News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Paleochris's collection

Started by paleochris, October 03, 2021, 03:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

need4swede

Absolutely gorgeous! Please do more concentrated shots of the models when you have time - we would all appreciate it!

What's the model on the bottom right in photo #2? Looks almost like an Allosaurus.

EDIT:

Found it - https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/yangchuanosaurus-resin-kit-by-dinone-studio/
- Swede

ceratopsian

You have a fine collection. What a beautiful display your models make. I buy resins too, though I avoid larger models these days on grounds of space!

Halichoeres

Quote from: paleochris on October 04, 2021, 08:52:17 PM
I was lucky because I found some in France, where the sellers were not conscious of the prices on ebay, I got them cheaper. I bought 2 or 3 more expensive ones via groups on facebook too. I still miss a lot of them.
Thank you avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I read with great interest your reviews on the scientific accuracy of the figures (I bought the Dunkleosteus after your opinion).

I'm very glad you found it useful!

That Teratophoneus vs. Nasutoceratops sculpture is so full of energy. It's a hell of a display piece. Thanks for sharing it, I'm always interested in the variety of things that people collect.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

paleochris

My Rebor Titanoboa Monty.
This figure is very controversial since it is very fragile with big problems of cracks in the paint. Mine is holding up well but some small cracks have formed. I try not to flex it too much and to handle it as less as possible.

The second Titanoboa from Rebor (MUSEUM CLASS) will arrive home on Tuesday !

Shonisaurus

Nice photographs of your titanoboa. By the way, the other titanoboa figure that you are waiting for will not generate problems since it is made with a top quality material although obviously it has to be protected by a display case due to its delicate constitution. Honestly, in my case, I don't usually force the body of my titanoboa either. Thanks for sharing great photos.

paleochris

My Protoceratops from Collecta !
I have very few collecta.  But the sculpture of this protoceratops was magnificent, one of the most beautiful collecta without any doubt. However, as is often the case, the original painting was not at all adequate. Fortunately, Ben Van Steenberge, a Belgian painter, repainted the figure in a wonderful style!
The paint is now up to the level of the sculpture and sometimes gives the impression that it is a small model in high quality resin!

In addition, its blue tones remind me of the fabulous illustrations of the very old encyclopedia Dinosaurs of my childhood!

Dusty Wren

That's a stunning repaint, congrats!
Check out my customs thread!

Fenestra

So pretty! I love the way the beak is painted. Congrats!

Halichoeres

I recognize this handiwork from customized models on ceratopsian's collection thread. Good to see his repaints show up here as well, beautifully done.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

ceratopsian

Ben's repaint really brought out the quality of the sculpt.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That is really lifelike, amazing quality really, and shows how good the sculpt is that this paint job doesn't look out of place
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

UK

Fantastic interpretation.

Does Ben take commissions from others or is he working for you as a friend?

Bokisaurus

Very nice collection and beautiful repaint of that protoceratops 😃

Shonisaurus

Nice repainting that protoceratops has been great. Magnificent work of art of repainting my congratulations. I do not understand why the protoceratops in many dinosaur companies is not represented.

paleochris

Quote from: UK on October 20, 2021, 07:07:16 PM
Fantastic interpretation.

Does Ben take commissions from others or is he working for you as a friend?

Ben accepts commissions from everyone, write him! :)

paleochris

Ta-da !

I received the Bajadasaurus from Memory Museum. It is a limited edition (but the number of copies seems to be unknown) high-quality resin statue.

The animal is very impressive, it is one of the longest of my collection, 70 cm!

The animal comes with 2 magnectic heads, each with a different nasal position, do you know why they did that?

Bread

Stunning piece and congratulations on the acquisition. It is always a pleasure to see your collection.

paleochris

Arrival of the day:

Carcharodontosaurus saharicus by GR TOYS & HAOLONGOOD Studios, 1/20 resin statue, limited edition of 100, I have #3/100.

This will be my definitive Carcharodontosaurus (I have a second one made by VWUVWU in 1/35 which is also very nice and I would still take only the PNSO.

GR TOYS is a new studio very recent in dinosaur figurines, they have created 3 PVC models (Spinosaurus, Dicraeosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus). I'm a fan of their creations even if I didn't like their Carcha PVC, fortunately they had the good idea to accompany it with this limited statue.

Some photos, single and with his new friends Carcha, Gigano and Mapusaurus !

Bread

What a beautiful piece you got there!

I have to agree about the GR Toy's Carcharodontosaurus PVC figure. I have mixed feelings about it again and still haven't pulled the trigger on buying it. Glad I haven't as I am starting to prefer PNSO's. However this model definitely greatly outshines the figure(s) entirely! Such a masterpiece!

Now, where do you order most of your large pieces P @paleochris?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: