News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

UPCOMING PEGASUS HOBBIES TREX/TRIKE AND MORE, BY GALILEO, SHANE FOULKES

Started by Simon, October 17, 2012, 02:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel

It could be anything, but you can be sure I'm going to get it.

BTW, on the first page the Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops are listed as 1/24 scale, but Pegasus's catalog says they're both 1/35 scale. Which is right? I'm going to bummed if they're 1/35. :'(

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Joel on January 14, 2013, 11:24:50 PM
It could be anything, but you can be sure I'm going to get it.

BTW, on the first page the Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops are listed as 1/24 scale, but Pegasus's catalog says they're both 1/35 scale. Which is right? I'm going to bummed if they're 1/35. :'(
Hmmm, it's the complete opposite for me. If they were in 1/35 scale, I would pick up the complete set, for sure :)

Mark1

ihatefeathers144

Blade-of-the-Moon

s.foulkes

They are actually 1/24th scale ,i measured them, they were made with the idea of them to be 1/35th but when Larry showed the to me i checked them out and told him absolutely not , they are 1/24th . What they decide to call them is another story. My model that i did for them was also in the same scale to keep with the Dinosaur size line. Remember Pegasus in a production company not Dinosaur enthusiast. And no i cant devulge what i have sculpted for them, its Larry's job to announce that , i can tell you though that your going to be very suprised at what it is! bet you cant guess.

PS. tidbit--there are two creatures within this kit!
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: s.foulkes on January 18, 2013, 01:49:49 AM
They are actually 1/24th scale ,i measured them, they were made with the idea of them to be 1/35th but when Larry showed the to me i checked them out and told him absolutely not , they are 1/24th . What they decide to call them is another story. My model that i did for them was also in the same scale to keep with the Dinosaur size line. Remember Pegasus in a production company not Dinosaur enthusiast. And no i cant divulge what i have sculpted for them, its Larry's job to announce that , i can tell you though that your going to be very surprised at what it is! bet you cant guess.

PS. tidbit--there are two creatures within this kit!

Wow..that scale sounds great !  Interesting ! I was betting on one big sauropod. Maybe it's an adult and a juvenile one ? lol We already have a Trike and a Rex...so I would figure one of the popular species.  I have my claws crossed for a Diplodocus. Something I've wanted from you from the start Shane. ;)

mmfrankford

Hmm..since they are keeping with well known dinos I'm going to guess a pair of raptors or an ankylosaurus with a pterosaur resting on top of it?  ;D

Joel

Thanks for the info, Shane. When I get them, I can still display them along side my other models and say they're sub-adults or something.

Here's something else I found while looking for online pics of Pegasus's upcoming T.rex and Triceratops:

It's in 1/18 scale, will include both heads, and a diver with a cage. Cool, huh? :))

Mark1

Man, That shark is creepy lookin'... ( shudder... ) a tribute to the one who sculpted it.
As far as Pegasus' dinosaurs... Hmmmmm... I'm thinking a Parasaurolophus and baby.

jweber26

Just picked up the Great White shark today after I ran to the local Hobby Shop on a whim. It's gorgeous! Much heavier than expected. I can't wait to get it together and painted.

Simon

jweber26

Quote from: Simon on March 23, 2013, 07:45:36 PM
Did they have the Triceratops and TRex?

Nope, otherwise I would have picked them up!  ;D

I didn't even know about the Great White kit but it was sitting on their new releases shelf when I walked in. Had to have it. Did some looking online to learn more about the kit and then saw the Rex & Trike prototypes. Cannot wait to add those to the collection.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool. Looks like it made it's release date, 3rd quarter 2013.  I wish I knew what the tag on the dinos said..it would bode well for them making their date as well.

Joel

I just order the great white online, because, as with the new Jurassic Park Allosaurus and the Papo Carnotaurus, no stores in Austin carry it. Hell, we still don't have the Papo running T. rex.  >:( This place can drive me nuts sometimes. Anyway, sorry for my rant; congrats on picking this guy up, jweber26! Post some pics so I can see what I'm in for!

postsaurischian

I also got me the Great White kit - it's really heavy for a model kit.
In my opinion easily the best shark model in that price range so far.
Mine is already in England now ;D.

s.foulkes

Quote from: Joel on March 26, 2013, 07:27:02 AM
I just order the great white online, because, as with the new Jurassic Park Allosaurus and the Papo Carnotaurus, no stores in Austin carry it. Hell, we still don't have the Papo running T. rex.  >:( This place can drive me nuts sometimes. Anyway, sorry for my rant; congrats on picking this guy up, jweber26! Post some pics so I can see what I'm in for!

Joel i can get you one (Papo running Rex) easy if you like!
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Joel

Quote from: s.foulkes on March 26, 2013, 05:25:11 PM
Quote from: Joel on March 26, 2013, 07:27:02 AM

Joel i can get you one (Papo running Rex) easy if you like!
Thanks Shane :D , but I already got one in the mail. He's really cool looking, along with the Carnotaurus. Hmm, do you have the Brachiosaurus up there? I don't have one of those yet!  ;)

postsaurischian

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 26, 2013, 08:49:02 AM
I also got me the Great White kit - it's really heavy for a model kit.
In my opinion easily the best shark model in that price range so far.
Mine is already in England now ;D.

Oops ..... there it is :)!
                 ....... more pictures here

Joel

Great paint job! Martin is a very skilled builder/painter (but of course, we knew that already). What will you be doing with the other head, as it looks like this one is permanently attached to the body?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: