News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 31, 2021, 04:48:31 AM
Quote from: MLMjp on October 30, 2021, 02:26:40 PM
Wish it had ankylosaurus armor on it´s main body intead of those zilla-esque plates.

Feel like it could use some tweaking..more of a triceratops frill and yeah a more ankylosaur back would be better.  Reminds me more of a Monster Hunter creature now especially the head

Oh that would actually look really good! It would resemble an armored tank of a theropod. It also has the raptor-esque claw, which is a nice touch.
It's definitely a monster mashup of a thing - I think both your suggestions would favor the models intimidating presence.
- Swede

Abobo

Carnoking

That new color scheme for the Para is gorgeous! I'm loving both of those figures right now, it's gonna be a tough choice between the two!

Bread

Was just about to post those ;D
Thanks avatar_Abobo @Abobo!

Definitely going to purchase the Ultimasaurus just for those fences. Really Nanmu should consider making diorama pieces similar to this JP fence.

Those Parasaurolophus look gorgeous. I have to go with TLW color variant as it will pair up nicely with the Buck.

Shonisaurus

I like that JP parasaurolophus, it is a fairly finished figure like all the ones Nanmu makes, Nanmu's ultimasaurus is interesting, I hope they make other fantastic creatures over time, such as all species of dinosaurs and other creatures from the island of La A skull and also a godzilla would be great a well finished godzilla figure, but yes, it is not very big because the price would rise and commercially it would not mean profits for Nanmu worldwide!

need4swede

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 31, 2021, 10:01:57 PM
...I hope they make other fantastic creatures over time...

I have some sculpts of the dragon Smaug from Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' made by Weta in NZ, and they're fantastic. Would love to see some more mythological creatures (Loch Ness Monster, Cerberus, Jörmungandr, etc.) made by the likes of Nanmu and W-Dragon. I bet they could make some really amazing stuff.
- Swede

Shonisaurus

Quote from: need4swede on October 31, 2021, 10:10:52 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 31, 2021, 10:01:57 PM
...I hope they make other fantastic creatures over time...

I have some sculpts of the dragon Smaug from Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' made by Weta in NZ, and they're fantastic. Would love to see some more mythological creatures (Loch Ness Monster, Cerberus, Jörmungandr, etc.) made by the likes of Nanmu and W-Dragon. I bet they could make some really amazing stuff.

I agree with what you say I would like a In my case I would like a mokele mbembe I do not think there are many figures of that dinosaur belonging to the cryptozoological myth if there is any figure at a global level. A mokele mbembe figure from PNSO and with figures of pygmies attacking him would be great.

Bread

I keep looking back at the other Parasaurolophus variant, the purple color scheme, and it really makes me wonder if Nanmu will attempt some scientific/accurate dinosaurs. For example, this color scheme would be absolutely amazing on an accurate Parasaurolophus.

Mattyonyx

Mordred, as a concept, reminds me of W-Dragon's Giganotosaurus: a "life-like" update on a popular yet underused design, which becomes more personal than anything done before. To me, just because of that it's the most interesting Nanmu model so far. Also, since it's a company that's focused on replicating movie monsters, this was the next logical step.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nanmu seems to be making changes based on the fans ideas again. Wish they could make that head less dragon like..

Palaeontologica

Am I the only one reminded of the Vastatosaurus from 2005's King Kong? The eyebrow ridges are similar, the shape of the snout (except the nose horn and the beak) is similar, and the dentition is similar.
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

- Arthur C. Clarke

dinodamage

Any word on being able to buy the paddock fence? I'm dying for more diorama pieces like that for my JP toys. I feel like a lot of fans would go in for HQ set pieces like that.

Personally not a fan of the Ultimasaurus, looks too dragon-y for my shelves

Bread

Quote from: Palaeontologica on November 04, 2021, 05:32:02 PM
Am I the only one reminded of the Vastatosaurus from 2005's King Kong? The eyebrow ridges are similar, the shape of the snout (except the nose horn and the beak) is similar, and the dentition is similar.
Yeah I can see that. Definitely gives off a sort of pre-production artwork type of vibe to it. Sharp edges and ridges like you said, reminds me of the V-rex and anything else skull island related in Peter Jackson's version.

Quote from: dinodamage on November 04, 2021, 06:20:25 PM
Any word on being able to buy the paddock fence? I'm dying for more diorama pieces like that for my JP toys. I feel like a lot of fans would go in for HQ set pieces like that.

Personally not a fan of the Ultimasaurus, looks too dragon-y for my shelves
Some commented the question of buying the paddock fence separate through Nanmu's post on instagram and facebook. They said there are no plans to release or sell the bases separately; however My Online Toy Store from Aliexpress may do this as they have sold the bases separate with some of their Nanmu offerings. So we'll just have to wait and see with this one.

Bread

Bread

This Parasaurolophus rearing posture has me wondering if it will be translucent like the running rex or another color scheme entirely. If it is clear I will just purchase this to repaint it, would go well with the running Para. Shows it is looking out for a predator or simple watching the buck run after its friend :))

Anyways, slightly off topic or not really relating to 2022 releases, a baby Tyrannosaurus rex based off junior from TLW was made by a company called JM Studio. The material is PU Resin and was expensive for its size, 1/9 and 1/35. Saw some photos on IG and the 1/35 goes well with the new Buck by Nanmu. Anyways, this makes me wonder if Nanmu will ever make one. Like their buck, it would sell well plus more affordable than this JM Studio model, which even though it is expensive, it is a beautiful model. 

Carnoking

After the Raptor squad, I'm not entirely enthusiastic for Nanmu to produce smaller JP/JW creatures in their particular scale range.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on November 15, 2021, 02:50:22 PM
After the Raptor squad, I'm not entirely enthusiastic for Nanmu to produce smaller JP/JW creatures in their particular scale range.
Especially with price in mind and comparing it to the raptor squad, which is $50-$60 depending on the seller. Hopefully if they do release junior, it would just simply be the figure, and maybe with a base, price being capped at $30, but then again this is just a wish of mine as I'd like to have the whole family in an affordable price range.

Halichoeres

Seems to me all the discussion of the Brachiosaurus fits here rather than in the 2021 thread.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 03, 2021, 01:30:46 PM
Seems to me all the discussion of the Brachiosaurus fits here rather than in the 2021 thread.
Its confusing nonetheless. I honestly think Nanmu releases are somewhat unorganized so it really should be just a general discussion thread for Nanmu as for releases. For example, apparently the Baryonyx are set to release in December, but knowing from past releases, they tend to release a month or more after the expected release date.

Lynx

I don't have any interest in Nanmu, but that Brachiosaurus looks pretty nice, might purchase during a sale.
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: