News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

I would love a v2 Carnotaurus in this pose and with a mouth that can open for real

dragon53

TAKAMA:

Thanks for clearing that up---I thought I had missed some other  Nanmu information.

dragon53

Lana Time Shop posted a new photo of the next Nanmu T-Rex.

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just hoping it's not TOO big that it's out of scale with the female.

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 23, 2021, 04:06:48 AM
here it seems to be as big as the female one, but bulkier

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on May 23, 2021, 04:27:13 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 23, 2021, 04:06:48 AM
here it seems to be as big as the female one, but bulkier

If the size chart is accurate it's close.

SenSx

This size chart was not accurate for the Giga, and that new Rex seems to have the same proportions, so we might expect it to be bigger.
That is actually what I am hoping contrary to you, because I still don't like the Giga making the female Rex looks tiny, I want a Rex as large and as high as their Giga, and if not even more.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on May 23, 2021, 12:17:01 PM
This size chart was not accurate for the Giga, and that new Rex seems to have the same proportions, so we might expect it to be bigger.
That is actually what I am hoping contrary to you, because I still don't like the Giga making the female Rex looks tiny, I want a Rex as large and as high as their Giga, and if not even more.

I can see wanting bigger, but i view the Giga as outside their normal range of JP/JW figures. Hes displayed on another shelf entirely, much like the Vastatasaurus will be.   If this male doesn't pair with the other figures like the female rex it's pretty annoying for dios and such. I'm already a bit upset i bought a male colored female and now they make a more accurate Buck.  These guys aren't that cheap.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 23, 2021, 03:31:42 PM

I can see wanting bigger, but i view the Giga as outside their normal range of JP/JW figures. Hes displayed on another shelf entirely, much like the Vastatasaurus will be.   If this male doesn't pair with the other figures like the female rex it's pretty annoying for dios and such. I'm already a bit upset i bought a male colored female and now they make a more accurate Buck.  These guys aren't that cheap.

Even if bigger, it will still fit with the female in my opinion, just a bulkier male.
It won't be JP accurate though since Buck is supposed to be smaller, but I'm not sure Nanmu cares, since they tend to make their figures bigger and bigger.

I'm expecting a red variant and a bronze, altough they said 3 colors, and bronze is not exactly a color but a whole different material.
So if no bronze they'll probably choose a colder color scheme, or a black one, but I'm really curious.

JohannesB

I have the W-Dragon Rexy (which is a better figure than the Nanmu on a few points), but I do wanna get me one of those Nanmu buck Tyrannosaurus rexes (if the publicity pictures are anything to go by), so that they can form a nice pair. I want it to be as big as possible for the price bracket it fits into, but if I love it, I'll get it anyway.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on May 23, 2021, 06:12:06 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 23, 2021, 03:31:42 PM

Even if bigger, it will still fit with the female in my opinion, just a bulkier male.
It won't be JP accurate though since Buck is supposed to be smaller, but I'm not sure Nanmu cares, since they tend to make their figures bigger and bigger.

I'm expecting a red variant and a bronze, altough they said 3 colors, and bronze is not exactly a color but a whole different material.
So if no bronze they'll probably choose a colder color scheme, or a black one, but I'm really curious.

Bulkier and bigger..idk. 

Bronze is just paint so hence a diff color.  I'm thinking it will go like the Triceratops in terms of color.

Quote from: Archosaur on May 23, 2021, 08:23:36 PM
I have the W-Dragon Rexy (which is a better figure than the Nanmu on a few points), but I do wanna get me one of those Nanmu buck Tyrannosaurus rexes (if the publicity pictures are anything to go by), so that they can form a nice pair. I want it to be as big as possible for the price bracket it fits into, but if I love it, I'll get it anyway.

I skipped the W-Dragon as it looked soft on details and paint.

They should just make a 1:15 Buck statue. That would please a lot of collectors.

SenSx

silly me who thought it was the bronze material.
It would have cost much more, and the packaging would have had to be more robust.

Well it could make sense to have red and bronze rexes to mirror the vastatosaurus, the possible imaginary evolution of the rex.
Although I think a brown version would sell much more than a bronze, weird :/

Stegotyranno420

I mean I like it when the males are bigger and bulkier though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on May 24, 2021, 01:30:59 PM
silly me who thought it was the bronze material.
It would have cost much more, and the packaging would have had to be more robust.

Well it could make sense to have red and bronze rexes to mirror the vastatosaurus, the possible imaginary evolution of the rex.
Although I think a brown version would sell much more than a bronze, weird :/

It's very possible.

I would bet one is like this :

JohannesB

If the publicity photographs are anything to go by (nicely beefy, good screen accuracy, well camouflaged seam-lines etc.), the upcoming Nanmu 'buck' Tyrannosaurus rex is going to be a sure buy for me. For what I can tell, it comes closest to the W-Dragon 'Rexy', which I chose over the previous Nanmu Tyrannosaurus model for at least four reasons: 1) virtually no seam-lines visible (high production standards - also in relation to the different materials used to prevent warping or bending), 2) beautifully statuesque, 3) correct proportions, and last but not least 4) more realistic detailing, i.e. not over-textured, which would take away from the feeling of scale, or what a real Tyrannosaurus would look like at a distance. The previous Nanmu Tyrannosaurus came very close, but I hope the 'buck' T. rex will be on par with the W-Dragon 'Rexy' in accordance with the four points I mentioned above. The Nanmu 'buck' is certainly one of my mostly anticipated figures.

Vampire

Do you guys know who the artist/sculptor is/are for Nanmu? Like how Chuang Zhao is one of the main artist at PNSO.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received the Heavy Lance Sick ver. yesterday after about 10 days waiting on airline space.  Paint is just as nice as the standing version, it lives up to it's name a "heavy" piece to be sure. 

blnadal

In fact, construction of the Brachiosaurus project started as early as March this year. Our work is carried out simultaneously with multiple projects, and after evaluating the market, we will come up with a suitable product to launch at the right time.
At present, the progress of the work is 60%, and we will finish the work within the planned time.
Full information will be released in late June. If you have any good suggestions, you are welcome to leave a message at the bottom of the post.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: