News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Honestly hoping for something non-dinosaur and it does look more dragon-y to me. Between the upcoming bull rex, double trouble Baryonyx, brach, and Parasaurolophus, I think I'm going to be tapped out with Nanmu

SenSx

I know many people are waiting for a Godzilla figure, but I hope it is a dragon.
I have none, and I've said to myself that I would need one as gem for my collection...but it would have to be a bit bigger than 1/35.

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on September 03, 2021, 11:42:11 AM
I know many people are waiting for a Godzilla figure, but I hope it is a dragon.
I have none, and I've said to myself that I would need one as gem for my collection...but it would have to be a bit bigger than 1/35.
I am also hoping for a dragon and I too am I on the same boat. Especially one being a somewhat affordable Smaug. Regardless if it is or isn't Smaug, a nice and beautifully detailed dragon in the collection just seems right to have.

Over9K

That Code: Zero thing really has me wondering... I feel like referencing "Monster Zero" AKA King Ghidorah is a bit on the nose, so I'm kind of ignoring that. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Nanmu Ghidorah.

I've seen a few folks guess GINO/Zilla, I've seen guesses for Smaug and Drogon and various D&D dragon characters, and even the Hyperendocrin Tyrannosaurus from The Isle.

Personally, when I look at the mirrored image I tossed together I see a dragon, and I'd love even a generic Vermithrax/Drogon/Smaug/Reign Of Fire Wyvern-type dragon. I'm not that interested in a Dragonheart, four-legs and wings-type dragon. I'm split on an Asian serpent-type dragon, but they can certainly be very cool when done in a certain style. I would also point out that this is a year of celebration for the Chinese, so perhaps that's a strong contender.

Whatever we get, I'm pretty sure we're getting something that is distinctly non-dinosaurian. I think this cryptic image and clue is a signal that we've entered a new phase for Nanmu.

Dinoxels

I have a feeling it's Ultimasaurus....don't get me wrong a Godzilla line from Nanmu would be fantastic.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinoxels on September 03, 2021, 10:12:26 PM
I have a feeling it's Ultimasaurus....don't get me wrong a Godzilla line from Nanmu would be fantastic.

Doesn't look right for an Ultimasaurus..but I would love if Nanmu, Rebor..anymore made one.

Mattyonyx

Thanks to avatar_Over9K @Over9K's picture, the feeling it's an Ultimasaurus intensifies: maybe it's a partial redesign, but it seems to have at least a frill, and the head shape is very reminiscent of a T. rex.

terrorchicken

^oh gawd that's hideous, whats it from? Id love to see what a Nanmu dragon would look like. I love wyverns, Im in the middle of binging GOT and I'm in love with Drogon. Also love the Harry Potter dragons(horntail, ironbelly) and I have a soft spot for old vermithrax.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: terrorchicken on September 05, 2021, 01:25:38 AM
^oh gawd that's hideous, whats it from? Id love to see what a Nanmu dragon would look like. I love wyverns, Im in the middle of binging GOT and I'm in love with Drogon. Also love the Harry Potter dragons(horntail, ironbelly) and I have a soft spot for old vermithrax.
Its a JWE mod
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Takama

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 05, 2021, 02:39:44 PM
Its a JWE mod

Based on a Cancelled Toy From Kenner

bone crusher

PS enhanced, doesn't look like any dinosaurs at all nor Godzilla for that matter. More like some random dragon dude from a low budget video game.

JohannesB

This "slow reveal" trick is getting old. Anyhow, it looks boring to me. Certainly not any classic or beloved dragon I know. But I guess since gamers are a big part of the market, it could be something from that world.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Could be there version of an Ultimasaurus or just a something original.  There are so many dragons in pop culture anymore I can't keep up. Maybe a D&D Red Dragon or even Tiamat?  idk.

Bread

Has anyone ever ordered from Lana time's website instead of their ebay shop? I ordered Nanmu's Stegosaurus a few days ago but I have yet to see any movement. I even emailed them but no response yet. I am a first time buyer from them, just wondering if I should have any concerns, thank you.

Note: I posted this under Nanmu as I have seen most members here order from Lana.

Carnoking

I've ordered from Lana a handful of times. My latest order of the two recent GR toys creation is due in on Friday actually. They're a reliable company but I will say there's a reason their shipping costs are so low. I've heard that you can reach out before ordering and request faster shipping but I've never felt the urge to try it.

ladyferry

Quote from: Bread on September 06, 2021, 06:34:38 PM
Has anyone ever ordered from Lana time's website instead of their ebay shop? I ordered Nanmu's Stegosaurus a few days ago but I have yet to see any movement. I even emailed them but no response yet. I am a first time buyer from them, just wondering if I should have any concerns, thank you.

Note: I posted this under Nanmu as I have seen most members here order from Lana.

It reminds me of Smaug from the Hobbit films.

Blade-of-the-Moon

All the time i have several orders with them, its probably just being prepared.  you can email and ask they are usually good about replying quick.

As Carnoking said you can also request faster shipping.

SenSx

I never ordered on their personnal site, but on ebay it usually takes some days of waiting before the parcel starts moving, and when it does it is usually quick.
I have tried the faster shipping method from them, but I don't think it is really worth it outside of some complication like during the start of the pandemic.
Although their fast EMS is really affordable.
But I'm not sure if you can avoid those waiting days before the shipment even with that quicker shipping method, this is just how it is with them, and they usually warn you about it.

Bread

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Still no movement yet but hopefully that will change soon.

Syndicate Bias

Oh my poor child for what disappointment will befall on you past Season 6

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: