News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 29, 2021, 01:48:51 PM
So in my case what do I do, cancel the pre-ordered and paid orange version in lacitedesnuages? I am disturbed by everything you are commenting on or perhaps I do not understand what you mean.

I would like to buy the orange version of Nanmu's giganotosaurus without a base. Is there any chance that this Belgian company despite the purchase I made and the pre-ordered figure if said giganotosaurus figure is sold out in the markets that in the end I will run out of it?

I do not know what to do.

It seems only the version with base is discontinued.
And as europeans distritors will get it soon, you probably have the luxury to wait and see, it will probably be still be available elsewhere.

Takama

QuoteHello, everyone. Finally, it's time for the new product release.
This time we brought a brand new version 2.0.
It's bigger and more violent!

Keep in mind what day it is, and i swear someone said they scrapped the files for the hybrids a while back ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Even if they "scrapped" them, all they have to do is rescan it or redo them lol  Nothing is gone for good if it's digital.  ;)

Taking into account the theme of the day, I still would not be opposed to a bigger new Indominus from Nanmu.

Carnoking

Stegotyranno420

Why do they keep on making 2.0's already when theres loads of other dinosaurs (even just jp ones) that could use some figures

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 01, 2021, 04:53:59 PM
Why do they keep on making 2.0's already when theres loads of other dinosaurs (even just jp ones) that could use some figures
I wonder this too, as an affordable JP Lost World style Parasaurolophus would be wonderful, as well as a JP style Gallimimus. I don't mind 2.0s, but on the other hand other dinosaurs (screen accurate) could use a figure.

SenSx

Yes I'm still waiting for the Baryonyx, but I think Nanmu is just aiming at what sells.
Godzilla and King Kong figures will become inevitable too at some point imo, given how well the movie is doing.

Shonisaurus

I'm hoping that indomimus rex will be an improved version of its predecessor made over two years ago. Nanmu always amazes me. By the way, won't this company gallimimus? Quetzalcoatlus and pteranodon? Hopefully they make all the dinosaurs in JW, JP and also start making new figures of dinosaurs from Skull Island other than the well-known King Kong and Vastatosaurus rex. There are many more interesting creatures many of them descended from dinosaurs that deserve to be treated in the form of toy dinosaurs. Nanmu has impressive potential, it is the equivalent of PNSO in China, Nanmu is in charge of movie dinosaur figures, and PNSO is dedicated to making highly scientific dinosaur figures. One company complements the other.

I would like that if Nanmu dared more figures of dinosaurs but that they were not from movies but from scientists. Although getting to the point I really like that indominus rex I can't wait to see it in figure and not in a simple mysterious announcement by Nanmu.

Takama

Im Waiting on a Bloody BRACHIOSAURUS, Thats not a real joke.

Hopefully this Irex wont turn out the same

Over9K

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 01, 2021, 04:53:59 PM

I understand why they're redoing this one... that tail seam and bendy tail. If you put the Indominus next to the other figures, the Indo is the only one with the unsightly seam, everything else has seams that are blended much, much better. The fact that they've moved away from bendy tails is another reason to bring the Indominus into line with the other figures.

What other 2.0's have they done? I don't count the Buck rex as a 2.0, because the buck was distinctly different than the female rex we had seen already in the franchise, and deserved its own figure...

blnadal

Quote from: Takama on April 01, 2021, 01:41:51 PM

Keep in mind what day it is, and i swear someone said they scrapped the files for the hybrids a while back ::)
maybe it's a joke, but  if it is true, we will need a bigger Mosasaurus too

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on April 02, 2021, 04:04:39 AM
Quote from: Takama on April 01, 2021, 01:41:51 PM

maybe it's a joke, but  if it is true, we will need a bigger Mosasaurus too

The current Mosa is a bit undersized but thats likely the best we are going to get.

Even if its a joke its a good way to gauge interest.

Abobo

Pehraps, as the original is probably their most-sought-after model, they will go with a huge scale (similar to the Ceratosaurus (Pete?) by PNSO?)
+ looks like the spines on the back will be added.
or it was just an april's fool joke:)

blnadal

本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio
The pre-sale will begin this week. Please contact your dealer for more information

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

I know a lot of fans that are going to be happy..finally.  ;)

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2021, 04:24:20 AM

Man, you wouldn't know it on FB... lots of sour-mouthing on this one...

I'll reserve judgement until we have a pose at least... these renders can look kinda flat until there's a pose on it.

Stegotyranno420

Looks fine.

Let's be honest, we'd all rather have the website version of the baryonyx

Flaffy

Was the JW Baryonyx's skull always this tall? I swear it was shorter and more crocodilian-esque.
Here's the CC Baryonyx for comparison because I can't for the life of me find a good side view of the movie design.

idk, Something just looks off about the Nanmu head sculpt. Like it feels 90% there, but just misses the mark on some minute but noticeable details. Kind of a similar situation with their Vastatosaurus. Things I've noticed on the Nanmu Baryonyx:
- Front teeth suffers from some pretty serious tooth slippage.
- Overly neatly sculpted/positioned teeth, would've liked it to be more "imperfect" as seen in the movie design.
- Skull too tall, not flat enough (?)
- The overlapping neck integument looks weird, though more angles are needed to confirm this.

The thing about Nanmu I dislike is that on quite a few of their figures, they never seem to "commit" fully to what they're trying to do. Their Jurassic Park/World rip off designs rarely ever reaches full screen accuracy. And their original designs never quite escape the influences of JP.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on April 06, 2021, 04:56:05 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2021, 04:24:20 AM

Man, you wouldn't know it on FB... lots of sour-mouthing on this one...

I'll reserve judgement until we have a pose at least... these renders can look kinda flat until there's a pose on it.

All the places I've seen it posted they seem fairly happy : https://www.facebook.com/Nanmutoys

Quote from: Flaffy on April 06, 2021, 05:51:17 AM
Was the JW Baryonyx's skull always this tall? I swear it was shorter and more crocodilian-esque.
Here's the CC Baryonyx for comparison because I can't for the life of me find a good side view of the movie design.

idk, Something just looks off about the Nanmu head sculpt. Like it feels 90% there, but just misses the mark on some minute but noticeable details. Kind of a similar situation with their Vastatosaurus. Things I've noticed on the Nanmu Baryonyx:
- Front teeth suffers from some pretty serious tooth slippage.
- Overly neatly sculpted/positioned teeth, would've liked it to be more "imperfect" as seen in the movie design.
- Skull too tall, not flat enough (?)
- The overlapping neck integument looks weird, though more angles are needed to confirm this.

The thing about Nanmu I dislike is that on quite a few of their figures, they never seem to "commit" fully to what they're trying to do. Their Jurassic Park/World rip off designs rarely ever reaches full screen accuracy. And their original designs never quite escape the influences of JP.

The art version looked worse than the film even in terms of that overly wide skull.. I've always complained about how bad they are...the raptors especially..I hate seeing that bad artwork plastered on everything.

This guy looks almost exactly like the image you posted from CC, maybe that's the inspiration? My first thought was they are going to do all three colors, Grim, Chaos, and Limbo. 

Maybe a bit of the game as well?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: