You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Rebor posted some new pictures of Kiss on their Facebook and Instagram. The first color scheme is called the "Mountain" variant.

I'm not familiar with how Rebor releases figures, does this kind of reveals usually mean that the figure will be released shortly?
But today, I'm just being father

SenSx

Quote from: SRF on April 30, 2022, 12:40:30 PM
Rebor posted some new pictures of Kiss on their Facebook and Instagram. The first color scheme is called the "Mountain" variant.

I'm not familiar with how Rebor releases figures, does this kind of reveals usually mean that the figure will be released shortly?

I would guess so, since they estimated the Deinosuchus (and hopefully the Sarcosuchus too) release for Christmas.
The rexes are much more advanced now, we can expect them for this summer or this autumn in my opinion.

LBDINO

This figure is tremendous the pose, the paint, the option of lipped or lipless they have really nailed it!! Am sure ppl on here know more then i do but this figure looks like it will blow out pnso wilson in sende of accurate t rex. the Paint jobs, the theeth design and the skin all seem superior to wilson. This will out of doubt be my first rebor figure cant wait

Carnoking

They really nailed it here. So nice to see they're going through with it. Hopefully high sales convince them to continue to explore this avenue on top of everything else they do.

I will say, I'm kind of bummed they don't seem to be doing paint variants between the two sculpts. I think having even more options for people to pick from (or just buy all of) on top of lipped/lipless would further bolster sales. Plus, it's always fun choosing a favorite variant.

Of course, they could have plans for repaints down the line but that would sure be annoying if you bought either of their first two and decided you liked a later revealed version better.

LBDINO

Quote from: Carnoking on April 30, 2022, 03:52:58 PM
They really nailed it here. So nice to see they're going through with it. Hopefully high sales convince them to continue to explore this avenue on top of everything else they do.

I will say, I'm kind of bummed they don't seem to be doing paint variants between the two sculpts. I think having even more options for people to pick from (or just buy all of) on top of lipped/lipless would further bolster sales. Plus, it's always fun choosing a favorite variant.

Of course, they could have plans for repaints down the line but that would sure be annoying if you bought either of their first two and decided you liked a later revealed version better.

Yea that would be annoying if they later release different paint schemes down the road, a wwd version would be at the top of my wishlist! I know it may be to late or early depending on how you look at it but one based off the prehistoric planet t rex would be juicy lol

Faelrin

You know I wasn't feeling the coloration of this one at first but I'm really liking how it looks in these shots. Did they go back and alter it somewhat?  The black stripes look a bit subtle and the white ones on the tail look more prominent. Really digging the pose on the tail too. Think I'll pre-order this the moment it goes up on BBTS.

I think this might be the definitive T. rex for me other then the BotM ones.

I'm also curious if this will get another coloration or if Tusk is essentially the other coloration? It does mention it is the Mountain version.

That said I'm also stoked for the bases they showed earlier and hope to pick those up as well. They've always done excellent bases. And of course King Trident to duel with this new T. rex.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

hmm maybe we'll get other colors..eventually..but I wouldn't hold my breath.  We're still missing a couple of the Alien/dino color schemes and a few of the retrosaur ones too..I have a Primal Rage Blizzard paint of the Gorilla that is still sitting a box waiting for any other companion piece lol

Basically take what you can get. ;)

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2022, 04:33:12 PM
hmm maybe we'll get other colors..eventually..but I wouldn't hold my breath.  We're still missing a couple of the Alien/dino color schemes and a few of the retrosaur ones too..I have a Primal Rage Blizzard paint of the Gorilla that is still sitting a box waiting for any other companion piece lol

Basically take what you can get. ;)

Yeah, that's the other thing about it. It seems not even their repaints are a sure bet anymore with REBOR's release schedule. I've certainly been holding out on the Californication Retrosaur in hopes of getting the Primal Rage variant but that first version dropped months ago. I also recall a similar situation with last year's Carnotaurus rex where Sideshow inspired color schemes were teased promptly after the original release finally started getting out to collectors but we never saw anything come of that.

Meanwhile, projects like their Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus and recent Saurophaganax all had their paint variants released all at once. Not sure if that's indicative of anything...

Faelrin

Yeah I'm still waiting on those Primal Rage versions to drop too. Was thinking about them earlier this morning actually.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

danmalcolm

This is the most incredible rex model I've ever seen. It finally captures the bulky magnitude of the king in a way that looks realistic and natural. I'll buy two the day it becomes available.

Bread

Looks great! Probably the most anticipated figure of the year for me.

Speaking of releases, a great time for Rebor to really push this out would be summer, due to the Planet Dinosaurs documentary. Would be a quick cash grab, but regardless its a Tyrannosaurus so it sells well!

Now, where the hell do I order this?

Duna

Quote from: Bread on April 30, 2022, 09:13:44 PM

Speaking of releases, a great time for Rebor to really push this out would be summer, due to the Planet Dinosaurs documentary. Would be a quick cash grab, but regardless its a Tyrannosaurus so it sells well!
Those scales over the eye look almost identical to the Prehistoric Planet tyrannosaurus (specially the female's) ...

Eocarcharia

*sigh* I'm gonna have to start getting Rebor figures now, aren't I?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Duna on April 30, 2022, 10:25:15 PM

Those scales over the eye look almost identical to the Prehistoric Planet tyrannosaurus (specially the female's) ...

Those bumps above the eyes are not scale, but keratin adornments. Also, pretty sure the scene specifies that this T. rex is a male, not a female.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dinoxels

Quote from: Duna on April 30, 2022, 10:25:15 PM

I love how both of these messages are wrong in some form
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

SRF

That T. Rex in prehistoric planet is indeed called "father" so it's meant to be a male. If Rebor releases this T. Rex alongside the hype for Prehistoric planet this figure is definitely going to be a hit.

For me Kiss is definitely the release for this year I'm looking forward to the most. It's going to be hard for Eofauna to top this one I think. And the bar was already set quite high by PNSO with Winter Wilson.
But today, I'm just being father

Duna

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 30, 2022, 10:45:25 PM
Those bumps above the eyes are not scale, but keratin adornments. Also, pretty sure the scene specifies that this T. rex is a male, not a female.
I didn't say that they ressembled THAT rex in THAT picture, I know it's the male. I said that the Rebor ressembled the female, because its keratin things are smaller like hers, not as large as the male's.

Concavenator

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 30, 2022, 10:31:06 PM
*sigh* I'm gonna have to start getting Rebor figures now, aren't I?

I could easily see me starting to collect Rebor stuff if they released more figures like this. I won't be getting this one as I will go with Eofauna's instead, as I'm sure it will be the most accurate version on the market. I still admit this is a fabulous attempt though, and I do agree with it beating Wilson. I also hope it proves to be successful enough for them to consider releasing, even if not all of their figures, at least some scientifically accurate figures from time to time, even though I'm not holding my breath because this is very out of character from them and probably only did it this time because it's a Tyrannosaurus.

Onto the matter of more colour variants, why not release one with the colours of the Prehistoric Planet T.rex? I'm sure a lot of people would love that. It's not like they are afraid of copying, this current colour scheme is clearly taken from a Blue Rhino statue.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Duna on May 01, 2022, 02:17:45 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 30, 2022, 10:45:25 PM
I didn't say that they ressembled THAT rex in THAT picture, I know it's the male. I said that the Rebor ressembled the female, because its keratin things are smaller like hers, not as large as the male's.
Why post the male
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: