News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeadlymoose

Quote from: Bread on September 06, 2021, 06:34:38 PM
Has anyone ever ordered from Lana time's website instead of their ebay shop? I ordered Nanmu's Stegosaurus a few days ago but I have yet to see any movement. I even emailed them but no response yet. I am a first time buyer from them, just wondering if I should have any concerns, thank you.

Note: I posted this under Nanmu as I have seen most members here order from Lana.

I've had the same experience as others. I've never ordered a Nanmu figure, but I've ordered several times from Lana, and they've been steadfastly reliable but extremely slow, slower than Aliexpress typically. Once the package starts moving, it will still be extremely slow, and may end up at the wrong shipping centers two or three times before it gets to you. Worth it for my budget, but YMMV.

Bread

Quoting from Nanmu's instagram page:
"Happy Weekend!
We bring you Nanmu news:
1. Santiago&Calypso couple will open for pre-sale next week. Provides more options.
2. The Once and Future King series will be shipped to dealers on September 15-22, so you can calculate when you will receive them.
3. Brachiosaurus statue in standing position, we have designed a coloring scheme. I hope you like it.
4. Have a nice day."

I did not include the Santiago&Calypso couple images since we have already seen those before.
Brachiosaurus color scheme looks lovely. If I am correct, the official JP colors are just a solid tan, but if anything Nanmu have improved upon it. Definitely going to start saving up for this beauty.
The boxes for Once and Future King are quite nice. I guess in case of any dealer sending you the wrong color scheme by mistake, you will know when you look at the box. Future (TLW color scheme) is green, Obsidian black, and mountain is an orange/brown mix.

Bread

Also, I noticed one thing that bothers me on the Brachiosaurus: the shiny black painted toe claws (if that's what you call them). Seems a little distracting but hopefully its not as shiny in hand. Easy paint fix up if anything.

Carnoking

Oh my :o
I am a little confused by their statements regarding the Baryonyx duo after seeing the images. Will more paint schemes be revealed with pre-orders? Or are they saying you can now choose between a set with calypso reclining and Santiago standing and vis versa?

Psittacoraptor

Very impressive models, but I'm tired of brown dinosaurs so I'll pass on them.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on September 11, 2021, 01:59:19 PM
Oh my :o
I am a little confused by their statements regarding the Baryonyx duo after seeing the images. Will more paint schemes be revealed with pre-orders? Or are they saying you can now choose between a set with calypso reclining and Santiago standing and vis versa?
I think you are correct, the duo will just be altering. Whether you want Calypso to be reclining followed by Santiago standing, or the other way around. Only two color schemes for each model. 

bone crusher

So basically another month to wait before I can get my hands on the Bull Rex, that's OK tho, I've only waited for so long. Wonder when the first YT review would pop up.

Over9K

Quote from: bone crusher on September 12, 2021, 07:29:24 AM
So basically another month to wait before I can get my hands on the Bull Rex, that's OK tho, I've only waited for so long. Wonder when the first YT review would pop up.

Yeah, unless your order is through BBTS... then you'll be lucky to see it before Christmas.

bone crusher

Quote from: Over9K on September 12, 2021, 08:09:36 AM

Yeah, unless your order is through BBTS... then you'll be lucky to see it before Christmas.

Luckily not lol. I don't order from them unless I'm truly desperate.

SenSx

Yep, can't wait for that beast.
I'm less interested in the Bary now, but I'm very curious to see how big they made it in the end, did they really listen to the critics and toned it down, is it still a bit too large compare to the rest of the line ?

dragon53

Will the Brachiosaurus be released in a second color?

Bread

Quote from: bone crusher on September 12, 2021, 11:45:27 AM

If you ordered it from Dan's, it may be a month or so (maybe even less?). That's what I am hoping at least.

Quote from: dragon53 on September 12, 2021, 02:38:19 PM
I think the Brachiosaurus will only have 1 color scheme due to how massive it, followed by the fact it will have one extreme pose followed by one walking standard pose.

bone crusher

Quote from: Bread on September 12, 2021, 04:25:44 PM
Quote from: bone crusher on September 12, 2021, 11:45:27 AM

If you ordered it from Dan's, it may be a month or so (maybe even less?). That's what I am hoping at least.

Quote from: dragon53 on September 12, 2021, 02:38:19 PM
I think the Brachiosaurus will only have 1 color scheme due to how massive it, followed by the fact it will have one extreme pose followed by one walking standard pose.
I actually ordered from Sugo Toys in Australia, they've been super reliable so far but let's see how fast they could receive it this time.

Over9K

First in-hand images of The Once And Future King have appeared on Weibo... and it looks like we're going to be hearing a lot about standing issues...

Abobo

the classic green Buck is clearly the best (the obsidian looks a little dull and I'm not a fan of the blue eyes on the Mountain variant)
case closed! going with the green  :))

Abobo

NM

Carnoking

Nanmu seem to "engineer" their dinos in a way that prevents balance issues, with the only exception I can think of being the allosaurus which has bent over time. As I recall, the Giganotosaurus had some special components added to reinforce the legs and prevent warping. Whereas this one seems the most front heavy, I think the fact that it's a solid piece (as a opposed to a heavy front half and lighter, rubber tail) will help even it out.

JohannesB

That base looks like it was an afterthought, since it was not engineered with the position of the feet in mind, it seems. Well, that makes it much easier to order it without a base (if I decide to acquire it at all, with so many other possible beautiful buys out there...). The dinosaur model itself looks very nice.

Edit: the base seems to have a pin on it (like the W-Dragon "Rexy"), which makes my remark about stability issues moot.

Bread

I completely agree with avatar_Abobo @Abobo about the color variants.
I feel like all of these in final production got toned down with their colors a little bit, and the Future (TLW) variant being the one to actually benefit from it. I even thought throughout their promo images, their Future variant's colors seemed too bright and non faded compared to the actual Buck from TLW. Then again, these are not licensed figures so I wouldn't have mind regardless if it was the other way around.

Glad I went without the base because it seems like the back left foot will not rest nicely on the base. I don't think there will be too many standing issues with this one, but it may have a slight tendency to wobble or shake if something bumps up against a collectors shelf/desk just like their past Tyrannosaurus.

I can't wait for this one to arrive!

JohannesB

Quote from: Bread on September 14, 2021, 01:16:58 PM
I completely agree with avatar_Abobo @Abobo about the color variants.
I feel like all of these in final production got toned down with their colors a little bit, and the Future (TLW) variant being the one to actually benefit from it. I even thought throughout their promo images, their Future variant's colors seemed too bright and non faded compared to the actual Buck from TLW. Then again, these are not licensed figures so I wouldn't have mind regardless if it was the other way around.

Glad I went without the base because it seems like the back left foot will not rest nicely on the base. I don't think there will be too many standing issues with this one, but it may have a slight tendency to wobble or shake if something bumps up against a collectors shelf/desk just like their past Tyrannosaurus.

I can't wait for this one to arrive!

If I am correct, he pin on the base will take care of stability (I assume).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: