News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd 2022 Hopes and Dreams

Started by CarnotaurusKing, March 19, 2021, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnotaurusKing

I'll start. I'm hoping for any of these.

Dinosaurs
Dilophosaurus
Alioramus
Bistahieversor

any alvarezsaurid
Gallimimus
Utahraptor
Titanis
Cetiosaurus
Barosaurus
Supersaurus
Brachiosaurus
(not Giraffatitan)
Utahceratops
Anodontosaurus
Dryosaurus
Ouranosaurus
Tenontosaurus
Maiasaura

Non-dinosaurs
Prionosuchus
Mastodonsaurus

any mosasaur (with countershading pattern, as per new evidence)
any placodont
Nothosaurus
Purussaurus

suspsy

Isn't there already a thread for this somewhere?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CarnotaurusKing

Quote from: suspsy on March 19, 2021, 06:44:51 PM
Isn't there already a thread for this somewhere?

I only saw one for 2021. Apologies if there already is another thread.

GojiraGuy1954

I'm going to assume we won't get much in 2022, so i'll keep my list to this;

Scaly Tyrannosaurus
Updated Maiasaura
Mosasaurus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

There was this thread, but it wasn't in the sub-forum where you'd normally expect to find it: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9107.0

Anyway, I wish for more Toobs, as always, and also for more prehistoric plants. I live for disappointment.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CarnotaurusKing

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 24, 2021, 10:14:27 PM
There was this thread, but it wasn't in the sub-forum where you'd normally expect to find it: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9107.0

Anyway, I wish for more Toobs, as always, and also for more prehistoric plants. I live for disappointment.

Oh. My bad then.

Stegotyranno420

Carnegie Collector

I really want to see more 1:40 scale sauropods.  Perhaps a Barosaurus, a Brontosaurus (sounded they resurrected the genus), and a big titanosaur like Argentinosaurus or Paralititan or a brachiosaur like Sauroposeidon. Mamenchisaurus would be another great one for an updated figure.  A plateosaurus would be nice too.

Also, a few new theropods like Tarbosaurus, Bistahieversor, Lythronax, and Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus would be nice. And a megalosaurus or eustreptospondylus too. Dryptosaurus needs a figure as well.  For spinosaurids, maybe an irritator or ichthyovenator, and for Triassic and early Jurassic dinosaurs, Cryolophosaurus, Lilliensternus, Herrerasaurus, and Eoraptor. And Saurophaganax and ornitholestes for late Jurassic. Plus rugops and majungasaurus for the African theropods.   

For thyreophora, I would like to see a euoplocephalus figure, a dacentrurus, a scelidosaurus, wuerhosaurus, and a new miragaia and kentrosaurus. 

For ornithopods, I want to see camptosaurus, dryosaurus, othnielia, lambeosaurus, shantungosaurus, corythosaurus, and Ouranosaurus.

For ceratopsians, I want to see Pentaceratops, Centrosaurus, Zuniceratops, protoceratops, chasmosaurus, and monoclonius.

Also, as someone else already said, Alvarezsaurs would be nice too. And a new oviraptor figure. 

And of course, a nicely feathered Therizinosaurus or Nothronychus.

For pterosaurs, I want to see Anurognathus, Eudimorphodon, Dsungaripterus, and Nyctosaurus.

For marine reptiles, a shonisaurus, dolichorynchops, plesiosaurus, henodus, nothosaurus, and a new mosasaurus. 

For other reptiles and amphibians, a euparkeria, a lystrosaurus, a champsosaurus, a rutiodon, a desmatosuchus, a moschops, an edaphosaurus, a tiktaalik, a eusthenopteron, an ichthyostega, and a beelzebufo. 

A couple of giant Carboniferous insects like Meganeura would be nice too, and some eurypterids. 

And hybodont sharks, cladoselache, falcatus, and stethacanthus. 
Lifelong collector of model dinosaurs.  My favorite brand is Safari Ltd, especially the Carnegie Collection.

Shonisaurus

I wish more prehistoric mammals. A paraceratherium is for me an obligate prehistoric mammal, also a homotherium, barburofelis, eusmilus ... in short a saber-toothed feline or saber-toothed carnivore other than smilodon.

A basilosaurus would be another species for me coveted by Safari.

Why doesn't Safari venture into making more prehistoric and rare mammals on the toy market?

Bowhead Whale

profnik

:D I have the list right here for 2022 hope and dreams in included

Wild Safari Prehistoric World:
Tiktaalik
Dire Wolf
Dreadnoughtus
Anomalocaris
Megaloceros
Zuul
Yi Qi
Hadrosaurus
Paraceratherium
Albertosaurus
Archelon
Colombian mammoth
Kosmoceratops OR Protoceratops

Mythical realms:
Loch Ness Monster
Mokele-mbembe

Toobs:

Extinct Toobs:
Dodo Bird
Woolly Mammoth
Passenger Pigeon
Thylacine
Quagga
Giant Moa
Great Auk
Steller's seacow

Life Before Dinosaurs Toobs:
Dimetrodon
Tiktaalik
Anomalocaris
Sea scorpion
Dunkleosteus
Meganeura
Tully monster
Cephalaspis

Good luck mini:
saber tooth tiger
Trilobites and ammonites

Good luck mini prehistoric fun pack

Shonisaurus

Paraceratherium, paraceratherium, paraceratherium ... I need a mate from my huge iToy paraceratherium to serve as a hatchling, as I suppose it will be at least four times smaller than Itoy's, but we need more love for the paraceratherium.

A tsintosaurus that attractive Chinese hadrosaurid I like to rage but with its "retro" unicorn version more than with the current version that does not attract me exactly that much.

A rajasaurus and a majungasaurus I do not understand how those two abilasaurids are still not in the Safari brand.

An albertosaurus, gorgosaurus and an alioramus need more tyrannosauroids and those three well known to me do not yet have a worthy representation in most of the toy dinosaur companies.

A mapusaurus we need more mapusaurus.

Barosaurus, dicraeosaurus, saltasaurus, barosaurus, argentinosaurus (without scale I understand that the latter is a very large figure)

A ursus spelaeus or an arctodus simus those two prehistoric mammals I like that they are more represented.

Prehistoric amphibians a large massive diplocaulus would appreciate it and a reasonably sized mastodonsaurus.

Finally, a dsungaripterus, ludodactylus, phobetor or a ptedodaustro, I love those pterosaurs and I don't understand why they are not sold in known toy dinosaur companies.

SidB

I don't know if this thought has been expressed here, but I hope that the success of the PNSO steamroller doesn't flatten Safari's chances of continuing to develop their Mesozoic line by totally grabbing market share. I'm going to assume that Safari's market focus is a defence against this because of it's somewhat different target for sales.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Again I assume its not quite the same market because the lower average price point for Safari figures. So I'd assume different markets
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on June 18, 2021, 08:23:36 PM
Again I assume its not quite the same market because the lower average price point for Safari figures. So I'd assume different markets
Safari's going to have to be creative in their product range, pricing and distribution to cope with the PNSO colossus, but I think that they can do it. As much as I love their dinosaurs, I will continue to collect Safari releases. For instance, I plan to order the new repaint of Watson's remarkable feathered T-rex. The basic sculpt can stand up against any of the Wilson versions, and, by way of comparison, any of the classic Battat variants as well.

ITdactyl

I have serious doubts about the PNSO steamroller effect. Maybe we're just getting that impression because the vocal majority in the forum or over at social media are online shoppers. I'm still inclined to believe the bigger chunk of dinosaur figure buyers get theirs from retail stores.  Also, Safari's still making "toys" (i.e. for active play) while PNSO targets serious collectors (shelf bling).

Or maybe I'm just flat out wrong.

Barosaurus, yes. I'm hoping Safari would take a gamble at a speculative reconstruction of the giant Barosaurus... or even Maraapunisaurus as a giant rebbachisaurid.

And more pterosaurs (other than Pteranodon and Quetzalcoatlus), yes. While I'm hoping for an Arambourgiania or Hatzegopteryx, I know people are starting to get Azhdarchid fatigue. So, yes to Ludodactylus -the toy pterosaur definitely deserves a toy form, and Pterodactylus - who has yet to receive a toy form despite its name being used for ALL pterosaur toys by the general public.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

For me, and indeed anyone in the UK, Safari Ltd are also an online only presence, but it makes sense it will have more success in places where they have a physical presence for that reason. Same with CollectA unless you visit the Isle of Wight. Same with Papo since Toys R Us have gone.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

triceratops83

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that Safari is the quintessential dinosaur toy brand. It's been around for practically ever and I hope always will be. The Carnegie collection was my most coveted prize when I was a kid, and remember longing for Safari figures like the Dinosaurs of China and the Carcharodontosaurus I saw in magazines. PNSO is a wonderful line, but I wouldn't cry if they were discontinued - "They had a good run and released some great stuff". But if we lost Safari, I'd probably quickly lose interest in this Hobby. Personally, I don't think Safari has anything to worry about, PNSO is just another shiny object in front of the collecting cat, like Papo, I guess, (albeit far more accurate and palatable.) Anyone who is truly interested in accurate prehistoric figures will always look to Safari, they just have the additional option to go for PNSO as well. Personally I feel Safari figures are classic toy animals with PNSO falling under the category of higher end models.

Anyway my usual requests still stand - (all in 1:35) Brontosaurus, Alamosaurus, Corythosaurus, Hypacrosaurus, Maiasaura and any other Ornithopod.

With my new requests - Galliminus/Struthiomimus and Geosternbergia in flying pose and smaller than the current Pteranodon (Love it but too big for my purposes.)
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

grantharding

This would never happen, but I'd love to see a Toob of dinosaurs based on the reconstructions in "All Yesterdays" (like fluffy Leaellynasaura and haystack Therizinosaurus), and another Toob of Dougal Dixon's "After Man" creatures.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I would agree that Safari doesn't have anything to worry about. They outlasted Battat, after all. As others have said, PNSO is more of a niche product aimed at collectors. I personally have no interest in PNSO at all. Safari has, of course, been a mainstay now for decades, and has come to be the standard for toy dinosaurs.

As for new figures, I'd like to see:

Dinornis or Pachyornis
Megaloceros
Rutiodon
Basilosaurus cetoides
Bothriolepis
Hyneria or Rhizodus
Placerias
Struthiomimus
Plateosaurus
Arthropleura
Lepidodendron
Pterosaur Toob

A bit much for one year, but any of these from Safari would be nice. In general, I would like more paleozoic and cenozoic creatures, with focus on classic species.

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: