News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB you are right! Just noticed the pin, but then again you can see the back left leg is going to have warping issues for its base. Does not sit well it seems and that is definitely a turn off for me at least.

KeU

On hand pics of the Buck T.rex looks good.
I can see how some folks would like the exotic mountain colors and blue eyes.
My conservative pick would be the LW green.
Waiting to see how it scales with the Giga and Alpha T.rex.
If it is too big, it is an easy skip for me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That foot issue is a common problem, they bend a bit with heat back to a more stable position. Nanmu even started putting that instruction in the boxes for them lol

Abobo

can't wait to see them listed on Aliexpress   8)

bone crusher

I do hope people don't jump to conclusion yet, there could be a lot of factors affecting how these pics look such as camera exposure, low res pics, angles and what not. I'll wait for more high quality media to show up for the time being. One thing that's for sure tho, that jaw gap looks very unsightly.

Bread

Quote from: bone crusher on September 14, 2021, 02:37:17 PM
One thing that's for sure tho, that jaw gap looks very unsightly.
I believe all Nanmu figures have jaw opening and closing issues, mainly gaps present.

JohannesB

I have a technical question about the warping issue.

Maybe I understand this incorrectly, but I think there are maybe two (or more?) reasons why the parts of the model might be warped/bent, and maybe those two different reasons may have two different consequences?

First hypothesis: the model comes out of the mold still warm, not completely cured (maybe I am using this term in the wrong context?), and from that moment on, the plastic sets into a definite shape (different from the shape of the mold, because gravity 'pulls it out of shape' as it were) that can't really be altered afterwards, not even by applying a modest amount of heat, because that won't change the inner (molecular?) structure of the plastic.

Second hypothesis: the model comes out of the mold completely cooled off and set, and it is just through handling that the plastic warps. This does give the possibility to bend it 'back into shape' with the application of moderate heat.

Which of these hypotheses is correct (if any)?

Over9K

Quote from: JohannesB on September 14, 2021, 08:57:04 PM

Maybe I understand this incorrectly, but I think there are maybe two (or more?) reasons why the parts of the model might be warped/bent, and maybe those two different reasons may have two different consequences?

First hypothesis: the model comes out of the mold still warm, not completely cured (maybe I am using this term in the wrong context?), and from that moment on, the plastic sets into a definite shape (different from the shape of the mold, because gravity 'pulls it out of shape' as it were) that can't really be altered afterwards, not even by applying a modest amount of heat, because that won't change the inner (molecular?) structure of the plastic.

Second hypothesis: the model comes out of the mold completely cooled off and set, and it is just through handling that the plastic warps. This does give the possibility to bend it 'back into shape' with the application of moderate heat.

These don't come out of the mold in one piece, they are assembled. On this one, there is a leg seam right at the knee. So, assembly itself can affect how the figure stands, say if the legs aren't attached quite right, and end up kind of working against each other. They are likely hand-assembled, without a jig, which would assure each one was built the same. But yeah, how the parts are treated in curing, how they go together, how the assembled figure is treated during painting and shipping, etc can all have a part in warping.

JohannesB

Quote from: Over9K on September 14, 2021, 09:12:55 PM
Quote from: JohannesB on September 14, 2021, 08:57:04 PM

These don't come out of the mold in one piece, they are assembled. On this one, there is a leg seam right at the knee. So, assembly itself can affect how the figure stands, say if the legs aren't attached quite right, and end up kind of working against each other. They are likely hand-assembled, without a jig, which would assure each one was built the same. But yeah, how the parts are treated in curing, how they go together, how the assembled figure is treated during painting and shipping, etc can all have a part in warping.

Yes, of course! Thank you for reminding me about the assembly of the parts. I somehow overlooked that.

Bread

After pointing out the knee seams, it seems the Buck from TLW has the most noticeable leg seam which is a shame. Supposedly we're supposed to start seeing more images followed by shipping information possibly tomorrow or throughout the week until 23rd of September. Hopefully it will be by tomorrow as these are already appearing in-hand images.

SenSx

What ? there is no rod on the base to secure the figure ?
That's a bit scarry...
(edit: I think I can see it under the front leg, not sure, if so I'm definitely picking it with the base, I'm not super comfortable with the balance here ^^)

The Mountain variant is dope, love those blue eyes, but I'm sticking with the green one.
Waiting for more size comparaison as well, with Nanmu Giganotosaurus.

Abobo

The green buck is now available (only this one by now) at MyOnlineToyStore seller on AliExpress.
and ordered! (estimated delivery october 6)
can't wait  :))

SenSx

Quote from: Abobo on September 15, 2021, 11:32:39 AM
The green buck is now available (only this one by now) at MyOnlineToyStore seller on AliExpress.

Thanks Abobo, I just ordered mine as well there.
The price is very good, but I guess I will still get hit with the new european tax...
Other sellers like Lana do not take the tax into account on their base prise I suppose ? If not it really makes a good difference.

Warning though the stock is very low for now on MyOnlineToyStore, there won't be for everyone.

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005003289099092.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_allProduct.8148356.2.1997567dNt0TGM

blnadal

本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio
· 8 h  ·
Friendly criticism will make us make more progress. Thank everyone for their criticism.
We used several different devices and environments to test the effects of objects to explain why people see the effects so differently.

Bread

Quote from: Abobo on September 15, 2021, 11:32:39 AM
From what I see on MyOnlineToyStore, it shows thay the buck is up for "presale" and a gift will be sent out before the 25th of September. It also shows that the item won't arrive to customers until the 14th of October (this is an estimate on aliexpress though).

Thanks for the updates avatar_blnadal @blnadal
I really can't wait for the Brachiosaurus. Definitely going to pick this one up, glad I skipped the Wdragon's as it is too expensive now.

Also, saw on Nanmu's instagram post with these Brachiosaurus images, people were complaining the colors were inaccurate to the films. Multiple people saying it needs a grayish tone, which isn't even film accurate either right?
If anything these are not licensed figures and I wouldn't expect 100% film accurate designs from Nanmu, even if those comments are correct.

Over9K

Quote from: SenSx on September 15, 2021, 10:52:31 AM
What ? there is no rod on the base to secure the figure ?
That's a bit scarry...
(edit: I think I can see it under the front leg, not sure, if so I'm definitely picking it with the base, I'm not super comfortable with the balance here ^^)

More of a peg than a rod, really, but it's something at least.

It's a shame that the very first images of this figure has to be flawed like this, but we can hope that it's an outlier and the majority of figures will be rock solid.

Bread

Anyone receive information from sellers about their orders regarding the new Tyrannosaurus? It is close to September 22 and I have a feeling this figure will be experiencing delays again :/

SenSx

Quote from: Bread on September 20, 2021, 01:52:28 PM
Anyone receive information from sellers about their orders regarding the new Tyrannosaurus? It is close to September 22 and I have a feeling this figure will be experiencing delays again :/

Yes this figure is really is really making itself desired haha !
According to Nanmu it is being sent to the sellers between the 15th and 25th of september.
MyOnlineStore states that it will be sent on the 27th, so it makes sense (hope it's not only a vague estimation).
Hopefully just a week away from the shippment.

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on September 21, 2021, 11:57:00 AM
Quote from: Bread on September 20, 2021, 01:52:28 PM

Yes this figure is really is really making itself desired haha !
According to Nanmu it is being sent to the sellers between the 15th and 25th of september.
MyOnlineStore states that it will be sent on the 27th, so it makes sense (hope it's not only a vague estimation).
Hopefully just a week away from the shippment.
Hopefully you are right. I checked Aliexpress sellers just now and it seems their estimated delivery date of the figure is October 20th. Seems like this one is experiencing major delays.

I haven't been this hyped for a figure in a long time. After this one, I then have to hold it together for the BOTM WWD rex....

Abobo

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: