News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Nanmu 2.0 is the easy winner in my book, especially if they get the paint close to the paint master there

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on May 11, 2022, 12:07:01 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2022, 11:24:47 PM
I need labels.. Wdragon, Prime1, Nanmu and..another Wdragon or the early Nanmu?

I believe I got this right...

Missing from the lot is the first W-Dragon Spino

Thanks! It's hard going back and looking even when I own one of them.

It's so hard, I don't think I could choose one. The P1 has the rough deep detail of the animatronic and the and WDragon has the look of the cg model down pat.  Nanmu is an art piece that is inspired by both so it's accuracy isn't perfect on either but it does have nice detail and paint apps overall.

dragon53

Lana Time Shop had the original Spinosaurus in stock yesterday, but it's sold out today.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received the Para corpse yesterday, it's much larger than I thought.  Oddly it was shipped 5 days after the regular edition figure and it arrived first from a California address again.

Trying to decide the best way to display it.

This or build a diorama?

Darko2300

I'd do the latter personally. I'm having a hard time seeing it look good on a plate/art stand like that.  :P

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 11, 2022, 05:02:50 PM
I'd do the latter personally. I'm having a hard time seeing it look good on a plate/art stand like that.  :P

On a stand it's more like an art piece, I might be able to find a clear acrylic stand too..but's going to awkward for sure.  I like the diorama, just gotta find fishing net material in that scale and either find/build a stand.  Which was supposed to be a Japanese fishing trawler..I think?  If I really had the funds I might could get the JAWS boat and use it.

Quote from: blnadal on May 11, 2022, 08:18:20 PM

Awesome.

blnadal

本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio
  ·
Good weekend, one piece of news:
1. Updated the assembly effect of the dinosaur fence. The fence belongs to the "Dragon Soul" series, with a quantity of 500 boxes. Seize the opportunity!
2. Some of the matching effects of fences and other toys, of course, smart you will play more wonderful.
3. A limited version of Brachiosaurus will begin shipping to dealers in early June.
4. Updated the physical picture of Carnotaurus Ranger 2.0. more details are being renovated. Please look forward to the follow-up news!

Carnoking

Yeah, fence looks great with the figures and all but it's still a no.

Sturisoma

Nanmu just posted a short video of resin Supplanter 2.0, which will be made of "advanced flexible resin." Then I saw Nanmu's comment:

I'm afraid of the higher price again for dragon soul series. On plus side, I hope this won't have any issues. I like the dynamic pose of the PVC version, but the resin's pose is just straight out of JP 3 which I love so much  ^-^ I just hope the higher price will still be reasonable. (I'm looking at you, fence!  ::) )

Nanmu also stated that only key components will be made of the new material. This is their comment on instagram:

Bread

So my fears are correct, Nanmu is climbing up to the "prestine resin model" producers.

I really hope this isn't the future for Nanmu. I liked their affordable (unofficial) JP models.

Carnoking

As long as the Dragon Soul series doesn't start to take priority, I think it will be okay. It's wise of them to offer the standard alternatives to appease both sides of the aisle.

Carnoking

That being said, I'd just as soon prefer they did away with the Dragon Soul series altogether if the prices are only going to rise. I appreciate them taking steps to rectify their egregious mistakes past, but I personally don't see the point of the series when their standard releases look just as good in many cases and cost much less.* I don't think the Rearing Brach looks any better sculpted/painted than the standard offering, and we all know the heavy cost of making that figure in resin. Meanwhile, comparing other brands like W-Dragon's resin releases to their Nanmu counterparts doesn't really give me the impression that W-Dragon's sculpts/paint jobs are any better despite the material difference. In fact, if given the choice, I'd take Nanmu's work over W-Dragon 9 times out of 10 (their official indominus and indoraptor are easily superior to Nanmu's though).

I get that there will always be a group of collectors clamoring for resin, so I understand why Nanmu are doing the series  but the fact that a figure with great appeal might turn out to cost more than I'm wanting to pay because it's a "better" material is a disappointing prospect, and one that may work against Nanmu if they shift their focus too far in that direction.

*out of the two resin pieces I have from Nanmu, the sick triceratops is the only exception, as that model's detail and paint are head and shoulders above the standard trike I picked up.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on May 15, 2022, 12:45:34 PMNanmu just posted a short video of resin Supplanter 2.0, which will be made of "advanced flexible resin." Then I saw Nanmu's comment:

I'm afraid of the higher price again for dragon soul series. On plus side, I hope this won't have any issues. I like the dynamic pose of the PVC version, but the resin's pose is just straight out of JP 3 which I love so much  ^-^ I just hope the higher price will still be reasonable. (I'm looking at you, fence!  ::) )

Nanmu also stated that only key components will be made of the new material. This is their comment on instagram:

All I see them saying is that their pricing isn't going to lessen due to the new material, not that it will rise and that resin will replace PVC as the dominate form of life in this hobby/manufacturer . ;)

Carnoking

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtu.be/G97ID_AkRHo
Review of both versions of the 2022 Nanmu Parasaurolophus "Nutcracker Soldier" from Andy's Dinosaur Reviews.

Carnoking

My new paperweight showed up today.

SenSx

Those Parasaurolophus are gorgeous, but as big as their Rex  :o
Nanmu just does not care anymore about scale, especially with their previous models.
Looks like they are re releasing everything bigger.

Sturisoma

Anybody ordered the macaron parasaurolophus? This is the only photo I found that is not from Nanmu. Unfortunately, the macaron series were not available for PO in my country. I really like this gummy worm and transparent versions  ^-^  I wanted to buy 3 to luckily get a version I like, then have the other 2 custom painted.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: