News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Ouch those are pricey OO
Glad I'm just getting the green, but congrats to the ones who will purchase the montain variant, I really love it.

I wonder if I should preorder on Lana to secure this item, or wait for Aliexpress offer.
It could be a little cheaper there, but I don't want to miss it, it will probably sell fast.

Abobo

I'm not worried at all myself about the availability.
waiting for this beast to show up on Ali

SenSx

Quote from: Abobo on June 21, 2021, 11:50:32 AM

Yes you're probably right, especially since I want to buy the version with base.
Most people will buy without it given the price.

dragon53

I have two questions:

1. Do Nanmu dinosaurs have lower prices on AliExpress than Lana Time Shop?........(I'm asking because I rarely look at AliExpress).

2. Lana Time Shop mentions "promotions" when you sign up their newsletter---has anyone ever received a promotion (possibly a discount code) from them?

Vampire

Grabbed the Obsidian with base from Lana. Gonna use it as a reference for my own scale model rex project. First Nanmu figure I ever bought, actually.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on June 21, 2021, 02:05:17 PM
Quote from: Abobo on June 21, 2021, 11:50:32 AM

Yes you're probably right, especially since I want to buy the version with base.
Most people will buy without it given the price.

I don't really trust Ali as much as Lana, they have been quick to help in situations, custom shipping options, just great to deal with all around.   I'm getting the base, regretted not getting the Giga one.

Quote from: dragon53 on June 21, 2021, 02:27:34 PM
I have two questions:

1. Do Nanmu dinosaurs have lower prices on AliExpress than Lana Time Shop?........(I'm asking because I rarely look at AliExpress).

2. Lana Time Shop mentions "promotions" when you sign up their newsletter---has anyone ever received a promotion (possibly a discount code) from them?

1. Maybe? I think it depends. Lana factors in a lot, has tracking on their shipments, and I haven't had more than a two week wait for their very cheap shipping.

2. That I never have received.

SenSx

Quote from: dragon53 on June 21, 2021, 02:27:34 PM
I have two questions:

I've compared the two several times.
Lana is slightly more expansive on most of their products, but usually not that much, around 6 dollars (Nanmu or other products like PNSO).
But for the V-Rex with base I noticed a difference of 15,50 dollars with the cheapest seller on Aliexpress.
And just noticed the same for the female T-Rex right now (but maybe they lowered their price recently).
So maybe their biggest pieces have a bigger gap in price.

However the faster shipping option Lana is giving (you have to ask them) is much more affordable than what Aliexpress' sellers offer, if you're interested in that.

My last orders on Aliexpress were perfect, so I might try it again.
I just hope they can help if there is any issue on the figure like damage...I don't trust Aliexpress support as much as Ebay, and for such a big orders it can count, so I still have some hesitations...
Maybe other collectors who encountered issues with the figures they bought on Aliexpress can tell if the sellers are friendly in those situations.

blnadal

Carnoking

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE MOON and SENSX:

Thanks for the info.
If I can find a T Rex with the stand for $15 less on AliExpress than Lana Time, I might get it.

It's available on ebay now.

Over9K

Check it out, BBTS has priced the Mountain King DX Ver. $10 less than the other two DX versions. They're asking $89.99, the same price they're asking for all three standard vers. I wonder how they'll deal with that, once they realize it...

EDIT: BBTS has realized the problem and fixed the price on the item page. As it stands now, I'm still getting it at the $89.99 price, according to my acct. page.

Abobo

For information,
I contacted some trusted stores on AliExpress about the pre-orders for the OAFK, so far I got 2 answers :

MyOnlineToyStore : "Hi,it come out in Aug"

TGoldenSky : "Hi,it will come out after 2 Month"

so the "king" won't show up until August on Ali

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on June 23, 2021, 04:10:32 AM
Check it out, BBTS has priced the Mountain King DX Ver. $10 less than the other two DX versions. They're asking $89.99, the same price they're asking for all three standard vers. I wonder how they'll deal with that, once they realize it...

EDIT: BBTS has realized the problem and fixed the price on the item page. As it stands now, I'm still getting it at the $89.99 price, according to my acct. page.

BBTS is pretty good about that, if they make a mistake they will honor it.

bone crusher

So I've only just started collecting Nanmu figures recently, being primarily a X-Plus, Prime 1, Sideshow and Ironstudio collector. Nanmu's 1/35 scale models looked really interesting and definitely punch above its weight. Bought a Giga Blue version and pre-ordered the Mountain King Rex with base. I've done some thorough researches on all the popular brands such as PNSO, Rebor, Papo, Safari LTD and Vitae. Yeah I feel like Nanmu's sculpt detail, paint quality and design are simply the best like it's so far ahead of the competition it's not funny. But of course I know it's not the most accurate but hey they don't deviate too much from the real thing either.
One of the biggest reason I got into collecting Nanmu is the variety of theropod dinos and at a price range where you can collect them all. My dream roster for megatheropod from Nanmu would be: T.Rex, Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Mapusaurus, Suchumimus, Acrocanthesaurus and maybe Tyrannotitan. Hopefully one day this dream will be realized :).

SenSx

Quote from: bone crusher on June 24, 2021, 04:32:37 PM
So I've only just started collecting Nanmu figures recently, being primarily a X-Plus, Prime 1, Sideshow and Ironstudio collector. Nanmu's 1/35 scale models looked really interesting and definitely punch above its weight. Bought a Giga Blue version and pre-ordered the Mountain King Rex with base. I've done some thorough researches on all the popular brands such as PNSO, Rebor, Papo, Safari LTD and Vitae. Yeah I feel like Nanmu's sculpt detail, paint quality and design are simply the best like it's so far ahead of the competition it's not funny. But of course I know it's not the most accurate but hey they don't deviate too much from the real thing either.
One of the biggest reason I got into collecting Nanmu is the variety of theropod dinos and at a price range where you can collect them all. My dream roster for megatheropod from Nanmu would be: T.Rex, Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Mapusaurus, Suchumimus, Acrocanthesaurus and maybe Tyrannotitan. Hopefully one day this dream will be realized :).

Unfortunately I doubt Nanmu will make obscure dinosaurs for the casual crowd like the ones you listed (I definitely want a Suchomimus).
I see them more deviating to the fiction monsters like Godzilla and such.
But there is till JW3  figures coming ahead and there are still many herbivores missing.
They could make Velociraptor and other smaller species in bigger scale as well.

You should check W-Dragon figures as well, they are on the level of Nanmu in my opinion, they just don't have their fire power and can't keep up with Nanmu's pace at releasing new items.

bone crusher

Quote from: SenSx on June 24, 2021, 05:39:43 PM

Unfortunately I doubt Nanmu will make obscure dinosaurs for the casual crowd like the ones you listed (I definitely want a Suchomimus).
But there is till JW3  figures coming ahead and there are still many herbivores missing.

You should check W-Dragon figures as well, they are on the level of Nanmu in my opinion, they just don't have their fire power and can't keep up with Nanmu's pace at releasing new items.
Nanmu is definitely making waves right now and it's not surprising they'll branch out to even more franchises but it would also be foolish of them for not tapping into more potentials in the paleo world, why stop while you're on the top right? And just the fact where there's money to be made, they will keep on doing it. But yeah I'm just keeping optimistic :). JWD would be like a honey pot for them, the Giga, ancient T Rex, updated Rexy, oh mine!

I've seen some comparison vids for W-Dragon and Nanmu, honestly Nanmu is head and shoulder above it in sculpt, paint job and size. Don't get me wrong, WD figures are quite decent on their own but if Nanmu does a better job while being $10 cheaper it's a no brainer for me. Unless of course WD offers more species Nanmu doesn't, then I'll be happily purchase them by all means. That said WD's 1/20 male Rex looks pretty amazing, would've gotten that if I didn't have the Sideshow Tyrant Lizard King and Ironstudio's 1/10 Breakout Rex.

SenSx

Quote from: bone crusher on June 25, 2021, 04:20:14 AM
Quote from: SenSx on June 24, 2021, 05:39:43 PM

Nanmu is definitely making waves right now and it's not surprising they'll branch out to even more franchises but it would also be foolish of them for not tapping into more potentials in the paleo world, why stop while you're on the top right? And just the fact where there's money to be made, they will keep on doing it. But yeah I'm just keeping optimistic :). JWD would be like a honey pot for them, the Giga, ancient T Rex, updated Rexy, oh mine!

I've seen some comparison vids for W-Dragon and Nanmu, honestly Nanmu is head and shoulder above it in sculpt, paint job and size. Don't get me wrong, WD figures are quite decent on their own but if Nanmu does a better job while being $10 cheaper it's a no brainer for me. Unless of course WD offers more species Nanmu doesn't, then I'll be happily purchase them by all means. That said WD's 1/20 male Rex looks pretty amazing, would've gotten that if I didn't have the Sideshow Tyrant Lizard King and Ironstudio's 1/10 Breakout Rex.

It really depends of the figures and tastes.
Their Spinosaurus is amazing, although I personally prefer the Nanmu, but I like the W-Dragon allosaurus more than the Nanmu one.
They also have a great Brachiosaurus, and it looks like Nanmu chose the dynamic pose for this one (that I dislike), so I'll just keep the W-Dragon.
And of course, the W-Dragon Giganotosaurus is one of my favorite figure in my collection.
I's a bit small compare to the Nanmu, but the Nanmu is far too big :/
Still, I had to own both, and I like to pretend the W-Dragon is a Carcharodontosaurus given the smaller size.

Psittacoraptor

@bonecrusher W-Dragon's figures, at least the upcoming ones, are licensed. Licensed figures need to be approved by the licensor. That takes time, and the license itself adds to the price. So W-Dragon probably won't be able to match Nanmu's prices. But you get official JP/JW merch if that's something you care about.

bone crusher

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Ah OK, didn't realize about the licensing deal. I like JP/JW merchs but not all of them, I tend to lean towards dinos which aren't drastically different to their real world counterpart. JP3's Spino is just way too wacky to be accepted by today's science while Indominus Rex is a hybrid which I'm not into. So yeah, JWD's Giga and Rexes are my most anticipated right now.
avatar_SenSx @SenSx Also I do like W Dragon's w dragon Giraffatitan, it's one of the sauropod I'm looking into buying next.

And guys just got my very first Nanmu figure the Giganotosaurus Blue version today, and man was I blown away by the quality! I knew from the vids and pics it looks awesome but in person it's way more impressive and it's way heftier than I thought. The kind of PVC they used for it makes it feel like resin than cheap plastic.

And another question for anyone who owns both the Giga and Female T Rex, some people said the Giga is bigger in overall mass but from photos it seems like they're about the same in girth if not slightly bigger in T Rex, can anyone confirm?

SenSx

Quote from: bone crusher on June 25, 2021, 04:48:38 PM
avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Ah OK, didn't realize about the licensing deal. I like JP/JW merchs but not all of them, I tend to lean towards dinos which aren't drastically different to their real world counterpart. JP3's Spino is just way too wacky to be accepted by today's science while Indominus Rex is a hybrid which I'm not into. So yeah, JWD's Giga and Rexes are my most anticipated right now.
avatar_SenSx @SenSx Also I do like W Dragon's w dragon Giraffatitan, it's one of the sauropod I'm looking into buying next.

And guys just got my very first Nanmu figure the Giganotosaurus Blue version today, and man was I blown away by the quality! I knew from the vids and pics it looks awesome but in person it's way more impressive and it's way heftier than I thought. The kind of PVC they used for it makes it feel like resin than cheap plastic.

And another question for anyone who owns both the Giga and Female T Rex, some people said the Giga is bigger in overall mass but from photos it seems like they're about the same in girth if not slightly bigger in T Rex, can anyone confirm?

I can confirm the Nanmu Giganotosaurus is taller by a good margin and has more mass than the female T-Rex to the point it dwarf it a little bit.
That was one of my disappointment with the figure.
Hopefully the new male Rex will offer a bigger counterpart to that Giga.

If you plan to get that W-Dragon Brachiosaurus don't wait too much as I've heard it is discontinued.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: