News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wild Past - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, February 17, 2021, 02:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Concavenator on September 27, 2021, 11:48:52 AM
Will it be released at the same time as the Scutosaurus and Kotlassia? If you changed the release date on dinotoycollector.com from 2020 to the Q4 of 2021, then I would expect them to be released soon.  ??? avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator
Both products will be released at the same time, yes. They share thesame mold.

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 27, 2021, 05:02:36 PM
That looks great
will it come with a base like the Protoceratops and Tethyshadros?

Not a "base" but Scutosaurus is accompanied by the little Kotlassia.

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Thanks for helping out :-D

I think the figures will be ready end of November/ early december

Concavenator

Great that they're going to be available soon, I was worried. Also looking forward to seeing the colour schemes. 

ItsTwentyBelow

Cool preview of the Scutosaurus & Kotlassia! I love the little Permian scenery piece for the "Kot". Excited to see them painted up, and I don't think I've seen the full Majungasaurus sculpt. Are there pics of that?

Excited since I ordered the Tethyshadros pair from Everything Dino last week as my first venture into Wild Past, so they should get here in a few days now! I'm really happy that the decision was made to make the base for the walking Tethyshadros detachable. I will probably use it alone as additional scenery/terrain in dioramas from time to time, whenever the Tethys are in their box.

Do we have any idea what other species may be planned for this line?

Sim

ItsTwentyBelow

Ah, thanks for the link there, Sim. Seems like I was aware of that nice Plateosaurus sculpt, but I had not seen the Emausaurus pair! Hope I can add them to my collection in the future.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on September 27, 2021, 06:15:38 PM

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Thanks for helping out :-D

No Problem, my Friend. I hope i wasn't overreaching :D (is that sentence even working in english this way? :D)

Grimbeard

Both the Scutosaurus & Kotlassia look really nice, always great to see more permian creatures that are not Dimetrodon. Looking forward to see how the painted version will look like.

I hope all three sell well enough that the Plateosaurus has a chance as well, criminally underepresented species considering how much materials we have and how many controverises it had.

ItsTwentyBelow

I've really been enjoying making dioramas with my Tethyshadros pair over the last couple of weeks. I'm really pleased with them, although the sculpt seems to be unfinished on the underside of the neck on the resting Tethyshadros figure. Luckily it blends in well enough.

Looks like the Wild Past Majungasaurus is coming along based on the latest episodes of Andy's Dinosaur Reviews! I'm glad this model will be to scale with Tethyshadros. I like their mostly 1:35 scale standard.

Looking forward to the finished figure along with the box art, too. The boxes are part of the collectible with these figures in my opinion.

Concavenator

Hey, avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector , I have seen the progress pics of the Majungasaurus and Scutosaurus, Paleofiguras shared them. Looking forward to seeing both of them finished, with paintjobs and all! They're looking great.  ^-^

I will leave a link here for folks to see:

https://twitter.com/wildpast_studio/status/1465290617790078980

Sim

Thanks for sharing the update, Concavenator.  I looked on Wild Past's Facebook page and there was a lot of updates I hadn't seen.  However I was disappointed to see the Majungasaurus will have little bases permanently attached to its feet.  Oh well, it means I won't get it... :-\

Fembrogon

I'll post the image here in case someone doesn't want to click the Twitter link:

I admit, I'm surprised by how small the Majunga is; was the scale of the model discussed previously?
The foot bases don't appear very noticeable, though. I'm looking forward to seeing both models completed.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Majungasaurus is 1:35 scale, same as the Protoceratops and Tethyshadros. The Scutosaurus is 1:20 scale though, which may be why the Majungasaurus looks small. Majungasaurus was smaller on average than some people think anyway.
I'm eagerly looking forward to both of these.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Fembrogon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 29, 2021, 08:55:26 PM
The Scutosaurus is 1:20 scale though, which may be why the Majungasaurus looks small. Majungasaurus was smaller on average than some people think anyway.
*quick internet search*
...Huh, yeah, that's a good few meters less than I remembered. Okay. Scutes being 1:20 probably exacerbates it too.

Shonisaurus

By the way, is there a Wild Past store where to buy these figures apart from the stores they mention, ie urzeitshop, everythingdinosaur or dansdinosaur?

Duck

Any wild past updates for late December?
He who dwells in pond

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 30, 2021, 01:36:24 PM
By the way, is there a Wild Past store where to buy these figures apart from the stores they mention, ie urzeitshop, everythingdinosaur or dansdinosaur?
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, deJankins also sells Wild Past figures.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on December 26, 2021, 06:36:02 PM

Thanks for the info. I have had very good commercial experiences with DejanKins so I will take note when buying in the future.

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 02, 2022, 02:19:25 AM
Quote from: SidB on December 26, 2021, 06:36:02 PM

Thanks for the info. I have had very good commercial experiences with DejanKins so I will take note when buying in the future.

That's great news, Dean is great to work with

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: