News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on September 29, 2021, 03:08:19 AM
I'm still wondering how the standing one is incorporated on that base.

The standing figure doesn't go on that base, it has its own.

Carnoking

So does that small base for the standing figure slot into the larger base (like with older REBOR diorama products) or does it just sort of... sit there?

SenSx

Quote from: Bread on September 29, 2021, 02:48:54 AM
I am going to be honest, I am not a fan of these bases because of the eggs, but color scheme and application on these are beautiful. I don't collect JW official/unofficial figures, so these will be a pass (for now as I might change my mind on these).

I am safely going to assume that their Brachiosaurus (standing and walking) and Parasaurolophus (corpse and running) will be coming next year, since Santiago&Calypso will be shipping out hopefully in December. Glad I have some time to save up for quite a while. Also, does that mean we should set up a thread in the 2022 section for Nanmu?

Oh yes many figures will be pushed to 2022.
Brachiosaurus, Parasaurolophus, their mysterious supposed Dragon, and with the chinese new year, we could  wait longer than we think for them like last time.
The Dragon will not be there tomorrow  :))

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on September 29, 2021, 04:19:47 AM
So does that small base for the standing figure slot into the larger base (like with older REBOR diorama products) or does it just sort of... sit there?

I think it is meant to remain separate from the larger base, to give more options in posing them together. There may be place where they fit tight to each other, but I don't see and kind of connection.

Carnoking

https://www.facebook.com/Nanmutoys

Another tease from Nanmu concerning that mysterious October release. Looks like it is indeed a "realistic" take on the ultimasaurus

Bread

I'd much prefer a dragon, but it does look cool. Reminds me of when Rebor revealed that render of king kong and godzilla mashup. I definitely won't be getting this though, its not my taste but I bet fans will love it.

SenSx

Quote from: Carnoking on September 30, 2021, 02:28:02 PM
https://www.facebook.com/Nanmutoys

Another tease from Nanmu concerning that mysterious October release. Looks like it is indeed a "realistic" take on the ultimasaurus

Oh ok thanks.
It's a pass for me then, I wanted a dragon.
My wallet will be relieved at least.

Duck

He who dwells in pond

dragon53

I just got my Nanmu Apatosaurus (green) from Lana Time Shop.
Unfortunately, the address label did not have my street number, etc., so the Post Office labeled it "Return To Sender--Incomplete Address". It took two trips to the Post Office before they found it after a 30 minute search. The Post office clerk said I was lucky because they were about to send it back to Lana Time.

This was my second order with Lana Time and there were no problems with my first order. I checked my account with Lana Time and my address is correct, so it must have been a human error leaving the street info off.

I emailed Lana Time about the order and asked them to use my correct address for the second part of my order---the Future King and the base.

Bread

D @dragon53 glad you got your nanmu Apatosaurus. I just received my Nanmu stegosaurus from Lana just a few days ago. Shipping took 28 days, but I was warned and told shipping issues are occurring lately. Hopefully it won't continue to happen to you with your future orders, as with everyone else.

I have two orders from My Online Toy Center, one of them being Nanmu's Spinosaurus. So far its been a disaster. I contacted the seller because the package had been stuck in "arrived at regional sorting center" for 10 days. Don't know why but the seller had fixed it. Now it hasn't moved again but it has been confirmed to have landed in the U.S....

avatar_Abobo @Abobo thank you for the video! Gosh I can't wait to have this in hand. This is truly an amazing figure!

SenSx

Quote from: Abobo on October 02, 2021, 08:36:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmO9dtquDqo

Ouch can't wait for mine !
I'm just a bit worried about the closing mouth issue as I hate when that happens, but he seemed to be able to shut it just fine at the end of the video.

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on October 02, 2021, 10:00:59 PM
I'm just a bit worried about the closing mouth issue as I hate when that happens, but he seemed to be able to shut it just fine at the end of the video.
This worries me too. Also is this a constant issue with Nanmu products? I've noticed in reviews that the Spinosaurus also has this issue followed by the Indominus (Beserker rex). Although, the running rex does not have this issue.

SenSx

Quote from: Bread on October 03, 2021, 12:46:06 AM
This worries me too. Also is this a constant issue with Nanmu products? I've noticed in reviews that the Spinosaurus also has this issue followed by the Indominus (Beserker rex). Although, the running rex does not have this issue.

Yea Nanmu's articulated jaws aren't really the best on the market, and that is really the only flaw of their products.
Hopefully, I did not have that issue too often: my Spinosaurus just does not open its mouth very wide and I can't really choose the degree of opening I want for it (but at least I can close it, I prefer it like that than the other way around), my Giganotosaurus can close and open its mouth wide, but I cannot choose any middle ground.
The female Rex is fine though, so finger crossed for the Buck.

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on October 03, 2021, 01:09:11 AM
Quote from: Bread on October 03, 2021, 12:46:06 AM

Yea Nanmu's articulated jaws aren't really the best on the market, and that is really the only flaw of their products.
Hopefully, I did not have that issue too often: my Spinosaurus just does not open its mouth very wide and I can't really choose the degree of opening I want for it (but at least it can close it, I prefer it like that than the other way around), my Giganotosaurus can close and open its mouth wide, but I cannot choose any middle ground.
The female Rex is fine though, so finger crossed for the Buck.
Good to know, thank you!

bone crusher

Noticed some downgrade in paint on the Mountain King from the recent photos, switched to Future King now since that's the least downgraded one and looks the best.

Bread

Quote from: bone crusher on October 04, 2021, 12:23:26 PM
Noticed some downgrade in paint on the Mountain King from the recent photos, switched to Future King now since that's the least downgraded one and looks the best.
I've noticed the same. In all honesty, I was kind of hoping as I was planning on using the Mountain variant as the Doe and of course have the Future variant as the Buck. So the more subtle the blue is, the better... for me at least.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on October 04, 2021, 04:27:14 PM
I've noticed the same. In all honesty, I was kind of hoping as I was planning on using the Mountain variant as the Doe and of course have the Future variant as the Buck. So the more subtle the blue is, the better... for me at least.
Interesting comment avatar_Bread @Bread , regarding the point of 'subtilty' . I think that sometimes, at least, this is a good thing. As a case in point, the latest version of PNSO's stegosaurus, Bieber, seemed to suffer in comparison to its predecessor in terms of its having more subdued colors. I myself described its coloration as 'muddied.' I was wrong - it's more subtle and it displays well in a naturalistic fashion due to this attribute (subtilty).

Bread

Quote from: SidB on October 04, 2021, 09:09:44 PM
Quote from: Bread on October 04, 2021, 04:27:14 PM
Interesting comment avatar_Bread @Bread , regarding the point of 'subtilty' . I think that sometimes, at least, this is a good thing. As a case in point, the latest version of PNSO's stegosaurus, Bieber, seemed to suffer in comparison to its predecessor in terms of its having more subdued colors. I myself described its coloration as 'muddied.' I was wrong - it's more subtle and it displays well in a naturalistic fashion due to this attribute (subtilty).
Like you said, sometimes a good thing, sometimes a bad thing. Very well put SidB.

Bread

Lanatimeshop has posted on their instagram that the Once and Future King Tyrannosaurus is in stock.

Hopefully Dan gets their shipment in soon, still haven't received any news from them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: