News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Hazard: New for 2021

Started by Leyster, January 30, 2021, 02:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Thialfi on June 20, 2021, 10:48:37 AM
I would propose not to post/advertise the illegal sales anymore. It's bad enough as it as.

I'm totally with you.
That's why I don't want to support illegal resellers saying that it doesn't matter if the product it's the same..
It is not.
Sorry.
And it's even worse if it happens to a new-on-the-market dino company..

Thialfi

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow exactly. There will always be people who chose their wallet over integrity. We shouldn't give those ideas any kind of platform or opportunity.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I totally agree. I still think it is clear to say, that no one active here is really fond of what happend. I bought that before i knew it was a pirated Figure and it feels bad. Mostly, because this is from a smaller Artist. :/

QuoteI would propose not to post/advertise the illegal sales anymore. It's bad enough as it as.

I second this. I could take down the Pictures in this thread.

D @Dino Scream3232 Ah okay, thanks. It really is a shame overall.
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking It does!

andrewsaurus rex

while i'm in total agreement with not supporting piracy/bootlegs in any form, I don't think it's a good idea to take down the links.

Newcomers to this forum will not be as aware which products are ligit and which aren't and purchase the ones that aren't ligit without realizing it, thereby supporting the activity without necessarily wishing to.

Is there any way to add some sort of PRODUCT WARNING ALERT to this thread, to advertise the fact that there are pirated copies around and to avoid buying them?  This would hold true for other companies products as well, not only Dino Hazard.  We all have a vested interest in combating this.

Perhaps the mods can place the alerts at the beginning of every manufacturer thread, or have it appear at the top of every page in the appropriate thread?

Concavenator

Quote from: andrewsaurus on June 20, 2021, 12:28:25 PM
Is there any way to add some sort of PRODUCT WARNING ALERT to this thread, to advertise the fact that there are pirated copies around and to avoid buying them?  This would hold true for other companies products as well, not only Dino Hazard.  We all have a vested interest in combating this.

Perhaps the mods can place the alerts at the beginning of every manufacturer thread, or have it appear at the top of every page in the appropriate thread?

That would be a good idea. The opening could be modified to state which are the authorized sellers and which aren't, and could be further modified if more companies start carrying this line, like Everything Dinosaur.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 20, 2021, 10:20:40 AM
..sorry but I don't agree with you..

If you sign an agreement with a manufacturer to produce items only for you but the manufacturer sells your items to third-party sellers without a legal authorization, those items are pirated ones even if they are aesthetically the same.
If this happens in a Country with copyright laws, the rights owner can file a lawsuit against the manufacturer, winning it.
I'm totally against piracy in every form and I don't want to support it in any way.

In the past, I saw Chinese websites selling recast resin kits originally from well-known paleo-artists.
They were bootlegs even if identical to originals.

Sorry...
:)

Exactly.

When I think about what's happening, it's even worse than anyone can imagine. the factory got paid for the work, and yet they decided to steal it for their own benefit. It's not like everyone is on DTF and will know about it, so what do you think potential buyers will do when they see such a beautiful model at around $20? So the 100 illegal copies have already brought profit to the people who sold them, and the resellers will earn from future orders, unless the copies get retired.

it's a lot of damage for the real artists involved, and an insult to the Brazilian fellows who funded the campaign.

Dino Scream3232

Conspiracy theory time. Wonder if it could potentially be the same factory that tanked Vitae a couple years ago. The factory owner is corrupt and gambled with the factories money. Then would make bootlegs with the molds or hold the molds "hostage" for more money. I know Rebor and PNSO had issues with this particular factory. Thankfully Vitae recovered and I hope so can Dino Hazard.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on June 20, 2021, 04:47:46 PM
Conspiracy theory time. Wonder if it could potentially be the same factory that tanked Vitae a couple years ago. The factory owner is corrupt and gambled with the factories money. Then would make bootlegs with the molds or hold the molds "hostage" for more money. I know Rebor and PNSO had issues with this particular factory. Thankfully Vitae recovered and I hope so can Dino Hazard.
I doubt so, because Cheung Chung Tat itself collaborates with Dino Hazard, and I don't think it would work with that factory again.

Smilodon P.

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 18, 2021, 05:10:00 AM
He is not, at least for now. Yvy figures contacted him to strike a deal and have Dan's Dinosaurs carry the line, but to their surprise he told them he already had bought a batch of figures through this chinese agent as far as I was told. Actually this was the reason Hugo found out the models had been produced without his knowledge.

Since Yvy was the only official supplier of the models, as they own the line and brand, I think they asked Dan to not sell these illegal models and he has since removed the Dino Hazard line from his website. Not sure if Dan will decide to cooperate down the line with the legitimate owner of the brand or not :-\

In other words, as he will have to relocate production and I will have to wait a few more months to get the my two carcharadontosaurus.  :-[

It´s a serious problem that affects many small producers and companies around the world, and many only realize it when it affects someone close.

In Brazil, we even had a case of a left-wing minister of Culture (and a famous singer and therefore who lives off copyright sales), who used a pirated copy to make a session of a Brazilian film at his house, four months earlier from the premiere of the movie.

RobinGoodfellow

..I don't know if it could be helpful (maybe even package was cloned..) but this is the original art box (mine is a little beated-up by international postal service):

:)

Psittacoraptor

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow Since we were talking about getting this product to local retailers, I don't see a CE marking on the box. They won't be able to sell the product in Europe without it.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Concavenator on June 20, 2021, 09:40:42 AM
I @Ivántirrophus From what I've read, you shouldn't worry about your Irritator being a "bootleg" (because the ones that are sold on AliExpress are originals in the same way as the ones that are sold through the authorized sellers), however, the AliExpress sellers are not authorized as they are selling extra copies from the factory that the owner didn't order them to produce, which it seems it's causing their brand financial damage, and that is the reason why they have said that everyone interested in the model must order it from the authorized sellers.

However, your Irritator, as well as D @Dino Scream3232 's and avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs ' are originals.

If I'm wrong in anything I have said please have someone correct me.

You might be technically correct in assuming these unauthorized copies are equaly as good as the originals, but that doesn't make them legit, ethically speaking. The factory charges a lot of money from the companies to create 3D printed prototypes, to cast them, make the steel molds, charges for materials, for their labor. They are already profitting. The company (in this case Yvy, but could well be Safari, Papo, Schleich) have paid for the molds, they own it and all the rights to be the only sellers of the product they designed.

It is not fair for a small company to struggle to get funds, pay for all of this, so then the factory can make how many copies they want with that company's mould and sell them behind their back. And even if the moulds are the same, there is no guarantee the materials used for production are exactly the same as the legit copies. They could be worse quality plastic and paint app could be done with less quality control.

So in the end, by buying the item from an unauthorized seller you might benefit yourself short term, buy saving a few bucks and getting a model earlier, but long term you will hurt both the company that makes the original product as well as yourself, because you may affect the companies resources so much they stop producing models for good. You could be supporting the company and have them long term making wonderful models or have them go bankrupt in a few months just because you wanted to get a model fast or save a few dollars.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on June 20, 2021, 06:52:13 PM
avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow Since we were talking about getting this product to local retailers, I don't see a CE marking on the box. They won't be able to sell the product in Europe without it.

That is why Everything Dinosaur is getting them tested and certified.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on June 20, 2021, 06:52:13 PM

That is the original box for the brazilian market.

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow That's good to know. I just thought I'd mention it because I had a bad experience with this. I had ordered a figure from the U.S. and the German customs office sent it back because it didn't have a CE marking...

Ikessauro

I apologize beforehand if I'm being too harsh in critizing anyone's opinions here, but I have defended foreign companies against bootleggers from years now, it's just fair I stand for a company from my country that is trying to enter the market. Since I have started collecting name brand models circa 2008, I understood the importance of supporting companies, specially the small ones.

I have been critized in Brazil before by collectors for recommending people don't buy bootlegs. Here in Brazil people have way less purchasing power. Just for a comparison's sake, an American working for 1 hour in a normal minimum wage job would be able to afford a 10 dollar model with just that small amount of work. A person in Brazil making minimum wage, would have to work for a whole week to earn enough to buy that same toy. On top of that we have huge import taxes and sales taxes that make toys here very expensive.

This makes most people prone to buy the cheapest options available when they can't afford to buy expensive toys. This usually means they buy bootlegs. Nevertheless I always try to convince people the best option is to avoid bootlegs if they can afford it. I stress how piracy of toys leads to the originals being retired and getting out of production permanently.

So I feel I have the obligation to defend Yvy in this and say that if you still have not bought your model, do you best to get it from a legitimate seller. I understand that many here bought it from Aliexpress not knowing they were not official and that is ok. But once you know they are not authorized and decide to buy them anyway, you are definitelly supporting piracy and damaging Yvy's chance of success.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 20, 2021, 07:19:30 PM
I apologize beforehand if I'm being too harsh in critizing anyone's opinions here, but I have defended foreign companies against bootleggers from years now, it's just fair I stand for a company from my country that is trying to enter the market. Since I have started collecting name brand models circa 2008, I understood the importance of supporting companies, specially the small ones.

I have been critized in Brazil before by collectors for recommending people don't buy bootlegs. Here in Brazil people have way less purchasing power. Just for a comparison's sake, an American working for 1 hour in a normal minimum wage job would be able to afford a 10 dollar model with just that small amount of work. A person in Brazil making minimum wage, would have to work for a whole week to earn enough to buy that same toy. On top of that we have huge import taxes and sales taxes that make toys here very expensive.

This makes most people prone to buy the cheapest options available when they can't afford to buy expensive toys. This usually means they buy bootlegs. Nevertheless I always try to convince people the best option is to avoid bootlegs if they can afford it. I stress how piracy of toys leads to the originals being retired and getting out of production permanently.

So I feel I have the obligation to defend Yvy in this and say that if you still have not bought your model, do you best to get it from a legitimate seller. I understand that many here bought it from Aliexpress not knowing they were not official and that is ok. But once you know they are not authorized and decide to buy them anyway, you are definitelly supporting piracy and damaging Yvy's chance of success.

I do not think that you are too harsh. We did not know that it was pirated in the Beginning. It was a fast an impulsive buy for me, the Price was the same as from Yvy, it was just the immense shipping cost from Brazil to Germany ( In my case) that wasn't there.

I am also someone with a small purchasing power, and wanted this Figure badly. Of course i could have thought about if it is legit. But Price, info and the 3 different (maybe...^^) Models in the AE Shop plus the additional Info on the Figures made it look legit. I was fooled. A week after Ordering, the extremely cheap ones came to the Surface. I feel absolutely bad, that this happend but i would consider it a stupid mistake i made. It is hard to change now. And giving back the Figure to the Store in China is enviromentally nonsense to me. It is bad enough to buy that much Plastic^^

But you are completely right. It is sad, that you got that much backfire in your Country.

The idea of a "Warning" here on pirated Figures and Fakes is a good Idea and this would help new and older People. But as you said yourself, People tent to buy the cheapest, so maybe this could be used as a List for People that do not care if someone looses Money and Motivation on starting Projects like Figure production. But there is always two sides and if it helps to inform, it is still a good Idea, i would say. People that want to buy Bootlegs will still do so. That was always like this and will always be like that.

And i do have Bootlegs here. I used Bootleg Papos to try Repainting and for Parts. I know that this is bad, but it happend. I am am well aware that these were Mistakes, done by me. But all i can do now is inform others and wait, until there is more Info on Figures that show up on AE or Ebay, that aren't supposed to be there. And of course support the Company/Artists IF it is possible for me. But sadly it is not always possible for me, financially (afterwards. e.g. with the Irritator now.)

I will buy the Videogame to give at least something back. If ED is successful with the Testing and maybe future Yvy Figures will go this way, i will definitly buy from them. And if it is too expensive for me, i just can't have that Figure. That's how it is.

Concavenator

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Thanks for your input. Myself, I haven't bought this model yet, so I haven't supported those AliExpress sellers (and I won't be doing so either), but I hope Everything Dinosaur will get to stock them, because it is one of my most anticipated models of this year.
I asked them at the beginning of the year if they could sell the Irritator through more sellers so it would be more accesible to us European customers. If ED stocks them, that's all I can hope for. Hopefully they can recover from this. Can't Yvy as a company contact those AliExpress sellers and tell them to stop selling those figures the same way they did with Dan?

ITdactyl

Hey Team,

Here's the response I got from my query through the Dino Hazard page:

QuoteGood afternoon Neil,

I am Carolina, responsible for the sales of the Irritator Dino Hazard, manufactured by Yvy Figures. There are some fake stores and we are already taking the legal steps to take them off the air. At this moment it is possible to buy the Official Irritator at the following stores:

In our own store: https://www.yvyfigures.com/us/products/irritator-challengeri-dino-hazard-international-sales/
In the Dino Hazard store: https://www.dinohazard.com/product-page/irritator-yvy-figures-1
Na resale Tienda Dinosaurio: https://www.instagram.com/tienda_de_dinosaurios/

We are sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your contact.

For any other questions, please feel free to contact us

Best Regards

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on June 20, 2021, 04:47:46 PM

Bingo, we saw this today and asked our factory to track it down, guess what? It's indeed that factory called "Shi Hu" which blackmailed us and PNSO, the owner is called "Xiaoquan Zheng" who still owes a lot of money, he's basically a con artist at this point ;D

Zheng is not only selling Vitae and Dino Hazard's products on AliExpress but also on a Chinese website called 1688.com:

https://detail.1688.com/offer/643036980290.html?spm=b26110380.8015204.1688002.1.384e61efMCe8js

Does this Irritator look familiar to you? Remember to take screenshots guys >:D

Anyway here's his number and address:

C:-) Personal details deleted by Admin.

Really sorry for Team Dino Hazard and hope they can get things sorted soon, it's a beautiful Irritator and we'll definitely order a copy or two from Everything Dinosaur for our own collections.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: