News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GR Toys - New For 2021

Started by Over9K, January 05, 2021, 07:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Much as I'm always ready to add another Sauropod to the shelves, the prices I've seen on these so far are a bit high for me.

Particularly as PNSO have hinted at Sauropods to come from them (before jumping back to the prehistoric fish) so I'll be holding onto whatever cash I can muster for those.

vampiredesign

Quote from: Concavenator on August 03, 2021, 12:29:44 AM
Anyone who has their Carcharodontosaurus or Spinosaurus could tell me whether or not they include any kind of card/booklet/ info with the figure? I always like to keep those, I also collect them.
:) Good suggestion. I'll consider the design here.

vampiredesign

:)We regret the price. After all, the cost is increasing. Before Tyrannosaurus Rex, we will launch a work with more favorable price. Please look forward to it. :)
Thank you for your attention. We have been trying to do well. We need some time. Thank you. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received my Carcharodontosaurus recently, I think the sculpt is great, but it's the paint work that really sets it apart. Keep up those things and I'll be a future buyer again.

Carnoking

Yeah, seeing that thing surrounded by other brands really shows you how superior the paint work is. Definitely need to get on ordering this one.

suspsy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 16, 2021, 05:37:21 AM

Received my Carcharodontosaurus recently, I think the sculpt is great, but it's the paint work that really sets it apart. Keep up those things and I'll be a future buyer again.

Impressive!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

The Dicraeosaurus is great, though I prefer the red version.

Sim

GR Toys is an interesting company.  Their figures appear to be high quality.  I find their Spinosaurus ugly but their Carcharodontosaurus is excellent.  Their Dicraeosaurus is an interesting choice!  However I find it looks quite bland and the beak makes it look weird.  I'm not convinced that sauropods had beaks and I prefer them restored without one.  I wonder why people like the GR Toys Dicraeosaurus so much?  Am I missing something?

I have no interest in a Tyrannosaurus, but I'm glad GR Toys will be releasing something else before it.  I hope it will be something I like.

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on July 23, 2021, 05:30:30 PM
I'll definitely be getting the Dicraeosaurus, the "coffee"-colour version, to go with my blue Carcharodontosaurus. I'm looking forward to displaying these two African dinos together. I wish the Dicraeosaurus was a little bigger but it was a rather small sauropod after all. Interesting that there's a base option for it when the Carcharodontosaurus didn't have one. A base would make more sense for a theropod.

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor, where did you see the option to get the Dicraeosaurus with a base?  I've seen some photos of it with a base and I'm wondering if it can come without a base?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

A seller on aliexpress has 4 options for the Dicreosaurus, each colour with and without a base. I ordered the brown one without base. Hopefully it doesn't arrive while I'm on holiday.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Concavenator

Is the base officially included or is it some sort of unofficial extra like those bases for PNSO figures from AliExpress? If it's officially included I don't think it makes much sense, it's a quadruped so it will stand and it needlessly increases the price on an already expensive model. It would make much more sense if it had been included with the Carcharodontosaurus instead, since  I have seen some people complaint about its stability.

At least, it's nice to see it's now released and I'm looking forward to seeing more pics and reviews of it. And I'm intrigued as to what their next release before the Tyrannosaurus will be. This may be a very new company but it's already one of my favorites.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Concavenator on August 19, 2021, 01:51:05 PM
Is the base officially included or is it some sort of unofficial extra like those bases for PNSO figures from AliExpress? If it's officially included I don't think it makes much sense, it's a quadruped so it will stand and it needlessly increases the price on an already expensive model. It would make much more sense if it had been included with the Carcharodontosaurus instead, since  I have seen some people complaint about its stability.

At least, it's nice to see it's now released and I'm looking forward to seeing more pics and reviews of it. And I'm intrigued as to what their next release before the Tyrannosaurus will be. This may be a very new company but it's already one of my favorites.
the base is official. There are options from the seller. As I said in the post just before yours...
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

I think a base always adds something regardless of whether the animal is quadrupedal or bipedal. They are not just a support but create a visual effect. This one has a little pool which is a pleasing touch. And good that it can be bought with or without to suit all tastes and pockets.

Carnoking

I ordered one with the base because, like ceratopsian said, a base gives any figure more presence in my opinion. Plus, it looked too good to skip for an extra 12 dollars or so, and if push comes to shove I'll see about retrofitting it to a bipedal model down the line!

Eocarcharia

Is the base only available when ordering on aliexpress?

ceratopsian

On the subject of whether the base is official: it has inscribed into the rear the Chinese characters for HaoLongGood, just the same as they are on the box (only more cursive).  I didn't notice them earlier. So that seems to settle it.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on August 19, 2021, 02:10:28 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on August 19, 2021, 01:51:05 PM

the base is official. There are options from the seller. As I said in the post just before yours...

ceratopsian

I've just put up some photos of my newly arrived Dicraeosaurus in my collection thread.  I think V @vampiredesign and his friends have made a superb job of this sauropod.  It's a stunner in hand, with high-quality production values.  I can see why it wasn't cheap.

Sim

For those of us in the UK, Dinosaur Time is selling GR Toys figures and Everything Dinosaur is preparing to sell them.

ceratopsian

Oh - the last time I asked Mike about this he wasn't planning to - admittedly quite some time ago now!  If I'd have known, I'd have waited.

Quote from: Sim on August 21, 2021, 05:43:37 PM
For those of us in the UK, Dinosaur Time is selling GR Toys figures and Everything Dinosaur is preparing to sell them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: