News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on March 22, 2021, 02:05:57 PM
I have 2 questions:

1. I have seen Nanmu's official photos of the green Apatosaurus which looks dark green, and Ive seen Youtube reviews of the green Apatosaurus which looks light green. So which is accurate---is the Nanmu Apatosaurus dark green or light green?

2. Any rumors of what dinosaurs Nanmu will release in the future?

1. I personally do not think it's green at all. To me it's a grey/blue kinda like a slate color?

2. Not as of yet, nothing past the new T-Rex.  I think once they may have considered a Smaug figure from The Hobbit? But I can't recall where I saw it.

RobinGoodfellow

Dan's Dinosaurs posted on Facebook that  Nanmu Giganotosaurus was discontinued.

If you want it, be fast to order one (maybe on Aliexpress..)
:)

Carnoking

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Carnoking on March 26, 2021, 02:30:37 PM
Man that did not last long :o

I think it was a sort of "special edition" because the painting scheme is really complicated for a mass-production item..

SenSx

It's outstanding, glas I got mine.

Also, Nanmu is making a copper version of the Vastasaurus Rex.

Can't wait to see the color variants of the new t-rex, probaly brown and green, but wonder if they'll make a limited variant like for the triceratops.
As for the previous question, Nanmu hasn't revealed anything else, but I do feel the baryonyx is missing, it's in the range of medium theropods they like to make.

Callophrys

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 26, 2021, 02:36:21 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on March 26, 2021, 02:30:37 PM
Man that did not last long :o

I think it was a sort of "special edition" because the painting scheme is really complicated for a mass-production item..

For the price, the detail & paint job is really quite outstanding. I'm glad I got mine when I did!

Over9K

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 26, 2021, 01:57:40 PM

Didn't Nanmu specifically tell us that the DX with the base would be a one-time Limited Run, no second run, and that the baseless ver would still be available going forward?

Carnoking

I only remember seeing information on the triceratops having certain limits (no broken horn/base after pre-orders, no sick version after pre-orders). After scouring Nanmu's and Lanatime shop's page, as well as info at Dan's and the forum, I could not see anything involving the longevity of the be-based Giganotosaurus on the market.

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on March 26, 2021, 09:55:52 PM
I only remember seeing information on the triceratops having certain limits (no broken horn/base after pre-orders, no sick version after pre-orders). After scouring Nanmu's and Lanatime shop's page, as well as info at Dan's and the forum, I could not see anything involving the longevity of the be-based Giganotosaurus on the market.

Something must have happened in production making it unfeasible to continue... I can't imagine they invested in the molds for the Giga and the base to only do the one run...

Carnoking

I mean what you say does make sense, axing the base but keeping the figure from here on out, I just don't recall ever seeing any info about that. It could also be just the orange variant getting cut and the blue will continue to be produced? I really don't know, I feel like this came out of nowhere.

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on March 27, 2021, 12:32:40 AM
I mean what you say does make sense, axing the base but keeping the figure from here on out, I just don't recall ever seeing any info about that. It could also be just the orange variant getting cut and the blue will continue to be produced? I really don't know, I feel like this came out of nowhere.

Definitely not Nanmu's SOP...

Perhaps the Trike model of release is their new SOP; Base/Extra on first run, just the dinosaur after that. *shrug*

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Over9K on March 26, 2021, 09:02:34 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 26, 2021, 01:57:40 PM

Didn't Nanmu specifically tell us that the DX with the base would be a one-time Limited Run, no second run, and that the baseless ver would still be available going forward?

I can only say this: I ordered my light-blue Giga with base on Aliexpress; it came in two packages : one for the figure and one for the base, without a single art-box for both of them.
And you can still buy the base (without figure) on Aliexpress.
I don't know anything more than that..

-

Over9K

The more I think about it...

The Sick Trike comes with a base, the Giga has a base, the V-Rex has a base, the Buck rex has a base... do they all get a base now, at least at first?

Shonisaurus

I have ordered the payment price including the two versions of painting of Nanmu's giganotosaurus in the Belgian store lecitedesnuages.be. Do you mean I'll run out of the discontinued giganotosaurus figure? As I mentioned, I ordered both figures but unfortunately I have not received them yet. I hope it does not affect those of us who have ordered the discontinued dinosaur figures and who unfortunately have not received them because they are not yet in stock in the store. I'm interested in the two painting versions of Nanmu's giganotosaurus.

On the other hand, which version of Nanmu's triceratops painting is the discontinued one? I am interested in those figures that are going to be discontinued apart from dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals from Nanmu in this case as well as from other unpublished or rare companies in the toy market and at a reasonable size. In my case I would pre-order the triceratops paint version that is going to be discontinued although honestly the wounded triceratops resin version does not interest me much precisely for practical and economic reasons to keep it on my shelf.

SenSx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 27, 2021, 11:46:28 AM
I have ordered the payment price including the two versions of painting of Nanmu's giganotosaurus in the Belgian store lecitedesnuages.be. Do you mean I'll run out of the discontinued giganotosaurus figure? As I mentioned, I ordered both figures but unfortunately I have not received them yet. I hope it does not affect those of us who have ordered the discontinued dinosaur figures and who unfortunately have not received them because they are not yet in stock in the store. I'm interested in the two painting versions of Nanmu's giganotosaurus.

On the other hand, which version of Nanmu's triceratops painting is the discontinued one? I am interested in those figures that are going to be discontinued apart from dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals from Nanmu in this case as well as from other unpublished or rare companies in the toy market and at a reasonable size. In my case I would pre-order the triceratops paint version that is going to be discontinued although honestly the wounded triceratops resin version does not interest me much precisely for practical and economic reasons to keep it on my shelf.

La Cité des Nuages is a good shop, I've bought some figures from tham without issues.
Becarefull with their preorders though, I bought a Storm Collectibles Bane and it still wasn't in stock a year after the supposed arrival date.
I decided to cancel and bought it elsewhere.
When I check on their site, they still don't have the figure available, and just keep pushing back the shipping date without much more infos.
At the time they just told me it was an estimation, I think they had no real clue.
Maybe it was due to Covid as well, but they don't seem to be a priority for manufacturer.
I really don't know what you should do, maybe contact them first.
It's a shame if you ordered the versions with base since it is out of stock anywhere else.
If you just want the baseless versions, maybe you should not take any risk and get it on Aliexpress or Lana.
But that is if it really is discontinued, I heard back in december on Lana's Facebook that a second batch was planned in March or April, don't know if it's really happening.

And now, here is the new Nanmu Rex Buck for real:

I don't know if it's me, but it looks smaller in height than the first female t-rex, maybe because the only size comparaison can be made with the human figure that feels taller than usual too, I'm not sure...
It could be because of the slightly crouching pose as well.
Of course this new Buck is stockier however.
The banner can't be trusted for size comparaison, we've seen the giga was much taller.

Over9K

I'm seeing on Facebook that it's only the Giganotosaurus base that is discontinued... not the dinosaur itself.

RobinGoodfellow

Checking on Aliexpress, it seems that Nanmu Giganotosaurus is still available in both version (light-blue and orange) also with base.
Even the stand alone base is still available (few quantities).
On major Aliexpress stores, base-versions copies are decreasing in availability but still present.
I read that FB message too but it's unclear where that guy had the information..
On Nanmu FB page there aren't new messages about Giga.
So the all thing remains unclear.

That's what you can find on Dan's Dinosaur web page:

" Contact store manager to order "baseless" version. Please note baseless version is not guaranteed to stand on its own.

Event Log:
11/17/2020 - Preorder Open
1/19/2021 - Item Arrival, Preorders Begin Shipping
3/26/2021 - Base Version Sold Out, Limited Quantity of Baseless Version Available
"

Shonisaurus

So in my case what do I do, cancel the pre-ordered and paid orange version in lacitedesnuages? I am disturbed by everything you are commenting on or perhaps I do not understand what you mean.

I would like to buy the orange version of Nanmu's giganotosaurus without a base. Is there any chance that this Belgian company despite the purchase I made and the pre-ordered figure if said giganotosaurus figure is sold out in the markets that in the end I will run out of it?

I do not know what to do.

Everything_Dinosaur

Nanmu Studio Giganotosaurus without base - being brought into Europe by avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur.  CE certificate for this model issued on February 2nd (we insisted that Nanmu Studio provide this certificate), it is a legal requirement on any item with a CE mark, it has to have a CE accreditation that backs this up.  Once we had received this information we could go ahead and legally import these figures from China.  We will be expecting the Nanmu Studio shipment including the Giganotosaurus to be in stock avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur at the end of April.  If you want to buy this figure suggest you email: [email protected]

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 29, 2021, 01:48:51 PM
So in my case what do I do, cancel the pre-ordered and paid orange version in lacitedesnuages? I am disturbed by everything you are commenting on or perhaps I do not understand what you mean.

I would like to buy the orange version of Nanmu's giganotosaurus without a base. Is there any chance that this Belgian company despite the purchase I made and the pre-ordered figure if said giganotosaurus figure is sold out in the markets that in the end I will run out of it?

I do not know what to do.

On Facebook Dan's Dinosaurs posted a discontinuation notice for Nanmu Giganotosaurus.
On Aliexpress the item is still available (with and without base).
A guy on FB said that only Giga with base is discontinued (did he talk with Nanmu? We don't know..).
Apparently the figure is still available on the market.
If you did a pre-order, as always, the best way is talking with the store directly..
-

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: