News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Duck's Collection

Started by Duck, September 29, 2021, 05:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duck

I've done some rearranging, taken away some figures, added some figures, and added a whole new shelf. I thought I'd give a short photo tour of my collection as of 10/6/21.
Here are the two main shelves with the Mothership lighting.

The Safari Deinonychus. His leg broke, so he's being supported by a plastic rock. Still one of my favorites.

The Schleich Baryonyx (Suchomimus) I think this is a very underrated figure, even with the gigantic feet.

The Papo Ceratosaurus. Probably the best Ceratosaurus in the market, despite its small size.

Papo Triceratops in the act of stabbing a young featherless T-Rex

The Safari 2017 Rex. This is my Tyrannosaurus figure to end all Tyrannosaurus figures. He's fat and fluffy. Sure, the feathers are outdated now, but he's still my favorite Tyrannosaurus figure.

Papo Tyrannosaurus stealing away a juvenile unbranded Triceratops.

This is my "Shelf of Honor" Figures that are important to me and figures I liked that aren't accurate enough to go on my main shelves. There's not much here, just a few Invictas, Schleichs, and Carnegies.

Bonus! My collection of nature bits and stuff that I've found in the woods.

And that concludes my tour. I hope you enjoyed!

He who dwells in pond

Bread

Very nice display. I too like to mix around my shelf every now and again.
Yeah the Safari feathered Tyranosaurus is still favored by many.
On your nature shelf, what animal did those bones belong to?

Duck

He who dwells in pond

Shonisaurus

I like your figures, honestly those of Invicta are very well cared for. Nice collection.

Bread

Concavenator

Nice collection! I used to have that Schleich Dilophosaurus, god knows where it is now though  ;D

Duck

Quote from: Concavenator on October 07, 2021, 02:19:38 PM
Nice collection! I used to have that Schleich Dilophosaurus, god knows where it is now though  ;D
Honestly, given the new research on Dilophosaurus, that figure is pretty accurate. Aside from the tail and pronated wrists of course.
He who dwells in pond

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Duck on October 07, 2021, 02:27:10 PM
Honestly, given the new research on Dilophosaurus, that figure is pretty accurate. Aside from the tail and pronated wrists of course.
Not at all
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Duck

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 07, 2021, 06:46:34 PM
Quote from: Duck on October 07, 2021, 02:27:10 PM
Not at all
I just meant that the Schleich Dilo is kinda thicker than all the other models. According to some new research, Dilophosaurus was a lot more robust and strong than we originally thought.
https://www.jsg.utexas.edu/vpl/dilophosaurus/
He who dwells in pond

Concavenator

Quote from: Duck on October 07, 2021, 07:31:56 PM
I just meant that the Schleich Dilo is kinda thicker than all the other models. According to some new research, Dilophosaurus was a lot more robust and strong than we originally thought.

You're right about that. It's ironic that the Schleich Dilophosaurus got that aspect right when the new CollectA version (2021) failed to represent that very important aspect of the new reconstruction.

Stegotyranno420

I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but hello there avatar_Duck @Duck ! Usually I greet the new members instantly, however since school I been spending less time. Anywho, amazing collection. I absolutely adore the Safari Tyrannosaurus as well, and I believe the feathers doesn't damage how good it looks. You are right about the Dilophosaurus. It is interesting that a dinosaur once thought to be skinny, small and sleek is now robust, larger, and built. It kind of reminds me of vintage times when dilophosaurus was portrayed like all the other theropods, but during the dinosaur renaissance it completely changed. I as well think the Schliech Baryonyx is a lot like a suchomimus in some aspects. Though I must say it's skull is leaning towards Baryonyx.
Hope you enjoy your stay here my friend

Halichoeres

With the fern fronds, the mink skull, the pine cones and all, you have the beginnings of your own little natural history museum!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Crackington

Very nice collection Duck, like the way the models are spaced out and glad you've gone Close Encounters with the lighting. Great display!

Bokisaurus

Always wonderful to watch the growth of a collection.
Nice display 😃

Duck

I kinda forgot about this thread, but after Christmas, I'll update it again. I did some revamping to the display and got some new figures. I also got rid of some figures as well. Stay tuned!
He who dwells in pond

MesozoicJohn

I'm looking forward to seeing them.

John :)

Duck

As promised, here is an update, with some truly awful photos.
First, the main shelves with the alien lighting.

The top shelf. This one has all the larger figures.

The bottom shelf. This one has all the smaller figures. (Yes, that's a Lego Star Wars ship down there)

Here's some Jurassic theropods located on that shelf.

That's it for now! More to follow soon.
EDIT: There's actually a picture of my two BOTM figures in there, but for some reason they aren't showing up.
Here they are:
He who dwells in pond

ZoPteryx

Oh no, the Eofauna Giganotosaurus is about to abducted!  :o  In all seriousness, you have a great collection and I like the little décor items (tree, bones, etc.) included with the animals.  ^-^

Duck

He who dwells in pond

Fembrogon

Your collection is looking pretty good there; you have a nice variety of brands and aesthetics represented, both vintage and contemporary, accurate and stylized. The lighting is neat, too - if you have concerns about getting the photos to come out right, you can try adding more light sources surrounding the display. You could also edit the photos in post to reduce the light/shadow contrast; there are probably tons of free programs that can alleviate the issue (Windows Photos app often suffices for me).

Quote from: Concavenator on October 07, 2021, 10:48:49 PM
Quote from: Duck on October 07, 2021, 07:31:56 PM

You're right about that. It's ironic that the Schleich Dilophosaurus got that aspect right when the new CollectA version (2021) failed to represent that very important aspect of the new reconstruction.
It's funny watching how some reconstructions kind of circle back around over time, at least temporarily - like how Spinosaurus was briefly a quadruped again a few years ago.
In this case, I think the Schleich figure was just imitating more old-fashioned art in the likes of John Sibbick and Steve Kirk, where Dilophosaurus was depicted as a more generically stocky theropod. Skinny Dilophosaurus seems like a relatively recent development in paleoart.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: