News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Hazard: New for 2021

Started by Leyster, January 30, 2021, 02:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psittacoraptor

I was thinking about ordering it but now I'm glad I didn't. How does this work? Did the factory that produces the models make more than ordered, and then sold the extra stock to wholesale agents without informing Dino Hazard? Because the images posted by customers look 100% like the real thing.

DragonRider02

I remember reading on TFW2005 about Transformers figures that are made in the same factories as official ones, using same moulds, just after factory working hours or something like that. You can get those figures very cheap on Aliexpress and they even come in official packaging. There are some minor differences in paint application and maybe quality, but it's almost impossible to tell. I think I've also read about some 3rd party Transformers figure that had a KO produced in same factory as original, even using same moulds.
I guess same thing happened with Dino Hazard Irritator.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on June 18, 2021, 10:45:20 AM
I was thinking about ordering it but now I'm glad I didn't. How does this work? Did the factory that produces the models make more than ordered, and then sold the extra stock to wholesale agents without informing Dino Hazard? Because the images posted by customers look 100% like the real thing.

China has absolutely no laws about copyright.
That's why there are so many illegal copies, bootlegs and so on.
It's sad but true..

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 18, 2021, 12:22:38 PM
Quote from: Psittacoraptor on June 18, 2021, 10:45:20 AM

China has absolutely no laws about copyright.
That's why there are so many illegal copies, bootlegs and so on.
It's sad but true..

Solution: buy these figures in online stores in Europe and the US with total credibility, for example everythingdinosaur.

Psittacoraptor

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02  That would explain why they look genuine because they are basically "original bootlegs". Usually you can immediately tell when something is a bootleg.

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow  There must be more to it than just copyright laws because many companies avoid bootlegs. I've never seen a Creative Beast or PNSO bootleg, for example.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus  If copies produced in the same factories with the same moulds, packaging etc. are sold to wholesalers and retailers, and no one in the chain knows that it's not truly official despite looking 100% official, then it's possible these products get to Europe and the U.S., too. As seen by the example of Dan's Dinosaurs on the previous page. The Irritator model is not available on Model Toy Center or My Online Toy Store, who I think are trustworthy shops, so I'm not going to stop buying things from China because there are good and honest people there. The problem with Aliexpress is that it's not a single store but a platform like Ebay, so it's tricky to see which sellers are trustworthy. If the price is too good to be true, the store is new and/or the feedback is bad, then you know it's a scam.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor I do not doubt anything you say at all, in China all the salespeople I have dealt with are exceptionally competent and very good people. In my case, I prefer to buy in Europe although prices are more inflated for a simple reason I want to avoid customs tax rates and the consequent and annoying bureaucratic procedures, I have very bad experiences of buying products outside the EU because then they imposed tariff rates on me except China in In the rest of the nations in which I have bought products, I have had bad experiences with the retention of the products, but in the vast majority, I do not, but honestly, I do not feel like paying taxes to the State in my particular case, we are going to pay enough with the invoice of the light, but I understand your words I apologize but my opinion is from my personal experience.

On China they commented in a thread that from June 1 or July the EU was going to impose tariff rates.

Regarding the stores it is true, the majority almost in absolute terms of the Chinese merchants are honest and decent people and I would affirm something else besides good people, but there are usually new stores as you say that they can sell you mere imitations. They are isolated cases, but above all I fear customs fees and, as I have already repeated, I refuse to pay the State a tariff price, since quite a lot in my nation they burn us with taxes. I hope you understand my position.

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus There is no need to apologize. My comment was not meant as criticism. I understand completely not wanting to deal with customs. Here in Germany it's relatively easy. If there's a correct declaration on the parcel, they deliver the package to your door and you pay taxes there (if there are any). Only if the declaration on the parcel is insufficient, you have to get your stuff from the customs office.

I think what you mean by tariffs is the new EU law on imported goods that will go into effect on July 1st. This is not tariffs but the previous tax exemption for goods below 22€ in value will be abolished. Previously you didn't have to pay taxes for imports below that value. And since taxes below 5,00€ were not collected the real limit was a little higher than 26€ (in Germany at least). Starting on July 1st, this will change and you'll have to pay for everything, no matter the price of the product. It doesn't matter where the package is from. The U.S., U.K., China, Japan, Australia etc. it makes no difference. All personal imports will be treated the same if they come from outside the E.U., doesn't matter where from. It remains to be seen how this will work in practice. I imagine it will result in utter chaos.  ;)

DragonRider02

QuoteThere must be more to it than just copyright laws because many companies avoid bootlegs. I've never seen a Creative Beast or PNSO bootleg, for example.
avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor  There are PNSO bootlegs-Some of the minis and the first Spinosaurus. But indeed, I haven't seen any BOTM bootlegs, which really shocks me, to be honest.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on June 18, 2021, 05:30:13 PM

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow  There must be more to it than just copyright laws because many companies avoid bootlegs. I've never seen a Creative Beast or PNSO bootleg, for example.

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor 
..maybe:   http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=84.msg294053#msg294053

Thialfi

An easy way to figure out of a store or storefront is a certified seller is to just ask on social media. YVY/Dino Hazard has been very helpful for me on Instagram.

Dino Scream3232

I recently received the Irritator from AliExpress. Seller was Jurassic Zoo. I was unaware that the ones on AliExpress are bootlegs. YvY contacted me on Instagram and said ALL Irritators on AliExpress are "pirated" copies. Told them I'll make that crystal clear in my video review to buy from them and hopefully everythingdinosaur. Now for the figure itself. After watching some reviews of the office product, there's no difference between these AliExpress versions and the official. Solid figure and good paint apps.

Kapitaenosavrvs

D @Dino Scream3232

EDIT: Deleted by me.

Carnoking

Man does that looks good on display

Dino Scream3232

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs I ordered the basic version and received the standard. But yeah it's a great model. Love the quality. Shame it's being bootlegged so heavily.

Ivántirrophus

For all of you that bought your irritator in an official site, Have your irritator its brand in some part of its body? I bought my irritator in Aliexpress (Jurassic Zoo) and now I don't know if it is original o bootleg   :'(

RobinGoodfellow

Just a recap..

DinoHazard Irritator is made by Yvy owned by Mr. Hugo Cafasso ( https://www.yvyfigures.com ).

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on June 19, 2021, 05:56:22 PM
I recently received the Irritator from AliExpress. Seller was Jurassic Zoo. I was unaware that the ones on AliExpress are bootlegs. YvY contacted me on Instagram and said ALL Irritators on AliExpress are "pirated" copies.

Quote from: Mattyonyx on June 17, 2021, 12:33:00 PM
Currently, the only official resellers are Tienda De Dinosaurios and Dino World, with Everything Dinosaur soon to join.

It seems quite clear to me..

C:-) Post edited by Admin to remove quotes, at the request of the quoted member who deleted the original comments.

Concavenator

I @Ivántirrophus From what I've read, you shouldn't worry about your Irritator being a "bootleg" (because the ones that are sold on AliExpress are originals in the same way as the ones that are sold through the authorized sellers), however, the AliExpress sellers are not authorized as they are selling extra copies from the factory that the owner didn't order them to produce, which it seems it's causing their brand financial damage, and that is the reason why they have said that everyone interested in the model must order it from the authorized sellers.

However, your Irritator, as well as D @Dino Scream3232 's and avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs ' are originals.

If I'm wrong in anything I have said please have someone correct me.

RobinGoodfellow

..sorry but I don't agree with you..

If you sign an agreement with a manufacturer to produce items only for you but the manufacturer sells your items to third-part sellers without a legal authorization, those items are pirated ones even if they are aestetichally the same.
If this happens in a Country with copyright laws, the rights owner can file a lawsuit against manufacturer, winning it.
I'm totally against piracy in every form and I don't want to support it in any way.

In the past I saw chinese websites selling recasted resin kits originally from well-known paleo-artists.
They were bootlegs even if identical to originals.

Sorry..
:)

Concavenator

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 20, 2021, 10:20:40 AM
..sorry but I don't agree with you..

If you sign an agreement with a manufacturer to produce items only for you but the manufacturer sells your items to third-part sellers without a legal authorization, those items are pirated ones even if they are aestetichally the same.
If this happens in a Country with copyright laws, the rights owner can file a lawsuit against manufacturer, winning it.
I'm totally against piracy in every form and I don't want to support it in any way.

In the past I saw chinese websites selling recasted resin kits originally from well-known paleo-artists.
They were bootlegs even if identical to originals.

Sorry..
:)

By bootleg I meant a poor imitation, a knockoff. Like the many knockoffs the Carnegie Miragaia has had. This isn't the case. "Aesthetically the same" means it's the same product. "Pirated" fits them better than "bootlegs", I would say.

And needless to say, I'm also against piracy. I don't think my post left any indication I support piracy (?)  ???

Thialfi

I would propose not to post/advertise the illegal sales anymore. It's bad enough as it as.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: