News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 28, 2021, 12:39:56 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 28, 2021, 11:08:20 AM
I assume that each brachiosaurus will have its version of paint as the apatosaurus in short, two brachiosaurus in different postures with two versions of color (my guess). The size will be hollow and the raised brachiosaurus will stand on a resin base. They are quite interesting non-scientific brachiosaurus based on the JP / JW saga.

I would almost guarantee the rearing one will be in JP brown/grey. One other color scheme will be the male version from TLW. Not sure on a third yet.

I think you mean JP3   Thers no Brach in TLW   Just Mamenchisaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on June 28, 2021, 05:00:18 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 28, 2021, 12:39:56 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 28, 2021, 11:08:20 AM
I assume that each brachiosaurus will have its version of paint as the apatosaurus in short, two brachiosaurus in different postures with two versions of color (my guess). The size will be hollow and the raised brachiosaurus will stand on a resin base. They are quite interesting non-scientific brachiosaurus based on the JP / JW saga.

I would almost guarantee the rearing one will be in JP brown/grey. One other color scheme will be the male version from TLW. Not sure on a third yet.

I think you mean JP3   Thers no Brach in TLW   Just Mamenchisaurus

Yep that's what I meant. My head has been out of sorts with all the medication lately.

blnadal

blnadal

Today's news is about Santiago&Calypso.
1. The product has entered the preparatory work for mass production.
2. We have raised the standard of the production process.
3.Santiago 's legs are strong, but we will still do more tests in the hot summer.

blnadal

JohannesB

In my opinion this Brachiosaurus looks fine as it is (unpainted) ;-)

bone crusher

Awesome sculpts, when can we expect to see the final painted version of Brachiosaurus?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: bone crusher on July 08, 2021, 02:11:08 PM
Awesome sculpts, when can we expect to see the final painted version of Brachiosaurus?

I would guess sometime after the Baryonyx set is shown painted as it was next on the list.

bone crusher

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 08, 2021, 03:43:28 PM

I would guess sometime after the Baryonyx set is shown painted as it was next on the list.
Oh, didn't know that, thought it's before Baryonyx for some reason. Well, good thing we'll see the painted Barys soon I suppose.

SenSx

Quote from: bone crusher on July 08, 2021, 04:10:44 PM

Oh, didn't know that, thought it's before Baryonyx for some reason. Well, good thing we'll see the painted Barys soon I suppose.

No, they've been promoting the Brachiosaurus a lot lately, but Baryonyx was announced first and will be released before Brachiosaurus (I would guess in October/November).
Nanmu Baryonyx is my personnal most wanted, can't wait for the color schemes.

bone crusher

Quote from: SenSx on July 08, 2021, 06:11:13 PM

No, they've been promoting the Brachiosaurus a lot lately, but Baryonyx was announced first and will be released before Brachiosaurus (I would guess in October/November).
Gotcha, Baryonyx does look sweet, hope the paint scheme would look interesting too, say one vibrant for the male and a more subdued for the female?
For me my most anticipated is the new Bull Rex, god can't wait to put that next to me Giga and Spino.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: bone crusher on July 09, 2021, 04:00:31 AM

Gotcha, Baryonyx does look sweet, hope the paint scheme would look interesting too, say one vibrant for the male and a more subdued for the female?
For me my most anticipated is the new Bull Rex, god can't wait to put that next to me Giga and Spino.

I'm kinda hoping they do the Camp Cretaceous colors, the single one can be Grim and the pair can be Chaos ( reg JW Color scheme) and Limbo.  this would allow us to buy all three .

bone crusher

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 09, 2021, 04:43:09 AM

I'm kinda hoping they do the Camp Cretaceous colors, the single one can be Grim and the pair can be Chaos ( reg JW Color scheme) and Limbo.  this would allow us to buy all three .
Speaking of triple dipping, who's buying all three or two of the new Once a King T.Rex variants? I got the Mountain King variant POed, very tempted to get the other two before they all sold out. It's just everything about those three variants look so perfect to me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: bone crusher on July 09, 2021, 02:36:12 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 09, 2021, 04:43:09 AM

Speaking of triple dipping, who's buying all three or two of the new Once a King T.Rex variants? I got the Mountain King variant POed, very tempted to get the other two before they all sold out. It's just everything about those three variants look so perfect to me.

I like em, but it's hard to justify the space. I did buy all three of the original Rex variants but they gave you a deal then. Since I've sold the male color scheme to make room for this male.

dragon53

Will the green T-Rex with the base and figure sell out in preorder?

PhilSauria

Well I have the green T-rex (with base) on pre-order over here, so that's one less.

I see the Jurassic Park creatures more as movie monsters than paleo figures so I went for the more movie accurate colours, well as much as any of these ever match the films. But I am very impressed with the quality of the Nanmu figures that I have so far and I have no reason to think this one will be any different. Should look very imposing up on display.

SenSx

I will be getting only the green Rex with base, I don't need more than one as I alwready own the brown female, and space is becoming a serious concern of mine.

As for the Baryonyx, I'm only waiting for the movie color scheme I really love.
However you will think I'm crazy since I've been among the most enthusiasic, but I'm hesitating to get that Nanmu Baryonyx now.
I started as a JP fan, but I am more and more leaning towards scientific accuracy, and that vision of the animal does not seem to be very faithfull to what it probably really was.
I have to choose between the Nanmu movie monster Baryonyx (as you said PhilSauria) or keeping my accurate Safari one and eventually repaint it, I don't have enough space for both.
I have to wait and see, but if the Nanmu's end up being too big on top of that, my choice will probaby be done, or maybe the finalized figure will convince me to get it.

bone crusher

So it seems like people are mainly concerned about space and having already owned their previous T Rex models. But what if in a scenario where those factors are non existent such as in my situation? Would you guys still consider owning all three or at least two?

SenSx

Quote from: bone crusher on July 10, 2021, 12:58:32 PM
So it seems like people are mainly concerned about space and having already owned their previous T Rex models. But what if in a scenario where those factors are non existent such as in my situation? Would you guys still consider owning all three or at least two?

No I wouldn't, because even with pretty paint jobs they are the same figures, I would consider buying other rexes from other compagnies if I needed more, but not 3 times the same.
I only do that sometimes for small figures that do not cost an arm and that are portrayed to hunt or live toguether (JP Velociraptors), at least in the movies...
But the new brown mountain Rex variant is really beautiful I give you that, I just prefer screen accuracy at the time.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on July 09, 2021, 11:06:10 PM

Will the green T-Rex with the base and figure sell out in preorder?

doubtful, but it may take a bit longer to get if they sell out the first run.

Quote from: bone crusher on July 10, 2021, 12:58:32 PM

It's really up to you. I've found there is ALWAYS something new to collect. So thats something to keep in mind.  Recall the old cartoon where the dealer just sold the guy the brand new car only to have an even better one put out as soon as drives off the lot.  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: