News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Skorpio V. on March 23, 2022, 05:05:56 PM
If i'm not mistaken, CollectA marketed the Edmontosaurus on their social media as having an articulated jaw like the Triceratops multiple times which is... curious. This either means they just made a mistake in marketing and the rest will also have immovable jaws, or there'll be articulated copies.

. . . when did CollectA ever do that?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

I know what Skorpio V is talking about.

I can't post screen grabs at the moment so hopefully links will suffice

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYeScUZLbd5/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca2HZTMLpEo/?utm_medium=copy_link

Weirdly enough, they did not mention the Edmontosaurus having a moveable jaw on the original reveal posts, but subsequent posts advertising it do mention the moveable jaw. And yet, no early copies have had moveable jaws and the listing on MiniZoo has no mention of it. That leads me to believe the Edmontosaurus will not have a moveable jaw and mentioning otherwise in the posts was a fluke on CollectA's part. Weird to see they haven't corrected the posts if that's the case.

suspsy

Must have been a mistake by someone on the social media team then.

triceratops83

I have the Edmontosaurus - it definitely doesn't have an articulated jaw.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Thialfi

Same! It is absolutely beautiful and pretty massive though - same goes for smok, the new pteranodon and the cooperoceras. I keep on being perplexed by how much better figures, of almost any brand, look in hand, in natural light. I can't recommend these four new ones enough.

Shonisaurus

I'm glad the edmontosaurus doesn't have a hinged jaw honestly it makes the figure more aesthetically pleasing. It is good that the figures are massive. I like large, massive figures of dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals.

Carnoking

Surprised how much I love this figure. I could still do without the pea soup stains on an otherwise very appealing paint job but the size and sculpt is just amazing.

Flaffy

Good to see it doesn't have an ugly articulated jaw too! I still prefer models without obvious articulation seams cutting through an otherwise perfectly fine sculpt.

Psittacoraptor

The Edmontosaurus looks nice, one of the few Collecta dinos I find appealing. I'm just not a fan of the scales, they make the figure look over-textured, sort of like older PNSO figures.

suspsy

I'm still amused at how some people seriously thought the Edmontosaurus had an articulated jaw despite the fact that I posted a review of it back in January. As though CollectA would have sent me a sample product that was radically different.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on March 31, 2022, 02:17:11 PM
I'm still amused at how some people seriously thought the Edmontosaurus had an articulated jaw despite the fact that I posted a review of it back in January. As though CollectA would have sent me a sample product that was radically different.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that not many people visit the blog these days.  :-\

Carnoking

Certainly a weird situation all around. I know Andy's Dinosaur Reviews also got one early and there was no articulated jaw to be seen there despite CollectA's posts (not sure which came first, the reviews or the ads that specifically said it came with an articulated jaw). Makes me wonder if the advertised articulated jaw on the upcoming Triceratops holds any water or if that's just another fluke from CollectA's advertising.

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: Gwangi on March 31, 2022, 02:49:51 PM
I'm becoming more and more convinced that not many people visit the blog these days.  :-\
I'm a rather new member and I very rarely check the blog. My bookmark is the forum because that's where all the discussion and news are. It might be a good idea to have new blog entries listed under "news" in the top right, instead of the "best toy of 2018 poll". :P

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on March 31, 2022, 02:58:31 PM
Certainly a weird situation all around. I know Andy's Dinosaur Reviews also got one early and there was no articulated jaw to be seen there despite CollectA's posts (not sure which came first, the reviews or the ads that specifically said it came with an articulated jaw). Makes me wonder if the advertised articulated jaw on the upcoming Triceratops holds any water or if that's just another fluke from CollectA's advertising.
I certainly hope that the articulated jaw on the trike is just such an error - it's a make or break for me as far as that particular model is concerned. I'm prepared to tolerate the dorsal feathers as a CollectA distinctive, but not another clumsy jaw articulation on a herbivore, which IMO is not needed and can only detract from what appears to be an otherwise fine sculpt.

Gwangi

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on March 31, 2022, 03:13:11 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on March 31, 2022, 02:49:51 PM
I'm a rather new member and I very rarely check the blog. My bookmark is the forum because that's where all the discussion and news are. It might be a good idea to have new blog entries listed under "news" in the top right, instead of the "best toy of 2018 poll". :P

There is a thread, New Dinotoyblog Entires, that is updated with every new review. It is pinned in the Dinosaur Toys (General) sub-thread. It's 208 pages long and has been there as long as the forum has.  ;) Not trying to be a smart ass, ok, maybe a little. It would be nice if the forum had a link to the blog. It used to. Yes, the 2018 poll should definitely go away now.

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.0

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: Gwangi on March 31, 2022, 04:38:29 PM
There is a thread, New Dinotoyblog Entires, that is updated with every new review. It is pinned in the Dinosaur Toys (General) sub-thread. It's 208 pages long and has been there as long as the forum has.  ;) Not trying to be a smart ass, ok, maybe a little. It would be nice if the forum had a link to the blog. It used to. Yes, the 2018 poll should definitely go away now.

I know that, but apparently that thread isn't helping the blog's visibility very much, so maybe another approach would be better to get people to notice new reviews.

Gwangi

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on March 31, 2022, 05:20:14 PM

I know that, but apparently that thread isn't helping the blog's visibility very much, so maybe another approach would be better to get people to notice new reviews.

I agree, and as I said, a permanent and visible link on the forum would help. Honestly I think it's just that people don't want to read reviews. Blogs have been "out of fashion" for awhile now. Social media has replaced forums, YouTube reviews have replaced written ones. Time to adapt, I guess.

Renecito

I believe the articulated jaw on the trike is not an error Let's just hope that won't ruin it.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Thialfi

Quote from: Gwangi on March 31, 2022, 05:44:59 PM
Quote from: Psittacoraptor on March 31, 2022, 05:20:14 PM

I agree, and as I said, a permanent and visible link on the forum would help. Honestly I think it's just that people don't want to read reviews. Blogs have been "out of fashion" for awhile now. Social media has replaced forums, YouTube reviews have replaced written ones. Time to adapt, I guess.
I said this already in another thread fairly recently, but I very much prefer written reviews over video ones. The reviews and vast database of them were for me the main reason to visit this site; I learned that there was a (lovely!) forum attached only much later. Please never stop writing them, they're an absolute joy.

Thialfi

Quote from: Renecito on March 31, 2022, 05:51:16 PM
I believe the articulated jaw on the trike is not an error Let's just hope that won't ruin it.
I don't think so either, it's mentioned on avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur blog as well and I assume they got their information straight from the source.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: