News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baby Sinclair

Quote from: bone crusher on July 10, 2021, 12:58:32 PM
So it seems like people are mainly concerned about space and having already owned their previous T Rex models. But what if in a scenario where those factors are non existent such as in my situation? Would you guys still consider owning all three or at least two?

I am likely to go for Mountain in addition to Future (green) HOWEVER I'm tempted to wait until after their release to view customer images to see if the paint work is as vivid as the promotional images suggest. (Obsidian is cool, the brow reminding me of a Gremlin from 'The New Batch', but it's not black... the red throat is awesome but I just don't know, I was underwhelmed I'm afraid.) I have both Gigas and they are both absolutely stunning, probably my favourites. I also have all 3 Vastatosaurus Rexes, and I have 2 of the Triceratops colours, brown and Holstein (not including my sick girl). It's your collection, as long as you have the space and the money enjoy the hobby and purchase what appeals to you.

On a different note...
Does anyone have any idea what material will be used for the rearing Brachiosaurus? Nanmu's standard Trikes are PVC like their other figures and this is what I anticipate for the standard Brach, but the sick Trike was resin and therefore (sadly) arrived with the curse of the Sick Trike: a broken horn. Need I worry about a resin rearing Brachiosaurus which may arrive decapitated, or will all Brachs be made of PVC?
Roberta forever <3

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Baby Sinclair on July 14, 2021, 10:43:32 PM
So it seems like people are mainly concerned about space and having already owned their previous T Rex models. But what if in a scenario where those factors are non existent such as in my situation? Would you guys still consider owning all three or at least two?

I am likely to go for Mountain in addition to Future (green) HOWEVER I'm tempted to wait until after their release to view customer images to see if the paint work is as vivid as the promotional images suggest. (Obsidian is cool, the brow reminding me of a Gremlin from 'The New Batch', but it's not black... the red throat is awesome but I just don't know, I was underwhelmed I'm afraid.) I have both Gigas and they are both absolutely stunning, probably my favourites. I also have all 3 Vastatosaurus Rexes, and I have 2 of the Triceratops colours, brown and Holstein (not including my sick girl). It's your collection, as long as you have the space and the money enjoy the hobby and purchase what appeals to you.

On a different note...
Does anyone have any idea what material will be used for the rearing Brachiosaurus? Nanmu's standard Trikes are PVC like their other figures and this is what I anticipate for the standard Brach, but the sick Trike was resin and therefore (sadly) arrived with the curse of the Sick Trike: a broken horn. Need I worry about a resin rearing Brachiosaurus which may arrive decapitated, or will all Brachs be made of PVC?

Not sure on the Brachio yet..they did say it wouldn't be hollow. I'm thinking it will need pegs to stay upright?  Either way I would hope it's packaged better.

bone crusher

On a different note...
Very valid point you got there, their Giga's paint really wowed me so I'm sorta going in with blind faith :), if all three of the rexes have on point paint like the promo pics then it's very likely I'll be triple dipping lol. But yeah, can't wait to see some in hand reviews.

Baby Sinclair

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 15, 2021, 05:08:01 AM

Not sure on the Brachio yet..they did say it wouldn't be hollow. I'm thinking it will need pegs to stay upright?  Either way I would hope it's packaged better.

Yeah, after the controversy with the Mosa I think Nanmu is steering clear of hollow figures. Personally I am glad the Mosa is hollow because once I clear a couple of DVD/book shelves (to dedicate to displying my Nanmu collection) I want to suspent my Mosa as other collectors have done, but I wouldn't want hollow Brachiosaurs. To begin with, the full body should counter any possibility of balance issues by giving the standing Brach a low center of gravity. I also believe this it will assist the rearing Brach, but I agree that pegs are probably a neccessity for the rearing figure. My Gigas stand perfectly and probably didn't need the pegs fitted to their bases (like the Vastas, which are pegless) but I wouldn't want to risk a broken Brach should it topple.

Quote from: bone crusher on July 15, 2021, 02:52:23 PM
Very valid point you got there, their Giga's paint really wowed me so I'm sorta going in with blind faith :), if all three of the rexes have on point paint like the promo pics then it's very likely I'll be triple dipping lol. But yeah, can't wait to see some in hand reviews.

The Gigas were stunning but I felt that the paint work for the green and red Vastatosaurus Rexes were not as vivid as the promotional images; the colours were not as rich as I had expected and the contrast between the upper colour and the underside was not as striking, and the paint job on my red Carnotaurus looked a bit washed out.

I suppose it's a bit hit and miss with the paint work, but the sculpts are so stunning that even when the paint jobs leave you a little deflated you still admire the craftmanship and beauty of Nanmu's products.
Roberta forever <3

Baby Sinclair

Sorry for the double post but I have to ask - does anyone know if Everything Dinosaur will stock the Sick Trike? I received mine from Lanatime yesterday but she is damaged, so I could either request an exchange in the hope of better luck next time, or request a refund and purchase a Sick Trike from ED in the hope that domestic delivery will result in an undamaged dinosaur.
Roberta forever <3

bone crusher

Quote from: Baby Sinclair on July 15, 2021, 07:15:41 PM

The Gigas were stunning but I felt that the paint work for the green and red Vastatosaurus Rexes were not as vivid as the promotional images; the colours were not as rich as I had expected and the contrast between the upper colour and the underside was not as striking, and the paint job on my red Carnotaurus looked a bit washed out.

I suppose it's a bit hit and miss with the paint work, but the sculpts are so stunning that even when the paint jobs leave you a little deflated you still admire the craftmanship and beauty of Nanmu's products.
Exactly right, I can live with a bit of blemishes here and there in the paint as long as they're not too deviated from the prototype. The sculpt of the new Rex truly is awesome tho.

Jorge Mario

Blade-of-the-Moon

Takama

For those wondering NANMU announced a Parasaurolophus

Over9K

Faelrin

Glad to see them finally do it. I was wondering when they would get to it. I'm honestly very glad at how balanced they've been with releasing the theropods and the herbivores overall. Now I just wonder what the colorations will be?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on July 19, 2021, 11:55:40 PM
Glad to see them finally do it. I was wondering when they would get to it. I'm honestly very glad at how balanced they've been with releasing the theropods and the herbivores overall. Now I just wonder what the colorations will be?

I would guess JP1 green and TLW brown?  Now a Camp Cretaceous bioluminescent paint scheme would also be VERY welcome.

Shonisaurus

I hope it's the best-made non-scientific parasaurolophus to date. Nanmu has the capacity for it.

dragon53

I have three questions:

1. I just bought my first Nanmu (blue Giganotosaurus) recently, so I'm not really familiar with Nanmu----does Nanmu pick its dinosaurs only from the JURASSIC PARK/JURASSIC WORLD franchise?

2. If so, what JP/JW dinosaurs might Nanmu release in the future?

3. Are Siats and Acrocanthosaurus in the JP/JW franchise?

Ikessauro

Quote from: dragon53 on July 20, 2021, 02:31:57 PM
I have three questions:

1. I just bought my first Nanmu (blue Giganotosaurus) recently, so I'm not really familiar with Nanmu----does Nanmu pick its dinosaurs only from the JURASSIC PARK/JURASSIC WORLD franchise?

Yes, Mostly Jurassic Park dinos, but they recently done a Vastatosaurus from King Kong too.
Male T.rex, Brachiosaurus and Parasaurolophus are on the way. They will probably make all dinos that appear in the movies, but so far nothing suggests they will do dinos from games or Camp Cretaceous.
Not yet. Siats is only a toy from Mattel, but since it is not in the movies, I don't think Nanmu will make one so soon.

dragon53

IKESSAURO:

Thanks for the info. I saw the Mattel Siats and thought it was in one of the recent JP/JW editions and wondered if if Nanmu might release their own Siats.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

bone crusher

Quote from: Ikessauro on July 20, 2021, 03:14:09 PM
I have three questions:

Yes, Mostly Jurassic Park dinos, but they recently done a Vastatosaurus from King Kong too.
Male T.rex, Brachiosaurus and Parasaurolophus are on the way. They will probably make all dinos that appear in the movies, but so far nothing suggests they will do dinos from games or Camp Cretaceous.
Not yet. Siats is only a toy from Mattel, but since it is not in the movies, I don't think Nanmu will make one so soon.
I sure hope Nanmu would go all out with Dominion dinos, new Giga, new Rex, Dreadnoughtus, quetzalcoatlus, therizinosaurus, Suchomimus oh boy.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: bone crusher on July 21, 2021, 02:38:37 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on July 20, 2021, 03:14:09 PM
I have three questions:

I sure hope Nanmu would go all out with Dominion dinos, new Giga, new Rex, Dreadnoughtus, quetzalcoatlus, therizinosaurus, Suchomimus oh boy.
Yes, Dominion Giga by Nanmu would be very cool.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Abobo

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: