News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

WOW

Extremely tempting.
I usually prefer to stay with the screen accurate colors, but I love Albino animals, and they nailed it !
Well it won't come out before a long anyway, it will give me time to think about.

Carnoking

Those are jaw-dropping! I'm also quite keen on the albino color scheme but they absolutely nailed the movie colors as well! This is gonna be a tough call for sure...
Suppose you could go for the albino version on the standard model, as the Dragon Soul series will most certainly have the accurate paint deco, but you could probably get both of these for roughly the same cost as the limited edition version  ::)

Either way, this will most certainly be the definitive JP spino in my collection.

Darko2300

Wow. Color me excited! (No pun intended as it is the color, movie-accurate version that I'd be going with...  ;D)

And, there might be a thread buried somewhere for this but, as someone new to collecting Nanmu, just what the heck do you all do with your boxes?  ???

Pliosaurking

WOW!
Well that just became my most anticipated model for 2022

Blade-of-the-Moon

Think they should have saved the white for a new Indominus Rex myself.  Maybe tried the Camp Cretaceous colors instead?

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 06, 2022, 01:53:56 PM

And, there might be a thread buried somewhere for this but, as someone new to collecting Nanmu, just what the heck do you all do with your boxes?  ???

I actually have a barn I store boxes in..it's definitely a problem..

Darko2300

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 06, 2022, 11:43:43 PM
I actually have a barn I store boxes in..it's definitely a problem..

Yeah, I really need to narrow down my collection to just a few select figures that I love and find other homes for the rest. Too much stuff just makes me feel so bogged down and stressed, but I've always loved 3-dimensional art; it's a never-ending struggle.  :(

Sturisoma

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 06, 2022, 01:53:56 PM
Wow. Color me excited! (No pun intended as it is the color, movie-accurate version that I'd be going with...  ;D)

I keep my Nanmu boxes. They are just to nice to look at. I also have the 3 Kotobukiya Artfx+ alien figures that have B I G boxes for such small figures, but I like the box art so I make space for them  :))

Here is a close up shot of JP 3 Supplanter 2.0's face from Nanmu's comment:

SenSx

Unpopular opinion, but I only wish it had an articulated jaw.
I will probably pick the albino version, it makes me think of Rudy from Ice of Age 3 (but as a Spino not a supposed giant  Baryonyx)

blnadal

It looks way better than 1.0 and W-Dragon one

Over9K

I was looking at the banner again, and noticed a few things I missed before...

Retired figures as of this image are Sinoceratops, Mosasaurus, Giganotosaurus, Carnotaurus and Alpha (Female) Tyrannosaurus.

The Carnotaurus V1 is obvious we're getting the V2.

IMO, it was time for the Sinoceratops. It wasn't their best offering, and perhaps they'll give us another Ceratopsian soon. I'd like a Nanmu Styracosaurus, or Pentaceratops, or Centrosaurus.

The Mosasaurus I'm a bit sad to see go, and I'm glad I got mine. I know some folks were disappointed in the paint app and the fact it was hollow. I see nothing wrong with it being hollow, it still felt like a quality piece, and in person the paint app has depth and nuance. I hope they return to the Mesozoic oceans at some point, maybe a Kronosaur, or a Plesiosaurus.

The Giganotosaurus is a surprise to me. Is this a record for quickest release/retirement from Nanmu? JW: Dominion version to follow?

The Alpha Tyrannosaurus is a bit of a surprise as well, given how popular the release was. Is the Once and Future King now Nanmu's definitive Tyrannosaurus, or might we be seeing an actual Rexy down the line, or perhaps a JPIII sub-adult male to go with the recently teased base adorned with a Spinosaurus skull? Time will tell.

Flaffy

Quote from: Over9K on May 07, 2022, 11:56:55 AM
IMO, it was time for the Sinoceratops. It wasn't their best offering, and perhaps they'll give us another Ceratopsian soon. I'd like a Nanmu Styracosaurus, or Pentaceratops, or Centrosaurus.

A Sinoceratops 2.0 is long overdue from them. The first one does not capture the likeness of the Jurassic World design, and the paint job was really washed out.
Though saying that, there are still plenty of movie-species that they've yet to produce. E.g. Corythosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Gallimimus, Dilophosaurus, Pteranodon, Mamenchisaurus etc. And obviously all the new species from the JW trilogy.

Maybe they've held off producing small species due to the flop that was the raptor pack? Everything about that set was just mediocre at best, and outright sloppy at worst.

Darko2300

The Carnotaurus is still in that image, but maybe that's the 2.0? The Once and Future King I initially passed on because I found the 'hunchbacked' pose rather awkward. After numerous glowing reviews though, I finally caved thinking maybe I'd like it better in person. In short? I don't.  ;D While it is cool, I still find the pose very awkward. (So I kinda hope they revisit the Rex again down the line.)

Right now, I've got my sights set on a Dominion Giga, so we'll see how that plays out.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yep that's the new Carnotaurus.

Nanmu pieces are kind of limited, it doesn't pay to sleep on them too long.

I'd say scale is the issue with the smaller pieces. They just need to make a new scale line and release all the smaller ones or just ignore scale all together.

They've had some flops in the past to be sure, but more successes vs fails so far.  They're line has grown pretty large in fact.   Here's a question, does anyone here value the older pieces that have been retired or are you just looking for what's new? 

Takama

I said it multiple times   I will say it again

I WISH THEY DID NOT REPEAT SPECIES

meaning they did not make the Second Spinosaurus and Carnotaurus.

WHY?

Because there are many species that need to be made from the JP/JW Frachise that need a model from them and instead they give us Repeats.

I love my Ranger Version one,

and i think there was no reason to replace the first version of the Spinosaurus

and those raptors were, OK IMO., I could say more, but i wish they make more in this scale, but i know they wont, because fans hated those, for reasons i think were petty ::) 

If any model needed a repeat it was the one that turned out to be a April fools Joke in 2021 ::)

Im also upset that they are doing away with the Jaw Articulation as well.

Overall, I loved Nanmu, but slowly they are loseing me as a fan

So to answer your Qustion avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 07, 2022, 04:42:32 PMHere's a question, does anyone here value the older pieces that have been retired or are you just looking for what's new? 

I do vaule them,  and there has to be a VERY GOOD reason for a model to get a repeat to warrent one. Which so far has only happend with the tyrannosaurus

Sturisoma

Mordred and the fence are already up for PO in my country. It's strange as the standard and DX Mordred are the same price. Don't know anyone locally who will buy standard Mordred now as it is the same price as DX, as the lower price incentive for standard has been rendered nugatory. If they don't collect bases, they can just sell it off and get extra cash. Fence is also the same price as Mordred.

While I excitedly looked forward to the fence, I regret that I will pass on it. I wonder why Nanmu decided to make it resin, making it more fragile and expensive. I think this was a bad move for Nanmu. Commenters on fb expressed how they will buy lots to make dioramas. The price now I believe will scare off those commenters, like me. Maybe Nanmu wants us to tap into our inner child and to play with the dinosaur figures and break the fence?   :))  I will just buy the Rebor 2-pack bases. Those look nice, and give more bang for buck! Anyway, I will look forward to Supplanter 2.0 and Ranger 2.0. I would rather spend my money on a resin dinosaur figure than a mere accessory.

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on May 07, 2022, 07:01:46 PM
I said it multiple times   I will say it again

I WISH THEY DID NOT REPEAT SPECIES

meaning they did not make the Second Spinosaurus and Carnotaurus.

WHY?

Because there are many species that need to be made from the JP/JW Frachise that need a model from them and instead they give us Repeats.

I love my Ranger Version one,

and i think there was no reason to replace the first version of the Spinosaurus

and those raptors were, OK IMO., I could say more, but i wish they make more in this scale, but i know they wont, because fans hated those, for reasons i think were petty ::) 

If any model needed a repeat it was the one that turned out to be a April fools Joke in 2021 ::)

Im also upset that they are doing away with the Jaw Articulation as well.

Overall, I loved Nanmu, but slowly they are loseing me as a fan

So to answer your Qustion avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 07, 2022, 04:42:32 PMHere's a question, does anyone here value the older pieces that have been retired or are you just looking for what's new? 

I do vaule them,  and there has to be a VERY GOOD reason for a model to get a repeat to warrent one. Which so far has only happend with the tyrannosaurus

They are creeping into collector statue territory really.

Ok, but if you hadn't bought ine of those first pieces would actively seek out and pay more for it?

Quote from: Sturisoma on May 10, 2022, 08:25:46 AM
Mordred and the fence are already up for PO in my country. It's strange as the standard and DX Mordred are the same price. Don't know anyone locally who will buy standard Mordred now as it is the same price as DX, as the lower price incentive for standard has been rendered nugatory. If they don't collect bases, they can just sell it off and get extra cash. Fence is also the same price as Mordred.

While I excitedly looked forward to the fence, I regret that I will pass on it. I wonder why Nanmu decided to make it resin, making it more fragile and expensive. I think this was a bad move for Nanmu. Commenters on fb expressed how they will buy lots to make dioramas. The price now I believe will scare off those commenters, like me. Maybe Nanmu wants us to tap into our inner child and to play with the dinosaur figures and break the fence?   :))  I will just buy the Rebor 2-pack bases. Those look nice, and give more bang for buck! Anyway, I will look forward to Supplanter 2.0 and Ranger 2.0. I would rather spend my money on a resin dinosaur figure than a mere accessory.

I hope Mordred works out for them but I feel they like they are going to lose out on this one.

Quote from: blnadal on May 10, 2022, 07:07:25 PM

I need labels.. Wdragon, Prime1, Nanmu and..another Wdragon or the early Nanmu?

Pliosaurking

Quote from: blnadal on May 10, 2022, 07:07:25 PM

Yeah the new nanmu one is definitely the best
I do think they should try to make new species instead of remaking old ones, but that spino blows the old one out of the water!
I do think their I-Rex needs an update however

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2022, 11:24:47 PM
I need labels.. Wdragon, Prime1, Nanmu and..another Wdragon or the early Nanmu?

I believe I got this right...

Missing from the lot is the first W-Dragon Spino
- Swede

blnadal

You are goddamn right!
I'll add the older W Dragon later

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: