News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, March 26, 2021, 05:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

A repaint of their vinyl Velociraptor from last year:

And a new Giganotosaurus "soft model" (=PVC figurine):

FD-326 squishy vinyl Giganotosaurus

And these two repainted vinyl models are exclusive to an exhibition on Laramidian dinosaurs in Yokohama:

The Anomalocaris in their Prehistoric Life line is being replaced with this repaint:
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Stegotyranno420

looks more like a utahraptor. The sculpt is great and the paint is decent, but i cannot figure out whats so odd and bizarre about it

Halichoeres

Quote from: sauroid on March 26, 2021, 06:02:52 PM
is it hollow/soft?

Yes, hollow vinyl.

I'm hoping for a revival of the Prehistoric Life series this year.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Loon

That thing looks hardly much better than the feathered Recur Velociraptor. Must be the year of bad Japanese dromaeosaur figures.

Other than that, I can only hope we see more Tokugawa stuff.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Not a great start, hopefully better will come
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Might be wishful thinking, but there could be some delayed museum exclusives in the pipeline. Sometimes with those they venture into slightly less familiar territory than the stock dinos in the core Dinosaurs line.

Shonisaurus

Honestly, Favorite's hollow vinyl figure doesn't impress me. I like their 2020 vinyl quetzalcoatlus by far more.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Hopefully it is not an illusion. The Favorite Museum exclusive figures are truly figures far superior to the normal line of Favorite dinosaurs in quality and perfection.

I hope that this year or the next Favorite will encourage him to make more figures of prehistoric animals from the Paleozoic and Mesozoic, that are superior to his smilodon.

Halichoeres

New teaser on Favorite's blog:

I think it's Giganotosaurus, but they don't specify, and anyway carcharodontosaurids mostly look the same to me.

ITdactyl

They've been conservative with their choices and always go for the crowd favorites, so Giggles is likely.

The blog text does say:
#ティラノサウルス に並ぶ、もしくは上回る巨体の大型肉食恐竜。現在、鋭意開発中です。
荒木一成氏による原型を少し公開。
大きな頭部に、鋭い鉤爪のある3本の指。
お楽しみに!

"A large carnivorous dinosaur that is as large as or larger than Tyrannosaurus. Currently under production.
Presenting the prototype by Mr. Kazunari Araki.
[It has] three fingers with sharp claws and a large head.
Look forward to it!"

Shonisaurus

That is wonderful, another company that joins the commercialization of giganotosaurus, when it was discovered in the 90s of the last century and its announcement was published in the newspapers, my father told me, knowing my love of collecting dinosaurs that that would give a lot to talk about in dinosaur toy figures and he was not mistaken, it had a prophetic effect.

Halichoeres

Thanks for the translation, avatar_ITdactyl @ITdactyl. I agree that Giggles is likeliest given that the main dinosaur line has always played it very safe. Also, Giggles is a good nickname. 

Gwangi

I'm pretty sure Giganotosaurus is going to be Giggles from here on out.

Fembrogon

"Giggles"...  :)) :)) :)) Okay, then.

Color me intruiged; the promo photo looks decently fleshed out, more so than some of Favorite's other dinos.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Gwangi on May 09, 2021, 01:25:25 PM
I'm pretty sure Giganotosaurus is going to be Giggles from here on out.
Well I won't be giggling anytime soon at that name

Honestly the oversized hands ruin it for me.

Patrx

I, too, will be using the name "Giggles" for Giganotosaurus from here on.
Definitely some shrinkwrappery going on around the face there, kind of a hallmark of Araki, honestly. But, the body does look a little less skeletal that some of his other work, based on this one, slightly blurry photo.

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 06, 2021, 07:15:04 PM
... anyway carcharodontosaurids mostly look the same to me.
Glad it's not just me  :))

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm also going to call it Giggles from now on.
This figure doesn't interest me though, there's still hope there
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ITdactyl

Favorite Co. has a new teaser for the vinyl version of Giggles.

leidy

Looks a shade more like Mapusaurus to me, but it's all within the range of artistic license.  Pose is perhaps a bit uninspired, but it looks like a spectacular sculpt.

ITdactyl

I'm not too familiar with the head shapes of that family - but now that you've mentioned it, that side view of the vinyl model does look similar to recent reconstructions of Mapusaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: