News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Finally, Nanmu Baryonyx !
Took them long enough !

You might be right about the skull, I'll wait for more visuals.

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2021, 06:28:44 AM
Quote from: Over9K on April 06, 2021, 04:56:05 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2021, 04:24:20 AM
I know a lot of fans that are going to be happy..finally.  ;)

Man, you wouldn't know it on FB... lots of sour-mouthing on this one...

I'll reserve judgement until we have a pose at least... these renders can look kinda flat until there's a pose on it.

All the places I've seen it posted they seem fairly happy : https://www.facebook.com/Nanmutoys

Quote from: Flaffy on April 06, 2021, 05:51:17 AM
Was the JW Baryonyx's skull always this tall? I swear it was shorter and more crocodilian-esque.
Here's the CC Baryonyx for comparison because I can't for the life of me find a good side view of the movie design.

idk, Something just looks off about the Nanmu head sculpt. Like it feels 90% there, but just misses the mark on some minute but noticeable details. Kind of a similar situation with their Vastatosaurus. Things I've noticed on the Nanmu Baryonyx:
- Front teeth suffers from some pretty serious tooth slippage.
- Overly neatly sculpted/positioned teeth, would've liked it to be more "imperfect" as seen in the movie design.
- Skull too tall, not flat enough (?)
- The overlapping neck integument looks weird, though more angles are needed to confirm this.

The thing about Nanmu I dislike is that on quite a few of their figures, they never seem to "commit" fully to what they're trying to do. Their Jurassic Park/World rip off designs rarely ever reaches full screen accuracy. And their original designs never quite escape the influences of JP.

The art version looked worse than the film even in terms of that overly wide skull.. I've always complained about how bad they are...the raptors especially..I hate seeing that bad artwork plastered on everything.

This guy looks almost exactly like the image you posted from CC, maybe that's the inspiration? My first thought was they are going to do all three colors, Grim, Chaos, and Limbo. 

Maybe a bit of the game as well?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Images work for me. might need to check your settings?

Carnoking

Oh man, if they do the CC trio I'll be in trouble.
I actually feel like Nanmu comes the absolute closest to capturing the look of the source material. REBOR is the company that strikes me as not fully committing to their designs.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Flaffy on April 06, 2021, 05:51:17 AM
Was the JW Baryonyx's skull always this tall? I swear it was shorter and more crocodilian-esque.
Here's the CC Baryonyx for comparison because I can't for the life of me find a good side view of the movie design.

idk, Something just looks off about the Nanmu head sculpt. Like it feels 90% there, but just misses the mark on some minute but noticeable details. Kind of a similar situation with their Vastatosaurus. Things I've noticed on the Nanmu Baryonyx:
- Front teeth suffers from some pretty serious tooth slippage.
- Overly neatly sculpted/positioned teeth, would've liked it to be more "imperfect" as seen in the movie design.
- Skull too tall, not flat enough (?)
- The overlapping neck integument looks weird, though more angles are needed to confirm this.

The thing about Nanmu I dislike is that on quite a few of their figures, they never seem to "commit" fully to what they're trying to do. Their Jurassic Park/World rip off designs rarely ever reaches full screen accuracy. And their original designs never quite escape the influences of JP.
Some people think the subtle differences are a trick to avoid copyright claims. Speaking about the Baryonyx, Chaos herself, as we can see in te still, is different from the FK Baryonyx too( for the better, if you ask me), So the overall design is not as consistent as one might think.
The front limbs on the Nanmu render are actually better than on any of the JW models in terms of scientific accuracy.

Flaffy

Quote from: Mattyonyx on April 06, 2021, 04:22:27 PM
Some people think the subtle differences are a trick to avoid copyright claims.

Hm, that's a very good point. Hadn't thought about that before.

Looking at the Nanmu Baryonyx more, did they smoothen out the jaw-notch even more than the original design already did?

SenSx

Quote from: Over9K on April 06, 2021, 04:56:05 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2021, 04:24:20 AM
I know a lot of fans that are going to be happy..finally.  ;)

Man, you wouldn't know it on FB... lots of sour-mouthing on this one...

I'll reserve judgement until we have a pose at least... these renders can look kinda flat until there's a pose on it.

Honestly I find it alwready good enough even in this neutral pose, I'd be ok with it if it had to stay like that.
I hope they won't give this Baryonyx too much of a dramatic/weird pose, but I doubt it, this is Nanmu not Papo.

Abobo

a bunch of new photos for the V-Rexes
It's up for pre-order at https://lanatime-shop.com/

SenSx

Thx!

I want the green version with base but I'm not ordering it just yet, I hope it won't run out of stock as fast as the Giga with base.
Besides you can't really see on Lana how much there is left of each individual version, unless I'm wrong.

Also concerning the Baryonyx, probably unpopular opinion here, but I would have liked them to make it slightly more scientifically accurate, with a thinner jaw.
A model between JP and real accuracy, like what thay did with their Ceratosaurus.
Something like that:

Eventhough even the upper Baryonyx isn't really the one in the movie, but I'd welcome it.
I know people might tell me I'm missing the point, we are supposed to get a movie accurate figure.

Shonisaurus

The baryonyx is beautiful but the best is by far Nanmu's vastatosaurus rex I especially like its red version by far the most attractive. It would be in my case my first red vastatosaurus rex.

blnadal

本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio

Enjoy your weekend!
From now on, limited and retail versions of Nanmu will distinguish between designs on packaging

Ceratosaurus

From Nanmu:

Enjoy your weekend!
Santiago is lonely, so we created Calypso for it.
Will you like this couple?
Will be pre-sold in the third quarter of 2021

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Flaffy

I wonder what genus/species of gar that is. Maybe it's an extinct one if we're lucky?  ;)

Carnoking

Renecito

Quote from: Flaffy on April 16, 2021, 11:55:13 PM
I wonder what genus/species of gar that is. Maybe it's an extinct one if we're lucky?  ;)

Yes!!! The gar is what interested me the most.  :)
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Faelrin

I don't really collect Nanmu, but I appreciate their sculpts. I really do like how these two have been represented. My wish for more resting or laying down dinosaurs has been fulfilled with this pair it seems. Now I'm just curious about the coloration for them both.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on April 17, 2021, 04:55:00 AM
I don't really collect Nanmu, but I appreciate their sculpts. I really do like how these two have been represented. My wish for more resting or laying down dinosaurs has been fulfilled with this pair it seems. Now I'm just curious about the coloration for them both.

I would guess at least the FK coloration, but they also have Camp Cretaceous to look too. I would kind of like to have all three, Chaos, Limbo and Grim. 

SenSx

They even made some kind of diorama for the Baryonyx, that was really worth the wait, eventhough I'll just get Santiago.
The dynamic pose is good, just reminds me a bit too much of W-Dragon Allosaurus, but not exactly the same either.

We will get the JW color for sure (the one I will order), and I guess green or brown variants.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on April 16, 2021, 11:45:26 PM
From Nanmu:

Enjoy your weekend!
Santiago is lonely, so we created Calypso for it.
Will you like this couple?

Looks lovely, but i just dislike the JP Style. But looks like a good piece overall and i always like interacting Animals. That Gar looks good and i like the approach of the scene. But these Theropods do not remind me of Baryonyx :-D

3D Modelling is phenomenal. But also scary, because its so fast and can be that detailed. Hopefully, it won't push away classic, Materialbased sculpting completely.

blnadal

Lanatimeshop

Nanmu Studio Baryonyx Couple Santiago & Calypso.
Material:PVC,  Polystone Base
Size: Santiago Length about 29 cm / 11.4 inches,  Calypso Length about 26 cm / 10.2 inches
Size:1/35

29cm may be too big

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: