News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GR Toys - New For 2021

Started by Over9K, January 05, 2021, 07:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBDINO

Are m see studio and gr toys related companies?

ITdactyl

Quote from: LBDINO on September 02, 2021, 01:47:28 PM

'Anyone got a definitive answer to LBDINO's query? I'm also curious if the partnership is indeed official.

On another note, is the entire GR Toys line composed only of high-end figures (re: for the expensive, serious collector market) or do they also have children's toys?

Over9K

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 12, 2021, 01:58:40 PM

'Anyone got a definitive answer to LBDINO's query? I'm also curious if the partnership is indeed official.

On another note, is the entire GR Toys line composed only of high-end figures (re: for the expensive, serious collector market) or do they also have children's toys?

Don't we have someone from GR Toys posting?

I can't remember if Musee Studios is actually mentioned on the box, I'll try to check the box at some point. I know that at first, at least on Dan's site, Musee was the name being used in descriptions.

LBDINO

Quote from: Over9K on September 12, 2021, 08:48:56 PM
Quote from: ITdactyl on September 12, 2021, 01:58:40 PM

Don't we have someone from GR Toys posting?

I can't remember if Musee Studios is actually mentioned on the box, I'll try to check the box at some point. I know that at first, at least on Dan's site, Musee was the name being used in descriptions.

I was curious because there paint schemes seem very similar. I also saw the
T rex/Quetzalcoatlus diorama M see studio created and figured that this t rex would probably be very close to what we will get from gr toys down the road.

Bread

L @LBDINO I'll post images of that diorama later today. Honestly the color scheme on it looks amazing, and my only issue is the size of the Tyrannosaurus' head, looks a tad too small, but I could be mistaken.

Leyster

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SidB

Thank you, L @Leyster , for another precise, objective and  informative review. Looks like I'll have to modify the paint on the rear toes  , which is no great chore.

Leyster

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Concavenator

I was recently thinking about this company and how they were going to release a Tyrannosaurus and another model before it, which was rumoured to be a Quetzalcoatlus...  Any news about this? V @vampiredesign 

I was thinking about Vitae too. Around this time last year they released some models (Tiantaiosaurus, Jinyunpelta...) out of the blue, when they were thought to be long dead already. I'm not saying this is going to happen again, but then I also remember what Rebor said about the Vitae boycott.

I got my first models from these two companies this year and I love them. Would love to see more from them, but I don't know what could have happened to both of them.

Psittacoraptor

I, too, hope the Quetzalcoatlus will see the light of day. We need more good pterosaurs figures.

Sim

I've also been thinking about GR Toys.  I recently opened my order that contained the GR Toys orange Carcharodontosaurus.  I really like this figure and I'd like more from this company.  At this point I'd even be happy to see their Tyrannosaurus.  I hope the people behind this company are doing well.

GiganotosaurusFan

Why is the material that my GR toys Carcharodontosaurus really soft and pliable. Did I receive an outlier?
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Leyster

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on December 28, 2021, 06:38:51 AM
Why is the material that my GR toys Carcharodontosaurus really soft and pliable. Did I receive an outlier?
I think so, mine is almost resin like in pliablity.

Fembrogon

Resin is pliable? Huh, somehow I had it in my head that resin tended to be hard and rigid.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 28, 2021, 04:49:47 PM
Resin is pliable? Huh, somehow I had it in my head that resin tended to be hard and rigid.

It depends. I have some hollow resin Kaiyodo kits that are almost plastic-like. Solid resin figures tend to be harder and more brittle. Nothing like that polystone that Sideshow uses for so many of their sculptures though. That stuff shatters if you look at it funny. Would be nice if more companies went the high-quality plastic route.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

stargatedalek

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 28, 2021, 06:03:19 PM

It depends. I have some hollow resin Kaiyodo kits that are almost plastic-like. Solid resin figures tend to be harder and more brittle. Nothing like that polystone that Sideshow uses for so many of their sculptures though. That stuff shatters if you look at it funny. Would be nice if more companies went the high-quality plastic route.
I was under the impression the hollow Kaiyodo kits are vinyl, not resin.

dinofelid

I interpreted Leyster to be saying it's hardly pliable (or not at all pliable), since they were saying "I think so" to GigantosaurusFan's question about whether their very pliable Carcharodontosaurus toy was an "outlier". My Carcharodontosaurus is a little pliable on the thin part of the tail but otherwise very rigid.

BlueKrono

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 28, 2021, 06:11:14 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on December 28, 2021, 06:03:19 PM

I was under the impression the hollow Kaiyodo kits are vinyl, not resin.

You might be right about that. But my pieces that I know are resin, like my Shane Foulkes pieces, are still more durable than polystone or ceramics like porcelain. I wouldn't describe them as pliable though.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Fembrogon

Quote from: dinofelid on December 28, 2021, 06:45:38 PM
I interpreted Leyster to be saying it's hardly pliable (or not at all pliable), since they were saying "I think so" to GigantosaurusFan's question about whether their very pliable Carcharodontosaurus toy was an "outlier". My Carcharodontosaurus is a little pliable on the thin part of the tail but otherwise very rigid.

D'oh, I think you're right; that'll teach me to just skim before replying.
I might have learned a little more about resin during this tangent, though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: