots of different dates. I saw you would receive triceratops in May if you prefer ordered. Not many places doing pretty orders yet. So if T Rex is Q2 as they plan it would likely be June they look to send it but we would receive maybe July. Maybe 2-3 more pieces this year that we have not seen. But given we have not seen any details at all on anything else would make me think there will be a gap and possibly just 2 more pieces.

DaleRussell

I'm surprised Nanmu has shifted away from the Jurassic Park Franchise when it comes to the human characters. This is especially interesting considering theres plenty of fodder to pick from. Just to throw out a few very viable characters they could've done: Sarah Harding (!), Lex, Tim, Dieter, Carter, Dodgson, Mr. Arnold, Robert Muldoon, Ludlow, the Bob Bakker clone (Burke?) from TLW, Cooper, and so on.

Carnoking

They've already got a Sarah Harding, but beyond that I agree with you. I'm sure they'll get back to those others mentioned, they probably just wanted to do something different for this one.

terrorchicken

I forgot  the name of the badass "great white hunter" guy that bagged the bull rex in LW- they should do him.

KeU

Quote from: terrorchicken on February 15, 2021, 11:44:00 PM
I forgot  the name of the badass "great white hunter" guy that bagged the bull rex in LW- they should do him.
Roland Tembo

Takama

The did

They included him with the Raptor Squad

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Takama on February 16, 2021, 03:27:36 AM

The did

No, that's Robert Muldoon. Terrorchicken is talking about Roland Tembo.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: PumperKrickel on February 16, 2021, 04:14:22 AM
Quote from: Takama on February 16, 2021, 03:27:36 AM

The did

No, that's Robert Muldoon. Terrorchicken is talking about Roland Tembo.

It looks like Roland to me.

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2021, 04:52:12 AM

It looks like Roland to me.

Yes, I think I was wrong. I thought it was supposed to be Muldoon in the yellow raincoat, but the rifle is definitely Tembo's. My Bad.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on February 11, 2021, 02:18:36 AM
For those who are interested.

This is insane. Finally a JP rex that shows the bulk of the original Rexy from JP1. I'm a bit sad that the sculpts head is angled slightly downwards, but it looks brilliant all the same.
Their previous release is beautiful, but were quite thin for JP rexes.

I am also well aware that this is supposed to be the Buck, but that bulkiness is beautiful.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mgaguilar on February 17, 2021, 05:28:44 AM
Quote from: Ceratosaurus on February 11, 2021, 02:18:36 AM
For those who are interested.

This is insane. Finally a JP rex that shows the bulk of the original Rexy from JP1. I'm a bit sad that the sculpts head is angled slightly downwards, but it looks brilliant all the same.

I am also well aware that this is supposed to be the Buck, but that bulkiness is beautiful.

Yeah def reminiscent of the animatronic from JP. Like the Prime1 statue :

It's odd the concept art for JP3 shows a much bulkier male than even in TLW:

SenSx

Quote from: mgaguilar on February 17, 2021, 05:28:44 AM

My thoughts exactly !
Love the bulk, dislike the head pointing downward.
Waiting for the final product to decide whether or not it will replace the older one on my shelf (I rpefer its pose).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: