News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Duck's Collection

Started by Duck, September 29, 2021, 05:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duck

Here's some images of my  small but nice collection as of today. Sorry for the bad images, photography is not my strong suite.

He who dwells in pond

GojiraGuy1954

I need to get that new Papo Allo. The original was the first Papo dinosaur I ever bought (alongside the Dimetrodon) and it's pretty beaten up.

I'm never going to replace those originals, though. They'll always have a special place in my heart
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Duck

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 29, 2021, 06:12:04 PM
I need to get that new Papo Allo. The original was the first Papo dinosaur I ever bought (alongside the Dimetrodon) and it's pretty beaten up.

I'm never going to replace those originals, though. They'll always have a special place in my heart

Yeah, it's the same thing with me and those Schleich figures. I just really liked them for some reason. As well as my chinasaur Styracosaurus.
He who dwells in pond

SidB

avatar_Duck @Duck , that's a small but excellent start to a collection. Your emphasis on quality is evident - it always trumps mere quantity.

Duck

Quote from: SidB on September 29, 2021, 06:16:30 PM
avatar_Duck @Duck , that's a small but excellent start to a collection. Your emphasis on quality is evident - it always trumps mere quantity.

Thank you!
He who dwells in pond

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Duck on September 29, 2021, 06:15:48 PM

Yeah, it's the same thing with me and those Schleich figures. I just really liked them for some reason. As well as my chinasaur Styracosaurus.
I have that old Dilo too
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Duck

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 29, 2021, 08:52:17 PM
Quote from: Duck on September 29, 2021, 06:15:48 PM

I have that old Dilo too
Yeah it looks kinda cute.  :))
He who dwells in pond

Bread

Nice assortment you have there. What are those two sauropods in the first image? The ones standing next to the triceratops.

Duck

avatar_Bread @Bread Those are two Schleich juvenile Brachiosaurs. I really liked them for some reason, so I thought I'd add them to my display.
He who dwells in pond

Duck

Here is a photo. Also I took a picture of the collection at night. I recently added some lighting to the shelf and I think it looks really nice.

He who dwells in pond

Bread

Quote from: Duck on September 30, 2021, 12:13:36 AM
avatar_Bread @Bread Those are two Schleich juvenile Brachiosaurs. I really liked them for some reason, so I thought I'd add them to my display.
Thank you, they look great side by side each other. Also thank you for the photo.

Also, lighting looks great. Nice touch.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations, many of those figures belong to the medium / small figures that Schleich made in 2003, their paint tones were very striking.

Lynx

I love your collection! I've been meaning to say something on here, so nows the time I have the chance.
The new lighting is very neat, and I adore the way you displayed the various figures without making it look messy.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that suchomimus (the one next to the dilophosaurus) from?
An oversized house cat.

Duck

Quote from: Lynx on September 30, 2021, 01:36:44 PM
I love your collection! I've been meaning to say something on here, so nows the time I have the chance.
The new lighting is very neat, and I adore the way you displayed the various figures without making it look messy.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that suchomimus (the one next to the dilophosaurus) from?
That's a Schleich Baryonyx from 2019 I think?
He who dwells in pond

Duck

I bought it from Amazon.
He who dwells in pond

Halichoeres

A damn sight nicer than my collection when it was at this size. The lighting is a nice touch!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Crackington

Yes, very nicely presented collection, so well done!

I'm admiring the lighting too and will think about re-introducing it in my cabinet. I used to like the Mothership effect, especially at Xmas....

CarnotaurusKing

Nice collection! Can't wait to see where it goes.

Grimbeard

Quote from: Duck on September 30, 2021, 12:23:09 AM
Here is a photo. Also I took a picture of the collection at night. I recently added some lighting to the shelf and I think it looks really nice.

The lightning does indeed add quite a nice touch. I'm currently also looking into lightning options for my cabinets, this give me more inspiration, good job!

Duck

He who dwells in pond

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: