News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

UPCOMING PEGASUS HOBBIES TREX/TRIKE AND MORE, BY GALILEO, SHANE FOULKES

Started by Simon, October 17, 2012, 02:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

reinier zwanink

Would it not have been better for them to update the kit before releasing?
Who want a model now many know its not like that at all

tyrantqueen

Quote from: reinier zwanink on December 09, 2014, 11:58:14 AM
Would it not have been better for them to update the kit before releasing?
Who want a model now many know its not like that at all
Eh it's a JP Spinosaurus. We've known for a long time that the JP spino was not like the real animal.

Paleogene Pals

Thanks, seems like I am waiting for so many of the good things to come! I'd get the Spino as well but already ordered the SS one.

DinoLord

It doesn't match up particularly well anatomically to the JP Spinosaurus either...  :-\

tyrantqueen

Quote from: DinoLord on December 09, 2014, 01:48:58 PM
It doesn't match up particularly well anatomically to the JP Spinosaurus either...  :-\
How come? I might be tempted to pick it up if it can pass for a "pre-2014 revelation" spino (and also because I love working with plastic kits).

DinoLord

It's hard to certain given that there's only one angle to work with, but the jaw and crest shape looks different and the limbs don't look quite robust enough. The tail is also much too curled though I'm not sure if that could be modified or not.

Blade-of-the-Moon

When looking at this Spino I'm reminded of Shane's current one..sort of a mix between realistic and fantasy. He said himself his was supposed to be the JP version but the client backed out so he fixed it as best he could to be realistic.  I feel something similar is what we are seeing here.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 09, 2014, 06:17:25 PM
When looking at this Spino I'm reminded of Shane's current one..sort of a mix between realistic and fantasy. He said himself his was supposed to be the JP version but the client backed out so he fixed it as best he could to be realistic.  I feel something similar is what we are seeing here.
Maybe for some people that is fine but from my point of view it tries to please two camps but fails to fully satisfy either. I wish he could have have made a fully accurate Spino. I don't really want JPsaurs in my collection. Oh well, there will be others I guess.

triceratops83

Are we gonna get any info on future releases soon? It's not just gonna end after the Liopleurodon?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 10, 2014, 04:20:18 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 09, 2014, 06:17:25 PM
Maybe for some people that is fine but from my point of view it tries to please two camps but fails to fully satisfy either. I wish he could have have made a fully accurate Spino. I don't really want JPsaurs in my collection. Oh well, there will be others I guess.

Probably. Shane might eventually do one..not sure of the scale though.

yankeetrex

I highly recommend both, the price for detail/size is amazing. Very affordable compared to even Geenemodels JP spino sculpted by the same talented sculpter.

The Spino is about 16-17 inches pre-curve and around 21-22 with curve. I love it, in my opinion is very much like the JP spinosaurus.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur now stocks all three of the Pegasus Hobbies 1:24 scale model kits, T. rex, Triceratops and Spinosaurus:Pegasus Hobbies Dinosaur Model Kits Now Available from Everything Dinosaur

Argentavis

The spino looks great, like the one in JP3. Love the fish on the base.

modelnut

Any word on when the Liopleurodon is going to be released? :D

- Leelan

yankeetrex

dinosaurdungeon

reinier zwanink

OOH is that you
I have been checking all your videos
Nice ones

The spino looks good just not my style

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think it's a great JP3 Spino..a dio with it and running people figures would be great.

Paleogene Pals

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: