News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Well, I put on my digital chest waders and slogged into the cesspit that is Facebook to seek the answer to the most important question regarding this pair:

Atractosteus spatula, the modern alligator gar

avatar_Renecito @Renecito avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy avatar_SBell @SBell you might like to see this.

For my part, I'll just stick with the Colorata alligator gar:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 29, 2021, 09:24:24 PM
Well, I put on my digital chest waders and slogged into the cesspit that is Facebook to seek the answer to the most important question regarding this pair:

avatar_Renecito @Renecito avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy avatar_SBell @SBell you might like to see this.

I haven't seen it. I take it that doesn't sound right? Don't really follow nanmu

Flaffy

Ah well, darn. That's mildly disappointing. Gonna stick with my Colorata one as well. The Favorite Co. Cuban gar has also scratched my "extant gar itch" sufficiently.

Quote from: SBell on April 29, 2021, 09:39:05 PM
I haven't seen it. I take it that doesn't sound right? Don't really follow nanmu

It's more so there are better versions of the Alligator gar on the market already. I personally prefer to collect live ones as opposed to quarry too.

Abobo

The lying down Baryonyx reminds me heavily this kit :

The head and the legs positions have disturbing similarities

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Abobo on April 30, 2021, 01:28:48 PM
The lying down Baryonyx reminds me heavily this kit :

The head and the legs positions have disturbing similarities

Might have been inspired by it a bit ( a wonderful piece, still have to paint mine. ) but the scene is a common trope in paleoart.

Flaffy

In-hand pics of the Triceratops!
While not my favourite design of the genus, it's most definitely an iconic one. Especially the infamous "sick triceratops" pose.
The details are spectacular. The paint app is simple yet effective. Much better bang for your buck compared to the overpriced, sloppy Chronicle version imo.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It really is the best you can get for the price.  Chronicle's didn't appeal to me at all. I did get the Iron Studios one though it was..pricey. I ordered the sick one and the walking normal figure..kinda thinking I need a second one for that broken horn look..seems much better than I had thought.

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on April 29, 2021, 09:39:05 PM

I think it's fine as far as it goes, but as Flaffy said I don't need a dead gar from Nanmu when I can have a live one from Colorata.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 02, 2021, 05:08:41 AM
It really is the best you can get for the price.  Chronicle's didn't appeal to me at all. I did get the Iron Studios one though it was..pricey. I ordered the sick one and the walking normal figure..kinda thinking I need a second one for that broken horn look..seems much better than I had thought.

I agree, I think this is the best JP Triceratops on the marker right now, although the Papo one is a good alternative if you can't afford the Nanmu.
I've never been a fan of the JP Triceratops, I think it takes away the gracil aspect I manage to find in that specie, so I think I'll pass.

Renecito

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 26, 2021, 08:23:11 PM
Quote from: Renecito on April 24, 2021, 06:50:52 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 21, 2021, 05:11:55 PM
Quote from: Renecito on April 17, 2021, 03:29:39 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on April 16, 2021, 11:55:13 PM
I wonder what genus/species of gar that is. Maybe it's an extinct one if we're lucky?  ;)

Yes!!! The gar is what interested me the most.  :)

Same! But didn't their mosasaur just come with a great white shark? This is probably just a tropical gar (Atractosteus tropicus), native to Costa Rica.

That would be great though, Atractosteus tropicus is also native to my country El Salvador, in fact, it is considered the National fish of El Salvador. Beautiful fish!!! But of course an extinct one would be awesome.!!!

Didn't realize you were from El Salvador! I have collected fish there. No gars, though, just cichlids, tetras, and killifishes.

[edit: And some invasive bass introduced by the United States government in the 20th century ::) ]

Wow You have been to my tiny country!!!. You are my favorite member of the site now!!!   ^-^

Thank you!, now we know for sure that it's an extant gar.
That Colorata ancient fish set is so beautiful!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

blnadal

gfxtwin

Any new updates (since mid-late April) on the V-Rex?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on May 02, 2021, 05:53:57 PM

I agree, I think this is the best JP Triceratops on the marker right now, although the Papo one is a good alternative if you can't afford the Nanmu.
I've never been a fan of the JP Triceratops, I think it takes away the gracil aspect I manage to find in that specie, so I think I'll pass.

"Gracile " is not a word I've ever associated with Triceratops, though I get your point. Jurassic Park made it overly cumbersome looking.

Quote from: gfxtwin on May 04, 2021, 04:45:10 AM

Still up for preorder.
https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/nanmu-studio-pre-order/products/nanmu-v-rex-figure

You have time though, no shipping til mid-july.

SenSx

I find the Triceratops's head gracile, it looks almost avian on some representation, like the PNSO one which is my favorite.
And yes they wanted the Triceratops to look like a tank in all aspect in JP.
Those Nanmu Triceratops are beautiful, but their bases, not so much ^^

I can't wait to see the new Buck Rex color schemes.
We all know they will make the classic Green and Brown versions, but I want an extra original limited color like they did with the Triceratops, and not just a bronze version...
An ablino, all black or red T-Rex, something like that...I know some people will buy more than one version, it will sell.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on May 04, 2021, 12:59:23 PM
I find the Triceratops's head gracile, it looks almost avian on some representation, like the PNSO one which is my favorite.
And yes they wanted the Triceratops to look like a tank in all aspect in JP.
Those Nanmu Triceratops are beautiful, but their bases, not so much ^^

I can't wait to see the new Buck Rex color schemes.
We all know they will make the classic Green and Brown versions, but I want an extra original limited color like they did with the Triceratops, and not just a bronze version...
An ablino, all black or red T-Rex, something like that...I know some people will buy more than one version, it will sell.

The base is pretty useless not sure i'll use it for this figure or just for random figures.

A red rex like the classic Kenner would be hard to pass up.  I loved its blood red description from the novel. Even painted our rex here in the park a bit based on it.

gfxtwin

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 04, 2021, 05:31:50 AM
Quote from: SenSx on May 02, 2021, 05:53:57 PM

"Gracile " is not a word I've ever associated with Triceratops, though I get your point. Jurassic Park made it overly cumbersome looking.

Quote from: gfxtwin on May 04, 2021, 04:45:10 AM

Still up for preorder.
https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/nanmu-studio-pre-order/products/nanmu-v-rex-figure

You have time though, no shipping til mid-july.

Good to know, thanks! ^_^

Shonisaurus

Nice set of triceratops, they look like a herd of half rhinoceros animals and the body looks like half cow, pig type cattle animal. It is good that they make different versions of the triceratops one does not tire of collecting such figures. Thanks for sharing the photos.

blnadal

SenSx

Good news: the Vastatosaurus will be available sooner, in early june.
Europeans like me will avoid the new taxes on it if it arrives before 1st jully.

Vegeta365

More importantly they confirmed in the comments that later this month they will share the new T Rex colour schemes  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: