News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Thanks for the pics.
It probably does not have articulated mouth anymore, as all the recent Nanmu product, they seemed to struggle with those and gave up on them.
So there are two versions: the closed version and opened mouth with broken horn version.
I'm curious about the size, probably bigger than Ranger 1.

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on May 01, 2022, 10:59:04 AM
Thanks for the pics.
It probably does not have articulated mouth anymore, as all the recent Nanmu product, they seemed to struggle with those and gave up on them.
So there are two versions: the closed version and opened mouth with broken horn version.
I am pretty sure there will be an articulated jaw. You can see the placement of the articulation in these renders. Also, their last released figure with an articulated jaw was the Once and Future King Tyrannosaurus and the figure had little to no issues with the articulation.

Darko2300

At this point, I think I'm over Carnotaurus which is funny, because before the resurgence it was one of my favorite dinosaurs. Now I just want a movie-accurate Giganotosaurus and Atrociraptors!  ;D

Sturisoma

Perhaps the battle damaged one is resin version and not articulated mouth. Maybe the closed mouth one will be articulated and PVC version. However, Nanmu provides renders that have both open and closed mouth if jaws are articulated, so I'm not sure if the PVC will have articulated jaws as well. I really like the battle damaged one, but I wish the closed mouth version had a more different pose to justify me getting them both.

Carnoking

They wasted zero time getting in on the Dominion hype. I haven't even seen that new trailer yet but I already know exactly what moment they were going for with that base.

Faelrin

The broken horn one will probably have that Kenner Demon-like coloration the one in FK and Dominion had. I really hope so. Granted I typically just stick with the Mattel stuff, but I do like what Nanmu does even though I'm slow to follow it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

blnadal

Quote from: Bread on May 01, 2022, 02:02:03 PM
Quote from: SenSx on May 01, 2022, 10:59:04 AM
Thanks for the pics.
I am pretty sure there will be an articulated jaw. You can see the placement of the articulation in these renders. Also, their last released figure with an articulated jaw was the Once and Future King Tyrannosaurus and the figure had little to no issues with the articulation.
Just look at head position in both figures, it's different..
so no articulated jaw

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mordred is up at Lanatimeshop : https://lanatime-shop.com/products/nanmu-mordred-model?variant=42705182327034&fbclid=IwAR08shfEWp3lFsxxOtgWTYEkpfLUr6G_CgFx1KWCNC5VR5INL_QSogDTTaA

I swear I think this is the first one I'm skipping, it's just not what I want from an Ultimasaurus.  Oh to those that want the fence section only it's 110.00 , resin and will require assembly. Hmmm..I thought it might sell for half that?

Carnoking

Yeah, really liked the prospect of those fences as an accessory to their previous pieces, but a hundred and ten dollars is way too much to pay for something like that. That's more than most of their figures alone!

need4swede

Well, I'm glad they decided to sell them separately, given what we know about the price of that fence.

I'm a bit torn on the two different colors, and also a bit confused. Which model (DX or Standard) has which set of horns? On Lana's site, the Deluxe 'Red' has the triceratops horns, while the Standard model has the ram horns, but on the green color the reverse is true, so I am not sure what to make of that.

As for the colors themselves, the green looks to have more color variety and shading on the figures torso and underbelly, whereas the red one looks more bland by comparison. I quite like the red one, but the green's paint application seems far superior to my eyes.

- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on May 02, 2022, 04:00:42 AM
Yeah, really liked the prospect of those fences as an accessory to their previous pieces, but a hundred and ten dollars is way too much to pay for something like that. That's more than most of their figures alone!

exactly.. :(

Quote from: need4swede on May 02, 2022, 04:58:08 AM
Well, I'm glad they decided to sell them separately, given what we know about the price of that fence.

I'm a bit torn on the two different colors, and also a bit confused. Which model (DX or Standard) has which set of horns? On Lana's site, the Deluxe 'Red' has the triceratops horns, while the Standard model has the ram horns, but on the green color the reverse is true, so I am not sure what to make of that.

As for the colors themselves, the green looks to have more color variety and shading on the figures torso and underbelly, whereas the red one looks more bland by comparison. I quite like the red one, but the green's paint application seems far superior to my eyes.

you might want to message them but i think both include both sets of horns in this initial sale.   then later they will eliminate a set.   

its also odd they made the spines removable even to add lights like with Godzilla models, kinda feels like overkill

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon
Oh to those that want the fence section only it's 110.00 , resin and will require assembly.

Not to mention if anything was going to be more fragile than a brachiosaurus neck, it would be those delicate, thin fence wires  :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on May 02, 2022, 02:16:31 PM
Oh to those that want the fence section only it's 110.00 , resin and will require assembly.

Not to mention if anything was going to be more fragile than a brachiosaurus neck, it would be those delicate, thin fence wires  :o

I hate to pile on but yeah..I don't  get this move?  It says it uses magnets too?  Why not just make it from molded plastic like Kenner did? You don't need a ton of detail in a fence?

blnadal

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 02, 2022, 02:52:51 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on May 02, 2022, 02:16:31 PM

I hate to pile on but yeah..I don't  get this move?  It says it uses magnets too?  Why not just make it from molded plastic like Kenner did? You don't need a ton of detail in a fence?
Dang, and please don't tell me this will be sold in limited quantities? Cause for me personally I'd like to wait as I was lucky to avoid the Brachiosaurus resin issue.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I'll update the first post sometime this week. Sorry for the delay as I have been busy irl and distant from the forum lately.

Over9K

Quote from: blnadal on May 03, 2022, 02:32:53 PM

Alpha T.rex retired... hope everybody that wanted one, got one.

SenSx

The new Carnotaurus is even larger than the Allosaurus  :o
Well no thanks

blnadal

Quote from: SenSx on May 03, 2022, 07:19:48 PM
The new Carnotaurus is even larger than the Allosaurus  :o
Well no thanks
for me, looks in scale

Sturisoma

Looks like the base for Ranger 2.0 is a must. The dinosaur already has small feet, but what concerns me is the renders make it look like it's walking on tip toes.

Abobo

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: