News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bone crusher

Quote from: SenSx on June 25, 2021, 04:59:30 PM
Quote from: bone crusher on June 25, 2021, 04:48:38 PM
avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Ah OK, didn't realize about the licensing deal. I like JP/JW merchs but not all of them, I tend to lean towards dinos which aren't drastically different to their real world counterpart. JP3's Spino is just way too wacky to be accepted by today's science while Indominus Rex is a hybrid which I'm not into. So yeah, JWD's Giga and Rexes are my most anticipated right now.
avatar_SenSx @SenSx Also I do like W Dragon's w dragon Giraffatitan, it's one of the sauropod I'm looking into buying next.

And guys just got my very first Nanmu figure the Giganotosaurus Blue version today, and man was I blown away by the quality! I knew from the vids and pics it looks awesome but in person it's way more impressive and it's way heftier than I thought. The kind of PVC they used for it makes it feel like resin than cheap plastic.

And another question for anyone who owns both the Giga and Female T Rex, some people said the Giga is bigger in overall mass but from photos it seems like they're about the same in girth if not slightly bigger in T Rex, can anyone confirm?

I can confirm the Nanmu Giganotosaurus is taller by a good margin and has more mass than the female T-Rex to the point it dwarf it a little bit.
That was one of my disappointment with the figure.
Hopefully the new male Rex will offer a bigger counterpart to that Giga.

If you plan to get that W-Dragon Brachiosaurus don't wait too much as I've heard it is discontinued.
Thanks, shame it's smaller otherwise I would get it in a heart beat. But yeah I got the new Mountain King Buck Rex pre ordered anyway since it appears to be much stockier in the photos. Well, I'll start searching the Brachy asap then :).

KeU

And another question for anyone who owns both the Giga and Female T Rex, some people said the Giga is bigger in overall mass but from photos it seems like they're about the same in girth if not slightly bigger in T Rex, can anyone confirm?
Got a comparison photo of Nanmu's Giga, Rexy, and Spino here.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5276.msg294143#msg294143
The torso of their Giga is about the same as the Rex.
But it has a longer tail, and a much bigger head.
Which makes it look taller and larger.
Let me know if you want additional photo comparisons and how you want them to be setup.

bone crusher

Quote from: KeU on June 25, 2021, 05:42:19 PM
Got a comparison photo of Nanmu's Giga, Rexy, and Spino here.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5276.msg294143#msg294143
The torso of their Giga is about the same as the Rex.
But it has a longer tail, and a much bigger head.
Which makes it look taller and larger.
Let me know if you want additional photo comparisons and how you want them to be setup.
Aw thanks bud you're a saint. I'd appreciate if you could do some comparisons with them facing towards each other on side view, then right next to each other from a top down view and a frontal view :). Don't worry about it if you're busy, but would be cool to see cheers.

SenSx

Quote from: bone crusher on June 25, 2021, 05:21:21 PM
avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Ah OK, didn't realize about the licensing deal. I like JP/JW merchs but not all of them, I tend to lean towards dinos which aren't drastically different to their real world counterpart. JP3's Spino is just way too wacky to be accepted by today's science while Indominus Rex is a hybrid which I'm not into. So yeah, JWD's Giga and Rexes are my most anticipated right now.
avatar_SenSx @SenSx Also I do like W Dragon's w dragon Giraffatitan, it's one of the sauropod I'm looking into buying next.

And guys just got my very first Nanmu figure the Giganotosaurus Blue version today, and man was I blown away by the quality! I knew from the vids and pics it looks awesome but in person it's way more impressive and it's way heftier than I thought. The kind of PVC they used for it makes it feel like resin than cheap plastic.

I can confirm the Nanmu Giganotosaurus is taller by a good margin and has more mass than the female T-Rex to the point it dwarf it a little bit.

If you plan to get that W-Dragon Brachiosaurus don't wait too much as I've heard it is discontinued.
Thanks, shame it's smaller otherwise I would get it in a heart beat. But yeah I got the new Mountain King Buck Rex pre ordered anyway since it appears to be much stockier in the photos. Well, I'll start searching the Brachy asap then :).

Also we know that Nanmu will make a Brachiosaurus on two legs, but maybe there will be another version standing on its 4.
Maybe you want to wait and see before buying the W-Dragon, but you should make sure there are enough left.

Edit: oh it's exactly it, Nanmu has just announed the two versions, the reglurar and stanging postures.

dragon53

How many new dinosaurs does Nanmu release in a year---will Nanmu release more than the new T Rex and Brachiosaurus in 2021?

SenSx

Quote from: dragon53 on June 26, 2021, 03:05:48 PM
How many new dinosaurs does Nanmu release in a year---will Nanmu release more than the new T Rex and Brachiosaurus in 2021?

Well there is the Baryonyx that will come after the Rex, and I can't wait to see the color schemes.
Other than that, I think they teased a new version of the Indominus Rex.
If it's true I don't know if they'll manage to release it at the end of the year, and I doubt they can do more than that anyway.

blnadal

Regular posture version.
Height is about: 45CM.
More data, we will continue to update

Standing posture version.
Height is about: 50CM.
More data, we will continue to update

bone crusher

Quote from: SenSx on June 26, 2021, 01:57:16 PM
Quote from: bone crusher on June 25, 2021, 05:21:21 PM

Also we know that Nanmu will make a Brachiosaurus on two legs, but maybe there will be another version standing on its 4.
Maybe you want to wait and see before buying the W-Dragon, but you should make sure there are enough left.

Edit: oh it's exactly it, Nanmu has just announed the two versions, the reglurar and stanging postures.
I was just looking at them lately, but you know what, I'll get them both since they are after all two different closely related species. The Brachy is definitely bulkier which is scientifically accurate compared to the more slender giraffatitan.

ITdactyl

Aside from nostril placement, lips and feet; does this model pass as a real Brachiosaurus or is it still too Giraffatitan?

That stately strolling one just looks too good.

KeU

Quote from: bone crusher on June 26, 2021, 12:37:35 PM
Aw thanks bud you're a saint. I'd appreciate if you could do some comparisons with them facing towards each other on side view, then right next to each other from a top down view and a frontal view :). Don't worry about it if you're busy, but would be cool to see cheers.
Got you covered.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5276.msg294744#msg294744

dragon53

dragon53

How do the two Nanmu Brachiosarus sculpts compare to the Papo Brachiosaurus sculpt?

bone crusher

Quote from: KeU on June 26, 2021, 11:04:07 PM
Quote from: bone crusher on June 26, 2021, 12:37:35 PM
Got you covered.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5276.msg294744#msg294744
Great comparison, thanks man!
The T Rex is simply undersized and way too skinny. I'm glad the new bull rex is fixing that problem in spades and then it'll be a perfect companion piece to the Giga with good scaling. Funny the Spino looks small compared to those two, I thought it's supposed to be monstrously big in the movie next to the T Rex.

bone crusher

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 26, 2021, 06:24:07 PM
Aside from nostril placement, lips and feet; does this model pass as a real Brachiosaurus or is it still too Giraffatitan?

That stately strolling one just looks too good.
Did some comparison, Nanmu is 45cm vs WD's 43cm in height. The Nanmu model is definitely much bulkier and even at same height it's still bulkier by a fair margin with a stockier proportion. So that's a pretty good deviation from Giraffatitan I say and more Brachy.

ITdactyl

JohannesB

We can be certain it will be hollow (like the Apatosaurus)? Anyway, I won't get it for myself. I kind of regret never getting the W-Dragon one, and that is the superior one for me.

SenSx

Quote from: Archosaur on June 27, 2021, 02:47:07 PM
We can be certain it will be hollow (like the Apatosaurus)? Anyway, I won't get it for myself. I kind of regret never getting the W-Dragon one, and that is the superior one for me.

No they confirmed it won't be hollow this time, and I think you can still grap the W-Dragon somewhere.
I will personnally keep my W-Dragon as well, it is the more accurate.
I don't always give preference to accuracy, but in that case I do.

JohannesB

Quote from: SenSx on June 27, 2021, 02:57:22 PM
Quote from: Archosaur on June 27, 2021, 02:47:07 PM

No they confirmed it won't be hollow this time, and I think you can still grap the W-Dragon somewhere.
I will personnally keep my W-Dragon as well, it is the more accurate.
I don't always give preference to accuracy, but in that case I do.

Thank you for enlightening me  8)

P.S. Now that I am thinking of it, I think I would not mind getting the "rearing" Brachiosaurus, since it is so different from other Brachiosaurus figures and quite funny and interesting too, in a way  ;D

Shonisaurus

I assume that each brachiosaurus will have its version of paint as the apatosaurus in short, two brachiosaurus in different postures with two versions of color (my guess). The size will be hollow and the raised brachiosaurus will stand on a resin base. They are quite interesting non-scientific brachiosaurus based on the JP / JW saga.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 28, 2021, 11:08:20 AM
I assume that each brachiosaurus will have its version of paint as the apatosaurus in short, two brachiosaurus in different postures with two versions of color (my guess). The size will be hollow and the raised brachiosaurus will stand on a resin base. They are quite interesting non-scientific brachiosaurus based on the JP / JW saga.

I would almost guarantee the rearing one will be in JP brown/grey. One other color scheme will be the male version from TLW. Not sure on a third yet.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: