News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

UPCOMING PEGASUS HOBBIES TREX/TRIKE AND MORE, BY GALILEO, SHANE FOULKES

Started by Simon, October 17, 2012, 02:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe a mini wall mount or magnet ?

Fish may be friends not food..but that guy in the cage isn't a fish ! heh heh

s.foulkes

Quote from: Joel on March 26, 2013, 07:45:44 PM
Quote from: s.foulkes on March 26, 2013, 05:25:11 PM
Quote from: Joel on March 26, 2013, 07:27:02 AM
I just order the great white online, because, as with the new Jurassic Park Allosaurus and the Papo Carnotaurus, no stores in Austin carry it. Hell, we still don't have the Papo running T. rex.  >:( This place can drive me nuts sometimes. Anyway, sorry for my rant; congrats on picking this guy up, jweber26! Post some pics so I can see what I'm in for!

Joel i can get you one (Papo running Rex) easy if you like!
Thanks Shane :D , but I already got one in the mail. He's really cool looking, along with the Carnotaurus. Hmm, do you have the Brachiosaurus up there? I don't have one of those yet!  ;)

Joel yes I can get one for you...........it will be done ,I will let you know when it have it and ship it to you.

Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Joel

Thanks Shane, I sent you message over Facebook about it. Do you know when Pegasus is going to release the piece you did for them? I can't wait to see it!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Joel on April 09, 2013, 08:47:42 PM
Great paint job! Martin is a very skilled builder/painter (but of course, we knew that already). What will you be doing with the other head, as it looks like this one is permanently attached to the body?

Martin made a little trophy for me :):

Blade-of-the-Moon

Derek Sohoza

Quote from: s.foulkes on April 10, 2013, 05:24:02 AM
Quote from: Joel on March 26, 2013, 07:45:44 PM
Quote from: s.foulkes on March 26, 2013, 05:25:11 PM
Quote from: Joel on March 26, 2013, 07:27:02 AM
I just order the great white online, because, as with the new Jurassic Park Allosaurus and the Papo Carnotaurus, no stores in Austin carry it. Hell, we still don't have the Papo running T. rex.  >:( This place can drive me nuts sometimes. Anyway, sorry for my rant; congrats on picking this guy up, jweber26! Post some pics so I can see what I'm in for!

Joel i can get you one (Papo running Rex) easy if you like!
Thanks Shane :D , but I already got one in the mail. He's really cool looking, along with the Carnotaurus. Hmm, do you have the Brachiosaurus up there? I don't have one of those yet!  ;)

Joel yes I can get one for you...........it will be done ,I will let you know when it have it and ship it to you.

Shane, is there any possibility of re-releasing your ceratosaurus vs. kentrosaurus kit? The only one I could find for sale was selling for $900.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Simon

Looks like its gonna be 2014 now.

BTW, Shane's piece - the third in the set - is going to be a Liopleurodon - 18" long:

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Simon on November 12, 2013, 08:20:05 PM
Looks like its gonna be 2014 now.

BTW, Shane's piece - the third in the set - is going to be a Liopleurodon - 18" long:

I love it!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

spaniardraptor

Mmmmm i loke the models... but the baby tric under T.rex claws looks a bit "stiff" to me... also i don´t think the t rex´s pose reflects the "ok i got you , now im gonna eat u" moment....:(

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: spaniardraptor on November 13, 2013, 10:12:35 AM
Mmmmm i loke the models... but the baby tric under T.rex claws looks a bit "stiff" to me... also i don´t think the t rex´s pose reflects the "ok i got you , now im gonna eat u" moment....:(

The rigidity could be explained by death...depending on how long it's been dead.

The pose of the Rex I think is meant to be defending his kill. Either from the mother triceratops or maybe another Rex ?

Simon

Cult TV Man is taking PRE-ORDERS for the TRex and Trike kits, due to come out early 2014.

Just ordered mine - you get a discount of $5 per kit by ordering now.

The link:  https://www.culttvmanshop.com/Preorder-Items_c_135.html

postsaurischian

Simon

Just to clarify - you do NOT have to pay when you preorder - the bill will come when the item is in stock.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like they spelled Tyrannosaurus wrong  ( Tyranasaurous Rex ) no big deal just a nitpick.

jweber26

I've picked up both the Triceratops & TRex kits and plan on picking up the Spino for Christmas. Really looking forward to start painting these guys.

I have a question though....

What type of primer should I use on these vinyl kits? I asked at my local hobby shop and the gentleman there was not sure and made it sound like vinyl is a tough medium to paint on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: jweber26 on November 26, 2014, 09:02:08 PM
I've picked up both the Triceratops & TRex kits and plan on picking up the Spino for Christmas. Really looking forward to start painting these guys.

What type of primer should I use on these vinyl kits? I asked at my local hobby shop and the gentleman there was not sure and made it sound like vinyl is a tough medium to paint on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A hobby primer seems like a safe option. I like Vallejo's, but there are other brands such as Krylon's that you could try. If you're not sure try testing the primer on a scrap piece of vinyl.

jweber26

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 26, 2014, 09:54:58 PM
Quote from: jweber26 on November 26, 2014, 09:02:08 PM

A hobby primer seems like a safe option. I like Vallejo's, but there are other brands such as Krylon's that you could try. If you're not sure try testing the primer on a scrap piece of vinyl.

Good call on testing on some scraps. I picked up a can of Tamiya surface primer. Awfully pricey at $11 for a rather small can.

Paleogene Pals

Blade-of-the-Moon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: