News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Nanmu's Once and Future King Tyrannosaurus is in stock at Dan's Dinosaurs. Note that this means they are shipping out from Dan's distribution center and will still take several weeks to deliver.

Abobo

Look what just knocked at my door!
a true beauty
(oh and the jaw is perfect whatever position you chose)

Bread

Certainly a beautiful model. Glad you received yours! Did you have to treat it with hot water to open the jaw?

Mine apparently has landed in the states but hasn't moved in about four days, probably went through customs and headed to next carrier/postal services (hopefully).

Abobo

Quote from: Bread on October 07, 2021, 03:22:49 PM
Certainly a beautiful model. Glad you received yours! Did you have to treat it with hot water to open the jaw?

Mine apparently has landed in the states but hasn't moved in about four days, probably went through customs and headed to next carrier/postal services (hopefully).

Nope, the jaw opens and closes without problem, hope you get yours soon!
will add more photos later in the "recent acquisitions" thread.

SenSx

The Nanmu Once and Future King is also in stock at my home now !
It arrived quite fast (in France), and I'm surprised I did not have to pay the new european tax.

Beautiful figure, no bad surprise, the articulated jaw is perfect and did not had to use anything (hot water or dryer) to open the first time.
The giganotosaurus on its base still seems to be taller than T-rex on its own, but because of the pose.
My only disappointment would be the eyes, they do not seems to be as good on my model.

SidB

Impressive, indeed! And good thing that it avoided the tax.

Shonisaurus

Fabulous tyrannosaurus, I'm glad you didn't have to pay customs duty. By the way, can you stand upright without the base? I get the impression that this tyrannosaurus without its resin base does not stand up.

Bread

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 08, 2021, 09:19:19 AM
Fabulous tyrannosaurus, I'm glad you didn't have to pay customs duty. By the way, can you stand upright without the base? I get the impression that this tyrannosaurus without its resin base does not stand up.
From the reviews it seems this figure can stand well without the base. Seems like it's similar to the Alpha Tyrannosaurus model, somewhat wobbly.

Also, congratulations on the model avatar_SenSx @SenSx! Even though I've seen a bunch of photos of this figure already, it still amazes me.

Thanks for the links D @dragon53
Seems like in the first video, the reviewer got unlucky and received a figure with a bad jaw articulation.

dragon53

Lana Time shipped out my Future King with base today. I hope they used the correct address this time.

Bread

Quote from: dragon53 on October 12, 2021, 02:59:07 PM
Lana Time shipped out my Future King with base today. I hope they used the correct address this time.
That's good news, hope yours arrives soon. Was shipping price cheap for the base and figure? I know Aliexpress had an issue with shipping both the base and figure in their original boxes.

dragon53

BREAD: 

The future King with base was $111.99 plus the Nanmu Apatosaurus. so shipping for both was $3.73.

Bread

Quote from: dragon53 on October 12, 2021, 05:26:18 PM
BREAD: 

The future King with base was $111.99 plus the Nanmu Apatosaurus. so shipping for both was $3.73.
That's not so bad of a shipping price. Then again, you just have to be patient with their shipping time.

I just saw that My Online Toy Store added back the option to purchase the figure and base costing a toal of about $130 with their original boxes and abour $120 without! Seems to be a price rise since shipping is the real issue with this figure+base.

sage2k

Hello there! Lurker here

Wanted to show off the new Rex if anyone is curious for more pics.

Bread

Received the Future variant today. Originally I ordered the Mountain variant from My Online Toy Store but seems like they accidentally sent me the Future variant. However, no complaints as I am in love with this! Don't know what I am going to do when I get my other Future variant from Dan's, should be here any day now as well. Maybe a repaint will be in mind.

Anyways..... I love this figure, and have not felt a heavy figure like this ever. Nanmu really did an amazing job and this one completely fills me up with nostalgia. My favorite film dinosaur/monster brought to life (figure form not alive yet). Here are a few images and comparisons:

Bread

S @sage2k What a coincidence on posting ours at the exact same time :))
Congratulations on yours! Looks stunning and love the pictures. Also, welcome to the forum!

sage2k

Thank you! And I guess our Rexes are now forum twins now since we posted at the same time, heheh

Those are some sweet pics!
And I agree, it's one hell of a figure. Definitely a dream come true for the price point.

Now if only we got a decent TLW velociraptor, I'd be as happy as the compies eating Dieter Stark.

Bread

Quote from: sage2k on October 19, 2021, 12:25:00 AM
Thank you! And I guess our Rexes are now forum twins now since we posted at the same time, heheh

Those are some sweet pics!
And I agree, it's one hell of a figure. Definitely a dream come true for the price point.

Now if only we got a decent TLW velociraptor, I'd be as happy as the compies eating Dieter Stark.
Hahaha yes! It is a dream come true, and our pictures prove the amazing feeling this figure brings!

Also, yes I would love to have 1/35 scale TLW  or even JP Velociraptors from Nanmu. I don't really want to buy the raptor squad pack since it would involve repainting them, although Roland may be worth it....

Abobo

Congratulations on your acquisitions :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: