News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

suspsy

Pronated hands or not, I'm really liking that Spinosaurus. I'd say it ties with the PNSO version for best one to date.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bokisaurus

Wow, good impressive start from CollectA! I love them all and the Paraceratherium is just awesome, cool to see a figure of it with that long nose ;D It would scale nicely with the Eofauna elephant models which the Toy does not.
I love the new Spinosaurus, it has a very graceful look to it and the colors are very pleasing. I can't wait to see what else they have! I know they won't have as much as they did this year due to the challenges of the production. :)

SidB

Wow, that new perspective really accentuates the size and mass of their spino - impressive.

Bread

Two of those PNSO display stands would really make this figure shine.

Also, does this figure not have an articulated jaw? I could have sworn there was a mentioning of one being featured on this figure.

Stegotyranno420

I hate to be a downer, but so far these all are mediocre. The Pterodon is the best but still looks unremarkable. The paracerathere would has been so much better if it didng have mange. And the spinosaurus is awful and I'm baffled how people are wo accepting of it. The texture is only slightly better than cheaposaurs, maybe even worse for some. It looks unnatural and almost like a disease. I'd even say Mojo makes vetter textures. The spinosaurus is just terrible. I like how they added spikes but they are done in the most unusual and unnatural way yet, and the head looks warped like a elongated hippo. The colors are bland brown. And the arms, they are pronated! What educational and paleontologist researched company makes such a mistake in these times ? I do like the bulk.
Once again sorry for the angry rant, I'm glad many people are glad with collecta. More buys means more money for them, which means more resources to make better and more figures

stargatedalek

It looks fine to me, and again the wrists aren't actually pronated, the elbow is being held at a weird angle.

The spines look better than most brands versions of them, which are usually attached to the vertebrae (they really shouldn't be), these ones at least sit on top of the skin like modified scales.

suspsy

24 hours till the next reveal. I wonder if there'll be another new version of a previously released genus. A new Rugops or Camptosaurus or Torosaurus would be lovely.

SidB

This has got to be a minority wish, but I'd love to see a pattern-breaking second Cenozoic mammal included in this next release, maybe a Toxodon, for instance. I know, a snowball's hope ... .

suspsy

Quote from: SidB on November 11, 2021, 03:40:41 AM
This has got to be a minority wish, but I'd love to see a pattern-breaking second Cenozoic mammal included in this next release, maybe a Toxodon, for instance. I know, a snowball's hope ... .

It's not unprecedented. CollectA released three Cenozoic mammals in 2015 and two in 2017. A Toxodon would certainly be swell.

Bread

Just hoping for a Aquilolamna milarcae and Olorotitan. Plus a medium to large size sauropod would be nice.

Camptosaurus would be great too. My only issue would be the scale of it as I hope its not too big to be paired with an Allosaurus figure or Ceratosaurus, too.

Shonisaurus

I would like as a second mammal a livyatan mellville or a basilosaurus would be a cheaper option than the one proposed by PNSO whose prices are more expensive than those of Collecta.

My wish is a livyatan and a majungasaurus that would be much better than the one marketed this next year 2022 by Schleich I am sure.

I would also like them to release a barapasaurus, turiasaurus, sarmientosaurus (only the skull is known), or even ... a patagotitan, it is the largest sauropod that exists, according to the paleontology books that I have and on the other hand, although it is hardly known nothing of it an artistic interpretation by Collecta of this giant titanosaur would be welcome on my part.

Renecito

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 11, 2021, 10:25:34 AM
I would like as a second mammal a livyatan mellville or a basilosaurus would be a cheaper option than the one proposed by PNSO whose prices are more expensive than those of Collecta.

My wish is a livyatan and a majungasaurus that would be much better than the one marketed this next year 2022 by Schleich I am sure.

I would also like them to release a barapasaurus, turiasaurus, sarmientosaurus (only the skull is known), or even ... a patagotitan, it is the largest sauropod that exists, according to the paleontology books that I have and on the other hand, although it is hardly known nothing of it an artistic interpretation by Collecta of this giant titanosaur would be welcome on my part.

CollectA has already produced a nice Basilosaurus.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Thialfi

Quote from: SidB on November 11, 2021, 03:40:41 AM
Hell yeah, I would be overjoyed, the more cenozoic mammals the better!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Renecito @Renecito What a shame, true it has already produced an excellent basilosaurus, well, a livyatan would be excellent or better a toxodon. Sorry for this slip and the most embarrassing thing that I have that magnificent figure on my shelves, which is double the shame. Thanks for Remember

Renecito

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 11, 2021, 08:27:19 PM
avatar_Renecito @Renecito What a shame, true it has already produced an excellent basilosaurus, well, a livyatan would be excellent or better a toxodon. Sorry for this slip and the most embarrassing thing that I have that magnificent figure on my shelves, which is double the shame. Thanks for Remember

Hehehe That happens often, there are too many releases every year that we forgot all that we have bought.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I don't think the CollectA Basilosaurus is excellent, passable I suppose.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Thialfi

Oh my GOD. I can barely contain my excitement. SMOK! A Triassic European archosaur. It looks so damn good. This was HIGH on my wishlist without me even realising it.

And another beautiful nautiloid, I absolutely love that CollectA is continuing to produce these! They really cornered a niche there, which I can only praise.

Very excited for these two, must buys for me personally!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: